*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

One question: is the supposed pic of Two-Face that's been around for a bit, with him looking more or less similar to Darkman on the disfigured side, legit?

Yes. But if you are referring to the makeup rendering CGI picture, it looks MUCH better in the movie than on the test shot that first circulated.

The Dark Knight - 10/10

Movie of the year. 10/10. A+. You pick a way to say it and I'll agree. This was perfection. I absolutely LOVED Iron Man, I really really really enjoyed The Hulk. I liked Indy IV a lot. The Dark Knight is so far beyond any of them that it's hard to believe.

In the Memento thread I talked about how great a director Nolan is, but he far surpassed any of his previous films here. Bale was once again spot on. Eckhart was brilliant. Gyllenhall actually made Rachel a likeable character after I hated her as played by Katie Holmes. Gary Oldman took the brilliance he showed at Gordon in Batman Begins and went on another level of awesomeness. And last but certainly not least, Heath Ledger deserves a nomination and a win come next march and The Oscars because he was great in ways I could not believe. The Joker is now his role, and I am so saddened all over again that he passed because he can't bask in his own greatness and get the credit he so richly deserves.

Nothing will top this film this year. Nothing will probably top this film next year (Although based on the trailer Watchmen is really going to fucking try).

Finally, I was shocked at the deaths of Rachel and Harvey. I almost half expected The Joker to die, but I never thought either of those characters would be the ones to go. With Rachel it made perfect sense and took both Bruce and Harvey to the places the characters needed to go, but Harvey almost seemed lik a waste to die so soon.

Oh and the cameo by Cillian Murphey as The Scarecrow was great also. I always wondered if they would ever come back to him, and I was oh so pleasantly surprised to see they had seeing as I figured that would have leaked. Still, it was good to see him back, albeit so briefly.

The one question I have now is who do they use for the third film? I know originally the plan was for The Joker to be in the second and third movies, but I think Ledger's death probably altered that. In this much more realistic super hero universe Nolan and David Goyer have created I don't see The Penguin or The Riddler as really fitting in, and fter the disastrous Halle Berry Catwoman that character might be too toxic still to use. I do wonder.

I am going to see it again on Monday, and now I can't wait for that almost as much as I couldn't wait for tonight.

As if I needed to say it....

Overall The Dark Knight Grade A+

Fuck guys... I didn't think it was possible, but just skimming this last page, and seeing posts by guys whose opinions I respect (I skimmed so as to avoid any possible major spoiler. I saw you guys put them in boxes, but you never know. It's SO fucking tempting to open those boxes too, but I shall not!) rate this movie so highly... I'm fucking hyped. I try not to buy into the hype, because I find I enjoy movies more when I just try and enjoy it, but fuck man...

I'm going to take my brother to see it sometime today... fuck... I wish I could go pick up my check from work now and just go see it... fucking 2:30 am... its like the first day of school or something :P

Just got back from an IMAX screening. By far the best superhero movie ever made. Also one of the best movies about morality I think ever made as well. I'll be seeing this a few more times in the theater. Everything was just fucking perfect.

Except....

Please tell me Dent is still alive. I liked the ending a lot and it really summed up the picture as a whole I feel. However, there is still so much more that can be done with the Dent vs Batman/Wayne foundation laid here.

As much as I loved the ending, I feel that if they killed off Dent then they've blown it big time.

I hope beyond anything that they are keeping him locked away, maybe in Arkham, and in the third movie he somehow escapes.

But like I said, the movie itself was so far and beyond what Nolan could have gotten away with as a sequel. Ledger deserves the Supporting Actor award for making probably the scariest villain since Hannibal Lecter. When he was on screen I was scared of what he would do next and when he was off the screen, I was scared of when he'd show up. His "magic trick" at the beginning made sure you were aware that at any given time this guy could just explode with violence.

See this movie as soon as possible.

Edited by Snow White and the 7Ups

Amazing, simply amazing. I really can't add on to what's been said already, but definitely gotta hand it to Ledger who made me cringe a few times, and no villain has done that in movies for quite some time. For example:

Besides the obvious "magic trick", the video he made with the large guy in the batman suit was SO intense, I didn't even feel like I was watching a movie, but rather like I was standing right there in front of the TV screen. Stunning acting.

The rest of the cast was excellent as well, but Heath really was a treat and a cringe-worthy good time every time I saw it. I plan on watching it again this weekend because it was so great, just a fantastic movie all around.

GO SEE IT ASAP!

