*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

Guest Coowra

www.whysoserious.com

more advertising secret for the dark knight 2008.

here are the first six passwords

inside joke

jack the ripper

mounteback

crime of passion

74 bars

Vallandigham

Edited by Coowra

For no one interested in playing the game, this is your reward at the end.

Official Dark Knight teaser trailer.

"Starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word."

HAS ANYONE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THE VIRAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN OF THE DARK KNIGHT?!

Today in San Diego there was a huge gathering after www.whysoserious.com gave out coordinates on where to meet. Fans were treated with getting their faces painted like the joker. At 10AM jets flew overheard putting out purple and green smoke, and then spelt out 18003959646 (Call that number!) . Whenever someone bought something at the gathering, they were given change in all one dollar bills, with one of the dollar bills have the eyes burned out, and the smile drawn in in red, with the phrase "WhySoSerious" underneith.

The website featured a bunch of riddles that you had to solve using the phone message.

It now appears its ended because someone has apparently solved it...

The person in the police picture who is the supposed dead Joker is one of the fans they visibly abducted during the gathering today. It had several people actually worried because apparently a black van pulled up, a bunch of guys in clown masks jumped out, grabbed the guy, and sped off.

The marketing campaign is genius.

There's a police report on the death of "the Joker" on the WhySoSerious website now.

Also, there's a small little link to click on to view the teaser for the film. Alfred and Bruce talk, and then you get some Heath Ledger goodness and it made me so happy.

They're doing such a good job with the marketing, that if The Dark Knight doesn't break records when it's released, it will have to have been the shittiest movie since Steel.

As much as I love this marketing, no-one I have ever met here in the UK even has the slightest clue it's happening at all.

The trailer was badass. I honestly can't wait until December now. I'm guessing that's when the first full length trailer will be released?

There's a police report on the death of "the Joker" on the WhySoSerious website now.

Also, there's a small little link to click on to view the teaser for the film. Alfred and Bruce talk, and then you get some Heath Ledger goodness and it made me so happy.

They're doing such a good job with the marketing, that if The Dark Knight doesn't break records when it's released, it will have to have been the shittiest movie since Steel.

The text next to it...

This ***FAKE*** video is by the legendary WormyT, and this is produced with his blessing. Enlarged his original animated GIF, added the 'widescreen' black bars to preserve aspect ratio, and the music is from the Begins soundtrack. No, this is not 'real - the legendary WormyT did all the edits - Ledger as the Joker, Eckhart as Dent, Maggie Gylenhal as Rachel Dawes, the newspaper, the logo, et cetera. (more) (less)

This is all so amazing.

I'm so happy they hired this company to handle the viral marketing, its wonderful

Edited by Maxx