Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread

abundant

I used the shin shot because it's the professional and therefore SAS thing to do - gotta get the hostage out of the way and safe!

Also, in real life shooting the hostage in the leg first wouldn't be unheard of. Them slumping downwards and the sound of gunfire would pull them down, free of the hijacker's grip.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played this game for the first time today. Just got a PS3, this was our first purchase. I think we made the right choice. I haven't been this impressed with a game since Goldeneye, and I haven't even played online yet. Can't wait

Online's growing on me immensely. I HAVE come across someone that WOULDN'T die, despite me unloading more than a clip into their crouching frame before they turned and killed me with one burst....Apart from that usual online suspiciousness it's loadsa fun though I can't wait to unlock more match options as I'm bored with straight solo and team deathmatches.

Ending spoilers of doom:

So, um, capping the bald guy was good...but why in blazes did I find myself in an airplane saving a VIP post-credits? And was I supposed to go all gung-ho and cap the final hostage holder in the head with one shot, or was I right in being a chicken-shit and shooting him in the shin first so the hostage got out of the way and I could cap him good?

Played this game for the first time today. Just got a PS3, this was our first purchase. I think we made the right choice. I haven't been this impressed with a game since Goldeneye, and I haven't even played online yet. Can't wait

Online's growing on me immensely. I HAVE come across someone that WOULDN'T die, despite me unloading more than a clip into their crouching frame before they turned and killed me with one burst....Apart from that usual online suspiciousness it's loadsa fun though I can't wait to unlock more match options as I'm bored with straight solo and team deathmatches.

Ending spoilers of doom:

So, um, capping the bald guy was good...but why in blazes did I find myself in an airplane saving a VIP post-credits? And was I supposed to go all gung-ho and cap the final hostage holder in the head with one shot, or was I right in being a chicken-shit and shooting him in the shin first so the hostage got out of the way and I could cap him good?

I guess it's a bonus stage to show that Soap managed to survive his ordeal in Russia. Try doing it on Veteran, it's crazy -- you pretty much have to flashbang-gun-run through the entire stage in about a minute, AND you have to headshot the terrorist at the end. On the plus side, you get a nifty achievement for doing so.

As far as I'm aware, it's not actually Soap though. I think it was cleared up a bit back in some interview.

I haven't played this game single player. It's definately a lot of fun multi-player split screen though.

It's really not my type of game (I'm yet to notch up double figures in either team or solo deathmatches >_>) although I'd really like to get half decent at this sort of thing.

My best online so far is 8 kills, 1 death.

I generally snipe or provide cover for the more experienced players while getting to grips with the maps, the feel etc.

For that reason I've got what is probably a bit of a falsely complimentary kill/death ratio which is around 1.2 or 1.3 or something if not more.

I generally snipe or provide cover for the more experienced players while getting to grips with the maps, the feel etc.

For that reason I've got what is probably a bit of a falsely complimentary kill/death ratio which is around 1.2 or 1.3 or something if not more.

Whereas I run around like a chicken with its head cut off, spraying bullets at anything that moves. My K:D ratio is atrocious but I only play objective stuff like HQ and Domination so I'm in the top few in points because I'm all over that shit.

Here we see a problem for parents.

The game is rated 17+, but hey, let the 14 year old play, all the shooters are rated 17+. :rolleyes:

And Thatz, I don't use Martyrdom's perk, but I do the manual Martyrdom: if I'm losing a firefight or about to make a kamikaze charge into the capture area, I pull the pin on the grenade and head in. They see it drop and think they've got the full five seconds to clear the area. THEY THINK WRONG.

So my new high is 8 kills in one game. I am improving steadily as I have learned a few things.

First of all, this is the first First-Person shooter I have played online since I played Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear on the PC back in like 1997, so things you all may know already, I'm just grasping. But for Call of Duty, I would constantly get killed because I had a hard time distinguishing who was on my team and who wasn't. I'd see someone, but try to tell who's side they were on before pulling the trigger. Now I know that if the person I see doesn't have a name over their head, or if its red, then it's the other team. So I have been able to get a lot more kills (well, 8 but its more than 0) here recently.

Here we see a problem for parents.

The game is rated 17+, but hey, let the 14 year old play, all the shooters are rated 17+. :rolleyes:

I laughed at Mult-EYE player. Reminded me of Boston Goals from Soccer AM/the Budweiser footy commercials.

Anyways, parents should be able to make their own decisions. It's fairly obvious from the box what the game is about.

Also, judging by this and her other videos. She is absolutely shite at reading scripts/prompters.