Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loaded all leagues from the UK (And Ireland) and started as Vauxhall. Board wanted to battle bravely against relegation (media prediction of 21st). Brought in a couple of loans from my parent club Tranmere and an Irish goalkeeper (Robbie Bryne) since the one Vauxhall keeper and the loanee I had from Rochdale are both kack. Managed to stay up in 19th, I was 17th with three games left having gone 9 points clear of the drop, but lost two and drew one of my last three games.

The entire team was carried by my best striker Paul Taylor who scored 35 goals in 45 games, with next highest scorer getting 8. I've just turned down a £50,000 bid from Linfield for him, I'm looking for £100,000 for him, however the problem is I only get 15% of any transfers fees so if I get £100K for him I only get £15,000 to spend.

Just finished the season and looking to do some cleaning out of some of the rubbish.

Wen the gound is not expanded becaus of a strong oposition - does it mean that the statium never can get bigger?

I think so. If you have the money I believe you can move to a brand new stadium.

I´ed asume that the 20 Million my team has will not be enough. >_>

Wen the gound is not expanded becaus of a strong oposition - does it mean that the statium never can get bigger?

I think so. If you have the money I believe you can move to a brand new stadium.

I´ed asume that the 20 Million my team has will not be enough. >_>

Sometimes you take out a loan of a few hundred million. Teams like Arsenal start with a loan of 200+million.

Edited by TheArsenal

5th Generation Gaming are pleased to announce the opening of 5gg Football Manager. This site is a dedicated site for the Sports Interactive Football Manager games, and brings to you exclusive articles, guides, downloads and so much more. As the site has only just opened, there is not much content, however with the soon release of Football Manager Live and 2009, this will steadily grow.

The link to the site is below:

www.footballmanager.5thgenerationgaming.com

Please be aware that the 5gg Football Manager site requires you to register if you wish to upload files for download, and re register on the fm sites forums, as the bridge for the site to forums is still in a beta stage and as of yet will not link up members to their site user details.

For those of you who have or will register(ed) on both, and wish to upload, please be aware there is a limit of 10mb per file. If you wish to upload a file larger than 10mb, please use a site such as filefront, and submit an upload, however instead of browsing for a file, paste the link in the box below. When you have successfully uploaded a file, don't forget to create a forum topic so people can discuss the download.

Overall we hope you enjoy the site and contribute to us, whilst making us grow. Don't forget to let your friends know about us smile.gif

The 5th Generation Gaming Team

14. Just because there is no advertising forum doesn't mean you can just post a topic plugging your site wherever you want. This means you cannot advertise except for a link in your sig. If people abuse this privelege it will be removed.

:shifty:

You might have considered a topic of its own rather than latch onto another one. After all, you had one for the wrestling game.

Whilst i'm here, I also had an invite to the Beta of FMLive but missed out on a spot caus I didn't see the email for 2 hours. Boourns.

Edited by King eLLis

RIP 'Cream', my epic FM game. :(

I'd played it so much my addictedness level was 'It's my life and I'll do what I want with it'.

I was playing it last night quite late, and my Windows Update kept prompting me to restart. I kept clicking it off, but FM makes my computer go really slow when it's saving and I never saw the countdown timer (five minutes it gives to respond before automatically shutting down), so it shut down mid-save and now it won't load properly.

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT AND YOU STUPID UPDATE SYSTEM.

On the up-side, I was getting arsefucked in the Ukraine league as Kryvbas, always having better posession, usually more shots as well, but less goals. So many games lost in the last five minutes of play. Playing as Albania sucks as well.

Time to start a new game...someone help me come up with a lovable multi-meaning name for my new game like Cream.

RIP 'Cream', my epic FM game. :(

I'd played it so much my addictedness level was 'It's my life and I'll do what I want with it'.

I was playing it last night quite late, and my Windows Update kept prompting me to restart. I kept clicking it off, but FM makes my computer go really slow when it's saving and I never saw the countdown timer (five minutes it gives to respond before automatically shutting down), so it shut down mid-save and now it won't load properly.

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT AND YOU STUPID UPDATE SYSTEM.

On the up-side, I was getting arsefucked in the Ukraine league as Kryvbas, always having better posession, usually more shots as well, but less goals. So many games lost in the last five minutes of play. Playing as Albania sucks as well.

Time to start a new game...someone help me come up with a lovable multi-meaning name for my new game like Cream.

And thats why you set your preferences as '3 file rolling save', then you get 2 backups.

Also, as someone who's owned every CM/FM since CM2, FML just sounds like a big pile o' shit, but then that might just be my blind hatred of MMO games.

They finaly did it. They anounced to install 15.776 Seats in the Stadium (and i HOPE this issent just replacing the non seated places -.-)

It will take 10 Month and i´ll have to play in some 3ed league stadium (space for 8000 peps)......... right after qualifieing for the Champions League for the first time...............

And i fucking HATE my Chairman!

HATE HATE HATE

You got these players that have a shitload of potential and you set them to reject all offers. So That fucking Ideot overrulls you on the worst bid that comes in, but all the others still get rejected. WHY?!?!?!?! -.- Not to mention that anyone with a brain would know that he´ed be worth 3-4 times as much in a year or two......

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

14. Just because there is no advertising forum doesn't mean you can just post a topic plugging your site wherever you want. This means you cannot advertise except for a link in your sig. If people abuse this privelege it will be removed.

:shifty:

You might have considered a topic of its own rather than latch onto another one. After all, you had one for the wrestling game.

