Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

The armours I've sorted out thus far generally have that kind of thing, yeah.

YunaRibbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Protect
Tidus: Break HP Limit, Auto-Haste, Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Protect
Wakka: (Ribbon), Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Potion
Rikku: Break HP Limit, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Regen

Auto-Haste is pretty much the automatic must-have. Otherwise it's a bit of pick-n-mix.

I figure that even if BHPL isn't perfect, having Tidus around with 3 or 4 times the HP of everyone else and with Auto-Phoenix on his armour might be a nice fail-safe at some point.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the grid has enough to max all stats (except HP) but Yuna's the only one who's activated it all at this stage. So she had 255, Tidus had something like 90 and Wakka whatever he had originally (so probably about 20).

Only Dark Aeon I've actually killed so far is Valefor (who I'm guessing is the easiest) and even then I had to use Zanmato with Yojimbo because he killed the other two people I had out instantly <_<

Also that Ribbon stuff sounds dope, I need to start working on customising some better armor.

Probably the way that involves least amount of thinking/planning (so NOT what I did in my screenshot of madness a page or two back :shifty:) is to just start overwriting everything in blocks, yeah. This isn't the most efficient in that it effectively requires your characters to go round it all a second time to activate the new spheres...but it may help keep you sane...

I will say that it will save you some hassle if you select your 'A-Team' (3 characters) to keep leveled up and do all these grid shenanigans with, and just leave the rest of the characters to rot until the grid is the way you like it. After that, it will be much easier to blitz the other characters round the completed grid rather than try and keep everybody up to speed throughout.

FYI: if you want to max a stat then you require 63 lots of +4 spheres to reach the ceiling of 255. The exceptions are Luck (requires 'only' 60 because everyone has some base Luck stats), MP (requires 25 lots of +40 to reach 999 MP), and HP (requires too many +300 to reach 99,999).

If you leave the default spheres in then it's impossible to max more than a few of the stats, so overwriting some/all of them is implied.

I assume there must be some base stats for the characters as well that tip the total up from 252, but 63 is the figure that I've seen used online and it's certainly got me 255 when I did it.

Exact numbers needed:

Standard grid
20 strength spheres
25 defense spheres
27 magic spheres
32 magic defense spheres
32 evasion spheres
20 agility spheres
46 accuracy spheres

Expert grid
23 strength spheres
30 defense spheres
27 magic spheres
34 magic defense spheres
35 evasion spheres
35 agility spheres
47 accuracy spheres

Luck is down to what you do yourself, but generally everything is do-able with around 85 (plus five uses of "Aim") IIRC, so around 20, but I'd probably suggest getting more.

On standard you shouldn't need a single clear sphere and will have one spare slot left over for HP/MP/whatever (not entirely sure that's true, this is going off what I've read).