Movies Edited For Television

TheRyno

Ooooh, episodic censorship has reminded me of the South Park eps i've been watching lately that I taped on MTV. They censor retard when used as a slur (as done in Goobacks) but it remains intact in Up The Down Steroid. Another one is when Cartman calles Kyle a fucking Jew. Fucking is bleeped but Jew is blanked.

Oh, one I just thought of -- for whatever reason, lately Adult Swim has been bleeping "jesus" whenever Farnsworth says "Sweet Zombie Jesus!" so it just comes out "Sweet Zombie _______!" You can still see his lips mouthing the word "Jesus".

Is this an American thing? I hardly ever notice such blatant editing on television.

I mean, the UK occasionally cuts out a bit of violence, (Saw Die Hard II on DVD for the first time the other day, the throat slitting scene is more gruesome than the one I remember from my youth) but I've never heard a swear word replaced as badly as some mentioned here.

Yea, its an American thing. Cuz..you know..seeing someone get shot in a movie on TV is morally outrageous, but reading from the Bible, where people get killed in much more horrific ways, is fine...

i can't wait until The Passion Of Christ premiers on network tv. If they even attempt to air that uncensored, it'll open up a huge can of worms about why thats allowed, but swearing etc..aren't

Comparing it to the Bible is pretty tenuous, I'd be more concerned about the fact that parents are apparently more bothered about the odd swearword than any intrinsic moral framework in these movies.

i can't wait until The Passion Of Christ premiers on network tv. If they even attempt to air that uncensored, it'll open up a huge can of worms about why thats allowed, but swearing etc..aren't

Hey, the Christians want that so you can watch and be amazed by Christ's sacrifice and convert you.

See you Sunday...