*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

With Ra's Al Ghul in the first movie, killing him wasn't a huge deal for me, as I'm not a Ra's fan really... but The Joker, demented and sadistic, is one of my favorite villains, and he's synonymous with Batman. He should be "available" for all future Bat-films, regardless of whether or not they intend to use him again.

I would like to see Joker hang around throughout the series. Maybe get thrown into Arkham at the end of this one and serve a Hannibal Lecter-esque role for the sequel before finally escaping and being the villain once again in the next.

With Ra's Al Ghul in the first movie, killing him wasn't a huge deal for me, as I'm not a Ra's fan really... but The Joker, demented and sadistic, is one of my favorite villains, and he's synonymous with Batman. He should be "available" for all future Bat-films, regardless of whether or not they intend to use him again.

But see that's the thing, we didn't see Ra's body. And considering his character in the comics, all they would have to do is think of a somewhat realistic way to do the Lazarus Pits.

And with that also, it would be an easy way to bring in Talia, which would be interesting on numerous levels at that.

Now that said, Ra's story was finished pretty much. Aside from re-hashing something it would be the same thing, but of course that's why they could tweak things to make them work. More Liam Neeson in my movies is a good thing.

There is no way they'll bring him back IMO, they're going for a real Batman, you won't see 'comic book death' or near death but surviving much later on in these films without foreshadowing within the same film.

I HATE it when the villian in a comic book movie is killed off. So, since Joker is perhaps my favourite villian ever (maybe barring Two Face), if they kill him off at the end of DK I will be pissed.

However, Batman Begins is one of my favourite films, and Nolan is one of my favourite directors, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and I think the Joker's fate is in safe hands.

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet but apparently Joker will be around still after this film.

Christian Bale noted as signaling, "This take on Batman of mine and Chris' is very different from any of the others."[32] Christopher Nolan described the sequel's theme as escalation, continuing how Batman Begins ended, with "things having to get worse before they get better."[28] The director indicated that the film will continue the themes of Batman Begins such as justice vs. revenge and Bruce Wayne's father issues,[33] while Jonathan Nolan indicated that the film will show more of Batman as a detective.[34] Bale described Batman's dilemma as whether "[his crusade is] something that has an end? Can he quit and have an ordinary life? The kind of manic intensity someone has to have to maintain the passion and the anger that they felt as a child, takes an effort after awhile, to keep doing that. At some point, you have to exorcise your demons."[35]

In a June 2005 interview with Premiere magazine, screenwriter David S. Goyer said that in The Dark Knight, Harvey Dent would help Batman and policeman James Gordon bring down the Joker, whose presence was hinted at the end of Batman Begins. Goyer went on to say that in the third film, the Joker would go on trial and scar Dent in the process.[3].
Edited by seriouseffect

That's actually been pretty well known by most for a few months now if memory serves me right. As well as rumors of that plot device months before even that. Either way, I personally will look forward to it as it'll keep the Joker around & possibly if done right, give each movie the same theme yet not be repetitive. (Have the third revolve around the fore mentioned spoiler involving the Joker until at least the half way point and you could do some thing special with it.)

Shmeh! They should have cast Vincent Cassel as the joker. Christian Bale and Cassel are my two favourite actors. It would have owned.

But no...we get Brokeback Joker!

Too bad Vincent Cassel is French douchebag right?

I could've sworn at one point that was apart of their plan to (to at least reference him once or twice every movie). Which I personally loved too as he is one third of my favorite trio of Batman villians (Joker, Two-Face, and Scarecrow). Though, unfortunately, it looks like that plan has been derailed. Sucks, it would've made the movies all the more richer to have Scarecrow and Joker constantly popping up as reoccuring characters each movie (at least in form of cameos or at most as the actual main villian).

Begins had Carmine Falcone, Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul (Ken Watanabe and Liam Neeson, however you take the story). With Joe Chill also in it in a prominent role (not that he particularly counts) along with a cameo by Zsasz.

Nolan proved he can handle numerous characters, especially in the interconnected world he's creating in these movies.

Also, who is to say that it is the Riddler in this movie? It may very well just be Edward Nygma pre-transformation (sort to speak), much like Harvey's cameo in DK. Which if that is the case, it will make me enjoy Nolan's Batman franchise all the more than I already did. (Planting the seeds for not one, but two villians as well as one returning briefly and obviously the arrival of the Joker.)

I swear, I at times think Nolan must have sold his soul or some thing to get what looks like possibly the best comic book movie franchise (in terms of cast and writing) ever seen so far. At this rate, he could easily dethrone the two many believe to be the best so far (Spiderman and X-Men).