Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, do I really want to drag myself through that tedium? I started doing the Don Tonberry grind a few months ago and after about 15 battles I was already borderline suicidal. I love Final Fantasy and I love grinding but God damn, FFX really took the joy out of it all.

In other news, I can't decide whether to buy FFIX on my iPad or wait for a possible PS4 port. I wanna play it so bad but I wanna play it on the PS4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've given myself a deadline of June 21st to beat FF9 (since that is when Grand Kingdom comes out)....I think that should be doable, as I just reached 'disk 4'. Most of the party is around 45-55, with Zidane being around 58/59. Decided to dick around and try to fight Ozma (I farmed Freya's Dragon Crest to 9999)....did pretty well. I had Freya and Steiner doing 9999 a round, with Eiko acting as the main healer, with Zidane....not doing much (although if I equip Bird Attack + MP attack, I might be able to do something. Or I will just go into the fight ready to trance).

The biggest problem is his Curse attack. And Mini, when it hits Steiner. 

Ha! Murdered the shit out of Ozma! Although, it was a close fight.

Thankfully, only used Curse once in the fight....but I went in with Zidane ready to Trance (9999 a turn), Steiner with Stock (9999), Freya with a full Dragon's Crest (9999), and Quina (who I power leveled to 74) who acted as a healer. But woo!

The rest of the game is gonna be a breeze. I think I only have a few more bosses left....Kraken, Lich, Kuja and ????.

Have to say, I LOVE the speed boost thing, and wish JRPGs would use it. Makes the long animations seem less shitty and makes grinding less grindy. 

• Like 1

Beat FF9 last night, rolled over Kraken, Lich, Deathguise, Kuja and Necron. It was less satisfying this time around. Not sure if it's because if this was the second time I beat it or because I was overlevled and didn't really have a challenge?