The songs you're most addicted to right now

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

We all like listing our own tastes so why not annouce which five, or half dozen or so songs you can't stop listening to at the moment...

For myself:

"Peggy Sussed" by Underworld http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=huGpfoKkgBM

"What Else Is There" by Royksopp http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WOt15JsLloU

"Heartbeats" by The Knife http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZatCZ1YWQeI

"Neighbourhood #1" by Arcade Fire http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hh45-yBMXY - I'm such a sucker for Arcade Fire these days. A couple of my mates used to be in a six piece folk funk band, while the drummer, bassist and guitarist remained constant the other each played half a dozen instruments and sung, alternating between instruments and roles within the band each song - similar to AF and Sigur Ros in ways. Love bigger groups.

"Dayvan Cowboy" by Boards of Canada http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A2zKARkpDW4

"District Sleeps Alone Tonight" by The Postal Service http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BL5lrusu7Yc

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roots - Here I Come.

I always loved this song, and then hearing it in Superbad the other week makes me love it even more.

Vampire chicks suck blood, dusk til dawnin', trying to catch me sleepin', i ain't yawnin, they in the VIP, at the garden, they gone jump me when I stop performin, I got somethin' for them, behind the organ, I always roll deep with my squadron!

"Killing in the Name of" - Rage Against the Machine

"Comfort Eagle" - Cake

"Idioteque" - Radiohead

"Chimbly Sweep" - The Decemberists

"Wicked Game" - Chris Issak (Seriously, I'm fairly pathetic when it comes to this song. I dunno why.)

"Cities On Fire" - Reuben

"We Can be Best Friends Tonight, But Tomorrow I'll Be..." - Tokyo Rose

"Werewolf" - Every Time I Die

"Bunk Sunk Trunk" - Be Your Own Pet

"Ghost In The Arcade" - Idlewild

"Save Your Scissors" - City And Color

"I'm a Realist" - The Cribs

"Not The Sun" - Brand New

Edited by Turbonegro

30 Seconds To Mars - "The Kill"

Alter Bridge - "Shed My Skin" (I used to listen to this along with others on the ODR album, but only got properly into it when I turned it on again for the first time in months a week or two ago)

Alter Bridge - "Before Tomorrow Comes" (Off their upcoming album...Heard it Friday, had it practically on repeat since :P)

Started dipping into a lot of metal again, thanks in large part to the two best metal CDs of the year: The Dethalbum & The Last Kind Words.

Beastie Boys - 14th St. Break

--This album has become one of my favorite of the year, rather unexpectedly. If anyone doubts the musical abilities of the three Beasties, pick up their two instrumental albums.

Dethklok - Birthday Deathday

--Second best metal album of the year, behind...

Devildriver - Head On To Heartache (Let Them Rot) & Not All Who Wander Are Lost

--...this album. Devildriver's progressed to point of being arguably the second best American metal band behind Lamb of God (all things considered.)

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

--This band is incapable of making a bad album. It's criminal that they are not the biggest rock band in America right now.

They Might Be Giants - How Can I Sing Like A Girl?, I Should Be Allowed To Think, & She's An Angel

--Because it's TMBG, and they don't get nearly the amount of love they should. They're not just what you heard on that episode of Tiny Toon Adventures, y'know =P

Type O Negative - Blood And Fire

--The masters of mainstream doom, but this and "Dead Again" are two great examples of how good they can be when they speed things up.

Yoko Kanno - Inner Universe

--It's still a genre I have yet to dive into, but man the melody and music to this song just gets your attention and sweeps you away.

Edited by ____

"Because, It's Midnite" - Limozeen

"Pain For Pleasure" - Sum 41

"Peephole" - System Of A Down

"Untitled (I Must Be Dreaming)" - Evanescence

"

" - Voltaire

The Limozeen one is the only one that can't be played straight away. You need to click "Hear The Original" of Because, It's Midnite.

Lately it's been the following;

Scott Walker - "Patriot (A Single)"

Just unbelievably cool. Miles ahead of the majority of contemporary music, just existing completely outside the field of popular music, and damn beautiful too. Can't get enough of it.

Orange Juice - "Consolation Prize"

I used to listen to the album "Rip It Up" a lot while working in a record shop, but never paid too much attention to anything other than the title track, but this one caught my attention lately, and it's brilliant. "So frightfully camp it made me laugh" smacks of Morrissey, the whole "I'll be your consolation prize" is the kind of love song feeling I adore, and the end refrain of "I know I'll never be man enough for you" is sung almost with pride, which is marvelous.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - "Dead Flag Blues"

One of my favourite songs ever, and one I don't think I will ever tire of. I used to chiefly only concern myself with the monologue at the start, and tune out towards the end, but the final section is utterly beautiful too. It's just all so textured, there's stuff in there you can't hear without cranking the volume RIGHT up on surround sound, and it all makes it so complete.

Kate Nash - "Foundations"

Only one of her songs I've heard. I can imagine an entire album getting irritating, but this is quaint enough.

Kelis & Cee-Lo - "Lil Star"

It's pretty, shut up!

The Walker Brothers - "The Electrician"

Brilliance. Starts off a little corny, but as soon as the vocals come in it's utterly brilliant, and so left-field compared to their usual material; the "if I jerk the handle you'll die in your dreams" line is absolutely sublime.

30 Seconds To Mars - "The Kill"

Alter Bridge - "Shed My Skin" (I used to listen to this along with others on the ODR album, but only got properly into it when I turned it on again for the first time in months a week or two ago)

Alter Bridge - "Before Tomorrow Comes" (Off their upcoming album...Heard it Friday, had it practically on repeat since :P)

Alter Bridge & 30 Second to mars :wub:

Here's my current top five:

Moby - Extreme Ways (Bourne's Ultimatum) - I watched the third Bourne film at the cinema last week and have been listening to this song ever since, Moby has some brilliant songs but I think this tops all of them.

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild - The Madden series of games always has a great soundtrack and this is currently my favourite song featured on the 08 game.

Foo Fighters - The Pretender - I'm not a huge Foo Fighters fan, but this song is just awesome. Perhaps my favourite of 2007.

Eve to Adam - No Regret - I heard this one put to some NFL highlights and it's been a regular on my iTunes since.

Fiction Plane - Left Side of the Brain - Not just the song, but the whole album. I heard them support The Police in Birmingham and they were great so I got the latest album and have been playing it constantly, fantastic album.

"Monkey gone to Heaven" - The Pixies

"Video killed the radio star" - The Pixies

"Hey there Delilah" - Plain White T's

"Friend of a friend" - Foo Fighters

"Best of you" - Foo Fighters

"My hero" - Foo Fighters

"Cheer Up Boys (Your make up is running)" - Foo Fighters

"The Pretender" - Foo Fighters

"Good vibrations" - Beach Boys

"A boy named Sue" - Johnny Cash

"I walk the line" - Johnny Cash

"On a Plain" - Nirvana

"Come Undone" - Robbie Williams

"The angry mob" - Kaiser Chiefs

Probably some more, but those have been the main ones these last couple of days.