Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I indeed took Charlton to the Premiership, then I quit before Christmas. :shifty: It was that bad, the team had no clue. I ended up trying to save Crystal Palace from becoming a League One team, and I was doing well - despite the team not scoring.

Then I resigned and took the Bologna job. I am Italian, in le game, and it's helping my tan. Shame the team can't score.

I signed Ronaldinho for £26m. Yay me. I'm signing Gallas. Yay me again.

Paul Butler of Sunderland got player of the year, with Emerson Thome of Sunderland coming in second.

Franny Jeffers was young player of the year, beating out Bramble to the title.

So I'm selling Emerson to Tottenham for £6.25m at the end of the season. Can anyone suggest a good DM? I dunno how much playing they'll get, but with Donato and Jokanovic getting on a bit (and the latter counting to more foreign player count) I dunno if they'll be really the sort of players I want. So maybe like a decent back up DM?

Seems like they have put in features for regens that they couldn't put in for real players due to legal reason, one of my youth players missed training because he was in a night club the night before, and another got banned for drug use! First saw this in 2011 hence me thinking it's only for regens, looking forward to getting more like these as I get further into the damn game

So I cranked up 01/02 and had a nice cheat season. I made myself a team in the Welsh league and gave them a great reputation and a bunch of money. Wales is good caus you can get the Champions League easily and if you do this in England the board expects you to win EVERYTHING since you've just spent a bomb building a team.

Speaking of which:

GK: Dionisis Chiotis/Michelangelo Rampulla

DR: Steven Reid/Jon Inge Hoiland/David Prutton

DL: David Livermore/Steven Reid

DC: Tommy Jónsson

DC: Ledley King ©

DMC: David Prutton/J'Loyd Samuel

MC: Kim Kallstrom

MC: Abgar Barsom/Leke Odunsi

MC: Stefan Selakovic (38 games, 26 goals, 18 assists, 14 motm average rating 8.94. It was over 9 for a long time but he got injured near the end of the season and he dipped a little)

FC: Tó Madeira (42 games, 53 goals, 10 assists, 11 motm, average rating 8.74)

FC: Tomas Rosenqvist/Dean Ashton/Bobby Zamora

Welsh League, League Cup and Cup won. Bring on the Champions League!

P34 W30 D1 L3 F125 A28 P91

Out in round 3 qualifiers of Champs League. Won 2-0 at home to Celta Vigo but lost 5-0 away. :(

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

I need to get my 01-02 back. I'm sure I left it at my auntie's or something.

In the meantime, Ultimate Soccer Manager 98 will have to suffice.

I lost my copy years ago and I have no idea how :(

Tried downloading it but it won't work. Best game ever. Got through like ten seasons with Barca, just skipping all the matches :shifty:

And Kou thinks his injuries are bad...

vs147b.jpg

I like how injuries endured through laughing at Spurs require more recovery time than AIDS.

That's not just aids...that's SUPER aids.