Whilst i'm here, I also had an invite to the Beta of FMLive but missed out on a spot caus I didn't see the email for 2 hours. Boourns.

You are right, sorry about that, now in my sig

As for FML, being a beta tester is really nothing special, the other testers are hardly ever on meaning you have to play against the ai again anyway. It will be so much better when it is released.

Right this is how i've gone so far in my game with Villa, went on holiday just come back so here's the two friendlies i've done and the signings i've secured

Aston Villa 1-0 Walsall- Right i didn't really care about this match and do my normal pre-season tinkering with my strongest starting XI starting first half just told them to relax enjoy run out, Brought all the subs on and forgot to do team talk for them. Routledge scored in the 2nd half

Barcelona 4-4 Aston Villa- Really happy with this result considering i had again my strongest XI start first with Carew getting a hattrick 1st half and an Abidal own goal i was 4-1 up at half time. Arshavin made his debut 2nd half didn't really do anything. Good result

Transfers:

In

Andrei Arshavin- £9.25 Mil

Jake Thomson- £525k

I'm looking for a goalkeeper and a right back still what with Mellberg leaving the club and only having Sorenson and Taylor.

Play Inter Milan next so hopefully i can get a good result

Started a new Arsenal game the other day, now just starting my 2nd season after winning the Premier League on the last day from Man Utd.

Something that made me chuckle just now, signed Micah Richards for £22.5m in pre-season, and now the board have boosted my transfer kitty by....£22.5m. So essentially i got Micah Richards on a free transfer!!! Nice!

Drew 2-2 with Inter Milan so again i'm happy with the result.

Still trying to find a Goalkeeper after having bids put in for youngsters end up with them not wanting to join the almighty villa park the fudgers... Trying to put in a last ditch bid for Akinfeev hopefully he might join.

Signed Di Silvestri from Lazio for 3.5 mil and doing a swap deal with Lazio and it all comes down to whether i can get a work permit for Ledsema. Salifou is all set to join Lazio so COME ON HOME OFFICE!!!! LET LEDESMA JOIN!!!!

Here are my opening five fixtures in the Premier League:

Portsmouth- Away

Liverpool- Away

Blackburn- Home

Wigan- Home (TV)

Newcastle- Home

I'm expecting to beat Wigan and Blackburn and should beat Portsmouth. I should also get a point against Newcastle it'll be a tough game and traveling to Anfield will be tough too

Drew 2-2 with Inter Milan so again i'm happy with the result.

Still trying to find a Goalkeeper after having bids put in for youngsters end up with them not wanting to join the almighty villa park the fudgers... Trying to put in a last ditch bid for Akinfeev hopefully he might join.

Signed Di Silvestri from Lazio for 3.5 mil and doing a swap deal with Lazio and it all comes down to whether i can get a work permit for Ledsema. Salifou is all set to join Lazio so COME ON HOME OFFICE!!!! LET LEDESMA JOIN!!!!

Here are my opening five fixtures in the Premier League:

Portsmouth- Away

Liverpool- Away

Blackburn- Home

Wigan- Home (TV)

Newcastle- Home

I'm expecting to beat Wigan and Blackburn and should beat Portsmouth. I should also get a point against Newcastle it'll be a tough game and traveling to Anfield will be tough too

I know ive mentioned him already, but Diego Cavalieri is one of the most reliable keepers you can get. He is Brazillian and Italian so no need for a WPM either

I signed young german keeper from Schalke who is supposed to be promising in the game: Manuel Neuer

So far after 3 games it's looked like this:

Beat Portsmouth 1-0 (Fortunate to win, Abonglahor got the winner. Lost Carew to injury)

Beat Liverpool 4-2 (Fantastic performances with Arshavin, Harewood, Petrov and Abonglahor scoring)

Lost to Blackburn 2-1 (Really should of been a draw but two quick fire goals from Blackburn in 48 and 50th minute killed the game off, Lost Reo Coker to injury at Half Time might not be fit for Wigan game)

Trying to sign Van Der Vaart but i might be tempted to try and sign either another Striker to go with Carew, Arshavin and Abonglahor up front...But i think a quality Winger is needed

I signed young german keeper from Schalke who is supposed to be promising in the game: Manuel Neuer

So far after 3 games it's looked like this:

Beat Portsmouth 1-0 (Fortunate to win, Abonglahor got the winner. Lost Carew to injury)

Beat Liverpool 4-2 (Fantastic performances with Arshavin, Harewood, Petrov and Abonglahor scoring)

Lost to Blackburn 2-1 (Really should of been a draw but two quick fire goals from Blackburn in 48 and 50th minute killed the game off, Lost Reo Coker to injury at Half Time might not be fit for Wigan game)

Trying to sign Van Der Vaart but i might be tempted to try and sign either another Striker to go with Carew, Arshavin and Abonglahor up front...But i think a quality Winger is needed

Angel Di Maria from Benfica

You bastard!!!!!

Was playing Wigan my 4th game of the season and i won 3-0...but there was a cost as Andrei Arshavin broke his foot and is out for 4 mnths?!!!!!

Atleast Van Der Vaart might be coming so that is lucky.

Put in a bid for Luka Modric to try and add more depth, Zak Knight is set to move to Middlesborough for £7.5mil which in turn will help fund the Luka Modric transfer.

Signed a few promising youngsters so hopefully i can train them up into future stars.

Edit:

This official, Signed Van Der Vaart for £13.75mil so i'm happy that i've managed to sign him before the deadline and the fans are really happy with this deal.

Edited by davidmarrio