*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

I loved the Harvey Dent/Two Face character, so if they would bring him back I would be happy. However I don't see him returning for the next movie. From everything I have read, the next duo villians for Batman will be the Riddler(Johnny Deep) and Catman(Angelia). If Dent were to return, I think it would be a cameo, like what we saw in TDK with Scarecrow, with it being a possible tease it for Batman 4. Even at that, I believe the chances are higher you will see someone else return as the Joker, before Harvey Dent returns.

... However Nolan has done an amazing job with the first two, so whatever he does I am sure will be epic.

Last I heard of Angelina, there were rumours of her retiring/taking a long break from acting. Then again, we've heard this countless times before so who knows. Still, i'm fairly certain everything Batman 3 is currently just rumours.

Yes, everything Batman 3 is rumours. The Depp/Angelina rumours were floating about before TDK even came out.

Personally, I would love to see Eckhart/Dent back, but the exec producer on TDK (can't remember the name right now) stated in an interview that Harvey Dent is definitely dead.

He also stated that a 2011 release date is in the works. He also stated that Goyer and The Brothers Nolan have started preliminary work on stories. Other than those things, EVERYTHING ELSE about a third Batman sequel is made up and lies.

Harvey Dent is alive, they are just swerving the internet.

Really though, if they wanted to convince us he is dead, they should have showed him at a funeral at the end during the montage. He just showed his picture, not his body. This is not good enough, especially when the mob boss was thrown from the same height and he just got temporarily hurt. It just does not add up.

Just because someone behind the movies or whatever says Harvey Dent is dead doesn't mean it is true. It's not like they're being put under oath or anything. They're just commenting on the rumors of Dent returning, and for all we know they could be telling us the truth or just bullshitting us to keep us guessing.

Having Dent return and turn out to be alive would totally kill TDK's story. Everything was resolved in the end of that movie, which made it so great. We saw the complete cycle of Dent's character, and I think it was perfect having him die at the end, instead of dragging him on to a third. Also, the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of the movie was that Dent was more important to Gotham than Batman. He took the blame for the deaths to protect Dent's legacy and the arrests he made. Hence "The Dark Knight". If Dent is alive, and is publically revealed to be a bad guy, the second movie would have no purpose.

So yeah, I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, but from the recent ones above, there's my sentiments on Dent returning. I think it would suck.

Harvey Dent needs to stay dead. It principly ruins the entire 2nd movie unless it was done in some brilliant way that I can't think of at the moment. Dent's rise and then fall into darkness was the entire point of the movie. He was the hero that Gotham needed and Batman took the blame to ensure he remained that. Dent surviving and coming back would principly ruin all of that. Plus they have plenty of baddies to choose from for the next movie, there isn't really a need for to bring Eckhart back though he was very good in his performance of Dent.

Harvey Dent needs to stay gone permanently, don't ever come back Harvey but we love ya! :w00t:

I have no doubt that Nolan and co. could come up with a great way to both bring Dent back without 'ruining' The Dark Knight, and do so in a way to make the third movie even better. Something as simple as the third movie being about Gotham against Batman, who takes the fall for Dent to keep Gotham believing in him and to give Gotham someone to go after, but Dent returning to make Gotham feel like they have NOBODY to stand up to crime until Batman puts Dent away for good or something.

I dunno. I would just love to see Dent return and I personally wouldn't throw my arms up in the air in disgust if he were to return. I just want to see what else can be done with the character.