*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

I really think they're missing out on loads of potential if they don't bring in Catwoman.

Said it before, I'll say it again. I totally agree on that. Catwoman is the single most realistic but still totally interesting and engaging enemy/ally Batman has ever had, their relationship is one of the most unique in comicdom and to totally ignore her would be retarded.

See while I read that Nolan was quoted as saying that he was avoiding the Penguin like the plague because he'd be one of the hardest characters to portray realistically.

The odd thing is, I don't think he's unrealistic so much as he is silly, I just cannot take The Penguin seriously no matter who's writing him.

I don't see how The Penguin would be unrealistic at all, in fact he'd be one of the more realistic in the Rogues gallery. The guy doesn't even have any powers, he's just deformed and wants to fit in... plus he's got money. And because he is a social outcast, this steers him towards crime. It's not exactly that hard to think of how it would be pulled off in Nolan's world.

See while I read that Nolan was quoted as saying that he was avoiding the Penguin like the plague because he'd be one of the hardest characters to portray realistically.

The odd thing is, I don't think he's unrealistic so much as he is silly, I just cannot take The Penguin seriously no matter who's writing him.

I think I agree with this. I don't really like the Penguin as a villain though.

Each to their own I guess.

Yeah, this is why I earlier suggested that Penguin just be a backdrop of a character. While, for the sake of the storyline in my head at the moment, we'll say Two Face isn't dead...

Two Face reemerges as the main villain. Harvey Dent already eradicated organized crime from Gotham, but bitter toward Batman and Gotham in general, Two Face opts to breathe life back into it. Knowing full well that Batman is now a fugitive, Dent enlists the aid of Penguin to start up his crime ring, all the while making every possible effort to frame Batman. At the same time, Batman is going to Penguin for information about who is behind it all. Of course, that would leave the inevitable sighting of Batman and Penguin together, thus reassuring the city that Batman was behind everything from the start. Two Face sees that Penguin is betraying him and goes after him as well... blah blah blah. Clusterfuck of a typical super hero storyline.

Yeah, this is why I earlier suggested that Penguin just be a backdrop of a character. While, for the sake of the storyline in my head at the moment, we'll say Two Face isn't dead...

Two Face reemerges as the main villain. Harvey Dent already eradicated organized crime from Gotham, but bitter toward Batman and Gotham in general, Two Face opts to breathe life back into it. Knowing full well that Batman is now a fugitive, Dent enlists the aid of Penguin to start up his crime ring, all the while making every possible effort to frame Batman. At the same time, Batman is going to Penguin for information about who is behind it all. Of course, that would leave the inevitable sighting of Batman and Penguin together, thus reassuring the city that Batman was behind everything from the start. Two Face sees that Penguin is betraying him and goes after him as well... blah blah blah. Clusterfuck of a typical super hero storyline.

You were there well before then :shifty:

After seeing it similarly suggested on the IMDb boards, does anybody else think that Hugh Laurie would be an awesome Riddler?

I don't think it's a horrid idea. Someone mentioned this Guy Pearce thing, I'm tempted to check out some things of his, as I've never heard of him. Anyone with some suggestions as to what would be good watch's of his?

I think The Riddler would be a good choice for the next villain, but then again I don't really want the next film to focus on the villain but more so on Batman himself. I'm hoping it'll be something like Batman is losing it, he's lost the woman he loved and all he's got left is Alfred, being pushed too far, hunted and hated by society starts to drive Batman to be more violent with the Riddler, being the annoying villain he is would be pushing an already on the edge Batman.

...Alright, maybe not quite like that, but something to that effect with the Villain taking a secondary role to Batman/Bruce Wayne.

I know I'm coming into this really really late but my impression from the end of Dark Knight was that Batman would have to get out of the spotlight so to say. Doesn't it only take Bruce to not put on the Batman suit for Batman to disappear? I always saw the next movie being more of a look on Gotham's crime from someone who was helpless to change it.

Like having Bruce see the deterioration of Gotham's crime rate after Dent's death and Joker's influence and he can do nothing but watch and bide his time until something happens where he can't stand by anymore and he goes out as Batman and everyone is against him before he does something heroic and then the crowd loves him at the end of the movie

Thats how I thought the third movie would go

I was at a costume store today, and I saw Joker masks for sale.Masks. I'm not sure what I'm more astounded at, that there are $20 masks for a character anyone can accurately look like with $5 of makeup and, at most, a cheap wig, or that I know there are a lot of people out there actually buying the damn things.

Not really Batman related persay, but I just bought Memento to see this movie/Guy Pearce showing. I also got Almost Famous, love that movie. I wanna see what kinda show this Pearce guy can put on, plus I heard its a great movie.