*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

I agree. If it is Nygma, then I believe and hope that it will be nothing more than a little cameo, setting up his character so that we'll have another villain down the line. Hell, people went apeshit for Doc Connors in the first Spiderman because his presence meant the possibility of the Lizard later on. I can see this being the same sort of thing. Imagine if Nygma could actually play a role in the story, then you have not only a cameo, but another integrated part of Nolan's Gotham, which could eventually become one of the best movie "worlds."

I wouldn't call Harvey Dent's appearence in DK a cameo, he's a fairly major player in it. Should be similar to his role in The Long Halloween.

Whoever made the incredibly tired "brokeback joker" crack is a moron. Ledger is an excellent actor and from all the reports, is doing an amazing job with The Joker. I expect him to far out do Jack Nicholson's portrayal.

Agreed, Ledger has been in loads of other stuff that has shown his acting range. Honestly, some people need to get over Brokeback Mountain, the rest of the world has. And as much as I enjoyed Jack's portrayal, I have to agree that I have a feeling Ledger will out do the performance. Simply because he won't be trying to compete with Jack's manner by the sounds of it, but rather going the other route with the character. (While Jack at times played the Joker dark, he was a much more cartoony and slap-stick version of the character. Where as Ledger's version appears to be a much more darker and demented Joker than ever seen on the big screen.)

Seriously, I was just kidding around. Sorry for it come out that way. I'm sure he will do a good job, BTW has anyone got any pictures of him in the role? I mean is he classic joker, or is he something sort of new...like Scarecrow?

Well, Anthony Michael Hall was said to be sharing a number of scenes with Morgan Freeman, so my guess is he'll be some hot high-tech wizkid in this movie and Riddler down the road.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but is there a chance of Harley Quinn being in the movie?

And even though I never cared for Batman Begins, I'm still anticipating this movie cause of my love for The Joker.

I'd like it if they forshadowed Harley Quinn in this movie, after Joker gets admitted to Arkham, as Dr Quinzell, his psichoanalist. It would be another 'building block' in this latest Batman Universe.

I like how this adaptation is building up, and hopefully if they continue we can see many members of the 'Bat Family' featured. I'd love to see a six movie-long series, there are certainly enough stories to tell, and we could see Bale mature from the 'Year One' era Batman (as he kinda is now) into the more modern version of the Dark Knight.

I presume we'll see Robin at some point, hopefully more as a teen, as opposed to the more grown-up Dick Grayson featured in the previous films. It would be cool to have him in a third film, but not as Robin, just after he's taken in by Bruce, like in the 'Long Halloween.'

I'd also like to see Catwoman. She's always interested me as a character, especially in the 'Hush' storyline when Bruce takes her in to the 'inner-circle' of the Bat-Family. It'd be cool to see her in a cameo, popping up now and then in different movies.

Personally I liked seeing Jim Gordon play an important role in the first one. I'd love to see more of him, maybe with the addition of Bullock and Montoya in the next few.

Similarly Barbera Gordon. Less so as Bat-Girl, but her role as Oracle has always been an important like in Batman's information chain.

Robin comes into play in Dark Victory, follow up to The Long Halloween and even there it seems a little rushed. There is no need for Robin. We got 2 batman only fims out of the last batch, and only one of those was any good. Its Batman, not Batman and Robin and it doesn't have to be, been there, done that, it sucked.

Personally, on the topic of Harley, I'd save her introduction until the third movie of this new Batman franchise. It would be great to see foreshadowing with her reviewing Joker and talking with him as apart of his court trial. Eventually leading to either him ending up at the asylum where she works (and the two get even closer after inkling of some thing in the third movie) or she is the one that helps him escape during the trial. Either way, it would help keep the Joker character fresh if he's in it for the long haul (which he thankfully looks like he is) and would be brilliant to see the Joker/Harley relationship on the big screen.

Some spy magazine reported about two months ago that Sarah Michele Gellar auditioned for a role in The Dark knight that was unknown. Another issue claimed that she was not contracted to the movie, and had filmed some scenes. Not being in contract with the film essentially would allow the movie to not have to name her as being a part of the movie. Many believed that she may be playing the role of Harley Quinn.

There's a lot of female characters they could use though keep in mind. With Harley Quinn only being introduced like 15 years ago it's not like she's "essential". Catwoman, however, is essential at some point in this franchise.

As for Robin. He will not appear in the films because as has been stated, this franchise is about a young Batman in his early days fighting crime in Gotham City.

Yeah, Nolan has stated that while he's directing, there'll be no Robin, as Dick Grayson is basically in short pants at this point. It's basically revisiting Year One anyway, and IIRC Robin wasn't introduced until way after even Year Two and Year Three, continuity-speaking.

Poison Ivy needs to make an appearance at some point, but I could live my life without seeing the Penguin again.

Yeah, Nolan has stated that while he's directing, there'll be no Robin, as Dick Grayson is basically in short pants at this point. It's basically revisiting Year One anyway, and IIRC Robin wasn't introduced until way after even Year Two and Year Three, continuity-speaking.

Poison Ivy needs to make an appearance at some point, but I could live my life without seeing the Penguin again.

Well then you'll be happy to know Nolan announced a while back Penguin won't make an appearance as he is not an 'unrealistic character' for the types of film he and Bale are making.

I took a sigh of relief when I read that a while back, simply because the only time the Penguin's made much sense (or use) was when he was a weapons dealer to the other baddies. Sure there have been a few exceptions to that, but the character doesn't translate well to other media forms of Batman (as seen in every series done of Batman and Batman Returns). He is one of the few remaining elements of campy style that still remains in the Batman universe to this day. Much like Robin, if I never see him in another movie it'll be too soon for my taste.

There's a lot of female characters they could use though keep in mind. With Harley Quinn only being introduced like 15 years ago it's not like she's "essential". Catwoman, however, is essential at some point in this franchise.

In terms of impact on the Batman character Catwomen is behind Joker and Two Face.

She's way more important in the Bat universe than Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Killer Croc and certainly The Penguin. Riddler? Ha he was a joke until they finally got around to retooling him during Hush, and who was right there as a huge part in the Hush series? Catwoman.

She's been there for all sorts of major Bat Universe events. There's a reason that in Hush and The Long Halloween she's got a feature role and guys like Scarecrow and The Riddler play the roles of lackys

You consider Killer Croc as more essential to Batman than Selena Kyle? Wha? He's a good character and all, but Catwoman has more importance to the Batman mythos (to both Bruce and Batman) along with being, well, extraordinarily popular.

Sarah Michelle Gellar can do the bouncy perky nutjob role well if she tries. So I could easily see her introduced briefly as Harley near the end of the movie. Maybe as a quick thing once Joker's in Arkham and have him introduced to his new psychiatrist. I doubt seriously if she could pull off either Ivy or Catwoman. And at that, Ivy is a bit out there (as is Croc unless they heavily modify both to be 'realistic').

And I think as an aside, an allusion really, they could just have the Flying Graysons mentions over the radio as coming to town or something. As more background clatter. Or have Gordon's daughter tug at his leg asking if he can take her or something briefly. Nothing special, but would set things up for anyone when Nolan is done with the movies.