*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

So I watched Memento, here's a couple thoughts. For one, I want to make sure I got the jist of the movie right, I was good until the end when things got whacky, and my DVD player gets shit after it's been running for a while and stutters and pauses and shit, it's fucking horrible, so here's what I gathered:

So really, the whole movie he was being set up. Killing Teddy was a mistake as he was really a friend in some respect. He had already killed the real murderer before, and Teddy was using him to give him somethign to live for and benefit off him, correct? Also, the thing with his wife (great little cameo from CSI girl Jorja Fox, or role what have you), what the fuck with the insulin? So his story about Sammy Jankis was his story? Was there a Sammy Perkis and a whole insulin situation? I'm confused because he tells the story as part of his life before the brain disorder, so why would he have it confused with his own life if he can recall everything before the night of the attack? That's really what got me. It was that scene where he just kills that guy and Teddy shows up revealing all this I got a bit confused, so do I got it right?

Other then my slight confusion though, fan-fucking-tastic movie. I love movies such as this, thinkers, mysteries, etc.. I knew it'd be good because Chris Nolan is a great director and writer, but I was thoroughly impressed. It was a thriller, it was smart, well directed, genius and even funny when it needed to be. I loved such parts as (Pearce) "It can't be mine, I'm assuming they don't let guys like me carry these around...(walks off)" (Teddy)"I fucking hope not..." Or when he finds out who he think John G is and he just looks at the picture, "I found you, you're fucking dead now" Great movie overall, and great showing by Pearce.

I'm convinced now too more then ever that Pearce should be given the role of the Riddler (if there is one) and if they're smart and wait to reprise the Joker in a fourth installment, that job should be left to Depp. I think he could handle giving some honor to Heath's role rather then making a better off Riddler. I think Pearce could do that just fine. Plus it will stay somewhat in the mindset of using lesser known actors to shine on a big stage and awe us all. Plus I think Depp overall would be better suited to play the Joker.

That was my thoughts, now I'm gonna go watch Almost Famous and take another crack at Memento once I find a DVD player that isn't total shit.

If you were here quick enough you'd know why I edited. :shifty:

Edited by Mike Ockizitchy

Yes I must also praise LA Confidential. I was trying to think of the name of that movie but it slipped my mind. Really good movie, excellent cast, and Pearce is so good in it, even when onscreen with some of the best actors of the last ten years. Rent that movie!

Yes I must also praise LA Confidential. I was trying to think of the name of that movie but it slipped my mind. Really good movie, excellent cast, and Pearce is so good in it, even when onscreen with some of the best actors of the last ten years. Rent that movie!

Undoubtedly the greatest movie of 1997 and got robbed out of the Oscar due to the big boat movie. LA Confidential is one of my all-time favorite movies and criminally underrated... fuck renting it, buy that sumbitch! You can find it anywhere for less than $10.

Undoubtedly the greatest movie of 1997 and got robbed out of the Oscar due to the big boat movie. LA Confidential is one of my all-time favorite movies and criminally underrated... fuck renting it, buy that sumbitch! You can find it anywhere for less than $10.

I didn't realize that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's masterpiece Overboard won any Oscars.

I try to explain this to a bunch of people, yet they fail to see how it deserved it more than Shit Son, We Gon' Sink.

Uhm, dident it win a cupple?

Is the hype over yet?

Can we all admit that Batman Returns was a superior movie, Heath Ledger was a superior Joker, and Bale's Batman voice is annoying?

Michael Keaton always and forever.

Absolutely not ever, Yes of course and meh, I don't mind it.

I dont mind the batman voice Bale uses. At least it is doing something to try and differentiate the voices instead of having Batman and Bruce Wayne use the same voice without anyone ever noticing.

Bale's Batman voice isn't really annoying, it's amusing more than anything. I still prefer Bale to Keaton and all the others who have played Batman.

I also prefer Bale to Keaton. I prefer Dark Knight to Returns and I prefer Heath Ledger as the Joker.

However I can't stand the little Batbike escape pod thing from Dark Knight. It was a bit gay, especially how he rode it up the wall to turn around.

Ugh, I'm sorry to all you Keaton fans but I just cannot take him seriously as Bruce Wayne. I loved the movie as a kid but as I look back on it, though I love Keaton's acting skills... he just doesn't sell me on the Bruce Wayne character, I don't think it fits him at all. Christian Bale, to me, is a thousand times better then any past actor who has played Bruce Wayne. He has the look, he fits the role, it just works for me.

Yeah that part threw me off a bit. I actually remember someone behind me in the theatre going "whhaatttt?!?!" when that happened. It DID look a bit hokey.

All I heard in the cinema when that happened were mutters of "Awesome" and "that was cool". I don't see why Batman couldn't have a bike that did that. The bike had it's front wheel almost totally detached from the rest of the bike and Batman would have to do is rear back and twist his weight, landing the other way.

Totally plausible event right there.