*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

The picture doesn't currently seem to be functioning. :crying:

I never really liked Jack Nicholson's depiction of the Joker. It just never sat right with me. I think he would've made a better Riddler. I'd really like to see The Ventriloquist in the movies, not as a major role, but something brief.

Edited by seriouseffect

joker_darknight.jpg

Its a photoshopped picture of Conrad Veidt from The Man Who Laughs, the film that directly inspired the look of the joker, hence why it works so absolutely wonderfully.

One of my favorite depictions of The Joker ever

Those pictures of Joker look pretty sexy. This movie is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated for me in my entire life. The first one was huge, but I was unsure still about what to expect. Now that I know what to expect, seeing these pictures and having some of my small fears put to rest... this looks amazing.

• 2 months later...

More promotion for The Dark Knight over at www.whysoserious.com For the past few weeks its been a pumpkin(the pumpkin from The Long Halloween) that slowly rotted away on one side.

Now its a multi-city scavenger hunt that's going to reveal something, hopefully a picture of Two-Face.

Click on the letters and if the clues are in any of your cities, go out and take a picture!

I swear, if a movie ever delivers this kind of amazing viral marketing again, I'll be surprised, this is the best ad campaign since the phrase "All Roads Lead To Rome". It's geeky enough for comic fans to love and publicised well enough that even casual fans and just movie fans to enjoy and participate in.

Also, The Joker looks very aged and time worn, is that just me? Think it's intentional and they're going to do a bit of a skip in the timeline?

Edited by AC/Benji

I swear, if a movie ever delivers this kind of amazing viral marketing again, I'll be surprised, this is the best ad campaign since the phrase "All Roads Lead To Rome". It's geeky enough for comic fans to love and publicised well enough that even casual fans and just movie fans to enjoy and participate in.

Also, The Joker looks very aged and time worn, is that just me? Think it's intentional and they're going to do a bit of a skip in the timeline?

• 4 weeks later...

I love that.

I'm getting annoyed that alot of Batman fans don't like how Ledger looks as Joker, but I think its absolutely perfect for the tone and realistic feel of the movie. A Jack Nicholson style Joker just wouldn't fit at all in this movie, but Ledger's fits perfectly and looks properly demented.

Yet another picture...

My only problem with the way he looks is the smudged black parts mixed into the white make up. I don't like that. I have no problem if it occurs after some punching (a la smudging) or what not, but it seems like it's deliberate. I get the whole gritty thing but at least make the white, white.

Otherwise I can't wait to see this movie.

Well, from the pics I've collected earlier this summer, prior to them being pulled and all, there's scenes of his fight with batman starting, and the makeup is much brighter and well placed, so I'm assuming the mixing of the colors occurs after a fight

I love this, I've seen one picture of him where I immediately looked and thought, well thats Heath Ledger. In everything else he looks completely different.