*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

Guest Coowra

As much as I love this marketing, no-one I have ever met here in the UK even has the slightest clue it's happening at all.

The trailer was badass. I honestly can't wait until December now. I'm guessing that's when the first full length trailer will be released?

Oh my. That was quite perturbed... The phone number...

I like it.

Should have had Joker's laugh at the end instead of "Goodbye". Shot, then laugh, then busy tone. Still great though.

I can't wait until next year to watch this. Should be top notch.

'tis an entirely different beast we're dealing with here, though. This is The Joker as he should be...goddamn demented.

Is it wrong that I'm rooting for Joker to either eek out a victory or die in the most brutal way possible? Like, Red Hood style ass-kicking?

It's not wrong at all. In fact, I think they'd be stupid to kill off The Joker in this franchise. Sure, there's a crapload of other villains that could be used for future movies... but if Heath Ledger is willing to reprise his role, even in a smaller dose, why not let The Joker be one of the very few recurring Comic Book Movie foils?

With Ra's Al Ghul in the first movie, killing him wasn't a huge deal for me, as I'm not a Ra's fan really... but The Joker, demented and sadistic, is one of my favorite villains, and he's synonymous with Batman. He should be "available" for all future Bat-films, regardless of whether or not they intend to use him again.

If they kill Joker I'll be VERY surprised, if Lex Luthor can survive a shedload of movies, The Joker should be able to survive forever, the fact that Bats doesn't kill is the KEY to him not becoming what he fights, everybody knows that, The Joker can go to Arkham and live out his days, he's a character with such history and capabilities in every sense that it would be criminal to kill him off in this franchise unless you were ending the entire series.

It's not wrong at all. In fact, I think they'd be stupid to kill off The Joker in this franchise. Sure, there's a crapload of other villains that could be used for future movies... but if Heath Ledger is willing to reprise his role, even in a smaller dose, why not let The Joker be one of the very few recurring Comic Book Movie foils?

With Ra's Al Ghul in the first movie, killing him wasn't a huge deal for me, as I'm not a Ra's fan really... but The Joker, demented and sadistic, is one of my favorite villains, and he's synonymous with Batman. He should be "available" for all future Bat-films, regardless of whether or not they intend to use him again.

Of course, there's always the omnipresent "creative license" where they can seemingly kill off a character, only to have them reappear due to some cockamamie set of circumstances.

That said, I think it was necessary for Ducard to bite the dust in the first one, as it further developed both Batman and Bruce Wayne. With Joker, it's a different villain in a totally different league than Ra (to mainstream fans, that is.) Thus I think either Joker surviving or just going down in the most sadistic, mind-bending way possible would both be acceptable.

My only concern about this film is how they go about establishing Joker as a threat. With RAG and Scarecrow, it was the tried-and-true "find out secret identity of hero/attack home" strategy. It seems we're going the kidnapping route in this one, but we'll see. As long as Joker does something a bit different than what Ra/Crow went for, I'll be fine.

If they kill Joker I'll be VERY surprised, if Lex Luthor can survive a shedload of movies, The Joker should be able to survive forever, the fact that Bats doesn't kill is the KEY to him not becoming what he fights, everybody knows that, The Joker can go to Arkham and live out his days, he's a character with such history and capabilities in every sense that it would be criminal to kill him off in this franchise unless you were ending the entire series.

See, I would love for final film to be The Dark Knight Returns, with the death of The Joker being the same as in that, where Bats still can't kill him, so he cripples him, but Joker, always being the bastard he is, wants to torment Bats by doing what he could never do and kills himself, leaving Bats in the shit as cops arrive.

--EDIT: I just pissed myself off, now I want to read TDKR but I didn't bring it with me to my sisters <_>

Edited by Benji

Yeah, but that worked in the comics because of the history between the two characters. In terms of the movies, this will be the first time in this continuity that Batman and the Joker are meeting.

The Joker would have to survive this film, and then be the main villain in at least one other film before I could honestly believe Batman would have such disdain for him that he would be capable of crippling him.

That said, it would make a hell of a visual to have Christian Bale demolishing The Joker, only to stop because he can't kill him, and then have Ledger deliver a one or two minute bit about how similar they are, and then kill himself just before the pigs show up...all of whom, except Gordon, would assume that Bats killed his nemesis.

Edited by Sterling Gabe Keenan

I have to say, after watching that trailer, that I cant wait for this movie now. I liked Batman Begins, and Ledger as the Joker just seems awesome.

Yeah, but that worked in the comics because of the history between the two characters. In terms of the movies, this will be the first time in this continuity that Batman and the Joker are meeting.

That's why I said the final film, they won't stop at a trilogy with this thing, I can guarantee that now.

The Joker would have to survive this film, and then be the main villain in at least one other film before I could honestly believe Batman would have such disdain for him that he would be capable of crippling him.

That said, it would make a hell of a visual to have Christian Bale demolishing The Joker, only to stop because he can't kill him, and then have Ledger deliver a one or two minute bit about how similar they are, and then kill himself just before the pigs show up...all of whom, except Gordon, would assume that Bats killed his nemesis.

To me, that depends on just what Joker does in this movie. Surely there are some acts that could absolutely make Wayne batty (couldn't resist) and lead to that specific encounter. Part of me thinks that it could very well be revealing that Joker was somehow involved in the killing of Wayne's parents, but I on the same hand, I don't think Nolan will take that easy route.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if they opted for that ending for TDK, though, as it sets up another movie perfectly.

To me, that depends on just what Joker does in this movie. Surely there are some acts that could absolutely make Wayne batty (couldn't resist) and lead to that specific encounter. Part of me thinks that it could very well be revealing that Joker was somehow involved in the killing of Wayne's parents, but I on the same hand, I don't think Nolan will take that easy route.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if they opted for that ending for TDK, though, as it sets up another movie perfectly.