Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£15m for Johnson of City should have been enough.

Boro wanted £13m for Woodgate. Anelka was available at a costly £37m. ;X

I was once quoted £44m for Corluka. I politely declined.

Got him for £23m six months later.

Edited by IW \(^o^)/ P

Now that I've got some money and some spare time, I'm considering getting this. Is it better enough than '07 to be worth buying for a casual "play it when I'm bored" player?

And more importantly, have they fixed the issue with tiny clubs that reach the Premiership still having tiny transfer/wage budgets despite rolling in cash? And is it now harder to get successive promotions with a mediocre team that shouldn't have any business finishing in the top half? :shifty:

I'm rather angry. 2nd season as Arsenal, i'm 1-0 down away to Fulham and there's 4 mins of injury time to go. Desperate, i throw on Bendtner so i have 3 strikers up front with Van Persie and Pandev. I also put my Mentality onto All Out Attack. Bendtner scores within 45 seconds! I punch the air and celebrate a comeback! Straight from the Fulham restart, with 32 secs of injury time left, Dempsey chips Akinfeev from the half way line. The prick was standing 30 yards out!!!!!

On another note, how the fuck do you keep Pandev's morale up?? His form is so up and down. Sometimes he scores 3-4 games in a row, other times he can go 8-9 games without a goal! His morale for nearly all his first season was Poor to Very Poor. It goes up a bit more now but still goes down to Poor or worse regularly for weeks at a time! I've tried telling him i have faith in his abilities, and praising him when he gets a few goals or good match ratings but nothing seems to work!

Just finished my first season as the mighty Derby County.

13th place in the premiership (not bad i thought, considering I bought nobody in, and had to sell David Jones, who was my best player at the time).

Anyway, the board loved it, and gave me a £15m transfer fund for my second year.

I've bought in Denilson from Arsenal, George Boateng from Middlesbrough and Nicky Butt from Newcastle.

I now have a solid midfield, but to cater for all my guys (I've had Giles Barnes turn into a world class midfield maestro worth about £10m) I've had to change to a fancy 4-5-1 formation, so that's gonna take some playing around with to get my tactics right. Also, leaving Earnshaw upfront on his own isn't working out too well so far.

I'm currently sitting in mid table after 7 games of my second year, just waiting for the transfer winow to open now so I can bring in some defenders.

I got thrashed 4-0 by Villa, so I decided on a bit of a rethink.

Changed back to a more familiar 4-4-2 (but with 3 in the middle, no wingers, and Giles Barnes playing just behind the 2 strikers). Also put Miller back up front with Earnshaw.

Beat Portsmouth 2-0, Earnshaw bagged 'em both. He's an animal.

Edited by Laid_To_Waste

I've just started a game as Newcastle, inspired by their general crapness in real life. I signed Trochowski for 6.5m and pulled off a minor miracle in bringing in Barzagli when he turned down Real Madrid & Arsenal to join me for 11.75m.

Before the second game of the season against Man City I lost both Owen and Viduka for long spells so I bought in Francesco Flachi on a free transfer little did I know see he was serving a global ban for cocaine and match fixing :shifty: so I'm stuck with Ameobi as back-up to Martins and Alan Smith.