As i said above, i had a ticket for 1PM, but i exchanged it for 6AM. Can't wait. My friends on my film shoot didn't want to wait so i exchanged my ticket. I am seeing it at the world famous Cinerama Dome in Hollywood as well, which is a huge plus.

Can't wait.

Spot on with everything said. I'm by no means a fanboy of Batman, or Ledger or anything but sweet fancy moses that was the best performance of a character I have ever seen. I can't even put into words how awesome that was. This wasn't a case of a guy just playing a role, it's as if The Joker was always in Ledger and it was almost destinty that this magnificent performance would be his final project. I was hanging on every word he said and I truly did not want the movie to end.

If not for Heath Ledger, I'd be all about Aaron Eckhardt for getting the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. I love how they incorporated the coin flipping early into the story as almost an after thought. I loved the swerve on how his face became disfigured and love the new backstory for him actually becoming Two-Face. Rather than the old version of him just blaming Batman for his face disfiguration, here he had a legitimate reason to turn from Gotham's White Knight to a deranged murderer. Still would have preferred Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent, though. :lol:

If I were at the helm of the franchise, I'd end here with possibility the greatest movie ever. We don't need a Godfather, Part III or Rocky V situation here. It's been said, Heath Ledger is now The Joker. Batman ultimately needs The Joker and no one should ever fill those shoes again.

So sequel discussion:

I'm pretty sure it was intended that both Joker and Dent were to be locked up in Arkham. With, obviously, Ledger dead I don't see them making another person try and fail at filling his shoes. Batman and Gordon can work to rehabilitate Dent, and he can then escape. The Riddler's got to be the next villain they introduce, and I'm hoping they have him ascend to the top of the criminal world in a manner similar to how he did in Hush. I pretty much called this movie, with Joker creating Two-Face towards the end and then both of them running wild. It was the only way you could do it, Two-Face is not a Joker stand-in, his character is largely about being Harvey Dent. I do think he'll be back, I hope he'll be back. There will definitely be one more movie, I'm not sure how good it will be, but they have to have a movie where Batman at least battles Gotham itself as was alluded at the end. Could you imagine if a supervillain were able to control both the police and the gangs? That's where I see this headed with The Riddler... just read Hush to understand.

EDIT - There also remains the possibility of Black Mask coming in too, maybe even playing this role I wrote up for the The Riddler. After all, Black Mask in the comics is closely liked to the criminal underworld.

Edited by damshow

I'm going to make a ruling I hope we can all abide by. Seeing as next week sees the film releasd in other parts of the world, please continue to refrain from discussing spoilers outside the spoiler tags in this thread. Let's just be kind to those that can't see it yet, okay?

Thanks.

I hate all you fuckers who have already seen this and will see it again several times over before it's even released here.

Every one of you.

Teej...

Cillian Murphy's cameo WAS leaked ages ago. You were lucky enough to miss out on it cause it was truly a surprise. The news came out during filming when they were talking about "gangs in a parking garage" and spotting Murphy with the Scarecrow mask.

Also, I really don't think Harvey Dent is dead. Sure he may have a suit that can withstand a lot, but still, if Batman survived that fall I'm sure Dent could as well, but maybe with some injuries. I'm willing to bet he's just locked up in Arkham.

So...I had tickets to see this last night at midnight with my girlfriend. They're both still sitting in my wallet. She dislocated her knee on Tuesday while she was in Destin. She wanted me to still go by myself, but I refused because I promised to see it with her first. I already felt bad that we had to skip out on Indiana Jones at midnight because of miscommunication. We would have gone, but I knew the theater would be too full for her to have room to put her leg up and be comfortable. That, and the runtime for this movie is INSANE and I'm pretty sure she can't sit that long without hurting her leg.

We'll see it soon, I'm sure.

In the meantime, glad to hear it's as good as I had hoped and not just overhyped to hell.

So, what are the odds of the Academy breaking with tradition/rules and awarding Ledger a Best Actor nom (award?) instead of Best Supporting Actor? I know the guidelines are a little weird, but they've been broken in the past, right?

I am in no way the biggest Batman fan here, but even I had to grab a ticket to the midnight showing last night. Albeit, I went by myself and felt like a twit watching it alone, but I didn't even give a shit after watching that.

I must say that Heath Ledger's performance was absolutely stunning and to think that we won't see him playing the Joker again makes me a sad panda. The part with the fat Batman was amazing as well too. I loved that to hell as well as Rachel getting killed too.