*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

What are the guidelines for drawing a distinction between Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor? Both would be fine, but I think Ledger will probably deserve Best Actor for the movie, unless there are strange guidelines like I said.

I believe the guidelines have something to do with screen time, and plot. Christian Bale IS Batman, therefore he's definitley considered a star, and an important part of the plot. Therefore he'd definitely be considered for Best Actor if he were to get nominated, as he's not really "supporting" anybody else who the movie is about. Ledger is in a Batman movie, so he's automatically second bill.

Then why do they still call it Ebert and Roeper? Thats gonna confuse me for a while.

Because Ebert owns the show name. He has taken away the ability for them to use thumbs up and thumbs down, but allows the use of the name. He got really sick and had a bunch of surgeries. I don't think he can talk.

What are the guidelines for drawing a distinction between Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor? Both would be fine, but I think Ledger will probably deserve Best Actor for the movie, unless there are strange guidelines like I said.

Best Actor goes to the main protagonist of the story. It could also depend on screen time, but Marlon Brando had less screentime than Al Pacino in The Godfather and was given Best Actor, and Pacino was nominated for Best Supporting, but the rules may have changed

Whoever drives the action and the audience stays with usually is the main protagonist.

Edited by Universal

Guest Offbeat Bareass

I closed my eyes and hit reply only so I could say that I just got tickets to the 12:01 AM show on Friday morning to see this. I am definitely excited!

:w00t:

FUN FACT: Ebert was born in the same city as I was!

My cousin and I were going to go to a theater downtown to see a midnight showing, but they have sold out already. If we don't get into one of the other theaters I will be a depressed and bitter X.

Edited by The Dark X

I'm really confused as to why my local theater had a midnight showing of Iron Man on Thursday (when it came out on Friday, obviously), but not for the Dark Knight. That just seems really odd to me. The first show is at like 9:30 in the morning.

Oh well, I'll be going at the very last showing that night, around 10:50.

I'm going to see it in just over 24 hours. I can't remember ever being this hyped for a movie.

Edited by ---Ace Andrews---

I'll be calling my local theaters to see how tickets are for any showings of the Dark Knight on Thursday. If the major cinema nearby is doing a prescreening and still has tickets then I'm all over the bitch. Seriously, not enough goes on down here for it all to be sold out, so I'm sure I'll get something, I hope.

If not, that's fine too, but damn if I'm not going to be fighting to get those tickets still anyway :D

The only other movie I've been this hyped for this year was Iron Man, to be honest... seriously, I can't stress it enough: what a year for superhero movies this has been.

I'm really confused as to why my local theater had a midnight showing of Iron Man on Thursday (when it came out on Friday, obviously), but not for the Dark Knight. That just seems really odd to me. The first show is at like 9:30 in the morning.

Oh well, I'll be going at the very last showing that night, around 10:50.

Fuck ya. I went to Indy 4, Superman Returns, and maybe Ironman can't be sure, but I went at "Thursday" at midnight, so for me Wednesday night. I personally haven't been so hyped for a movie in so long that based on the past I expected it to be out Wednesday night... but I got my hopes up, becuase I have to wait until tomorrow. :(

So fuckin' bitter.

In regards to Bale's accent in that interview...

I think I read somewhere that if he's preparing for a role that requires an accent, he adopts the accent full-time to make it more natural.

Edited by Bigal(TM)

:angry:

My friend works at a movie theater. He left an hour or so ago for a special screening of it for employees. Fucking guy.