Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

I've had the game since January, and I think I might've played 10 matches in all that time. I really enjoy just watching things go down, it's fantastic for when you're bored.

I finally got it on Monday, one day before my birthday, 4 or 5 hours before the ludicrous rib injury I picked up playing footie, meaning I spent most of my birthday watching crap and playing a mixture of Portal and Fire Pro. I'm quite enjoying its little quirks and neat little touches like the voice stuff. And I've spend my Pro Evo style several hours correcting names because I can't be doing with buying fancy stuff to do it for me...

Made Austin as a sample edit just because theres not much easier than a bald man in black pants. Definitely going to take some time to get used to it though.

Oh, fuck you, Akira Taue. I just did three matches against him - the first as Sting. Difficulty set on 4, and I'm throwing Taue around the ring like a ragdoll. Take him out of the ring (no countouts/DQs) and throw him around more.. then I roll him into the ring and one Chichibu Cement later Sting is down for the count. Second match as Bret Hart, more ragdolling of Taue and then out of nowhere Taue gets a second wind, hits I Am Taue and it's over.

Third time, Terry Funk vs. Akira Taue. More ragdoll treatment of Taue, and the match ends in the least climactic way ever - I reversed a vertical suplex, pinned him and won in less than 10:00.

So I finally hooked up my PS2 to my new flat-screen and it has caused some unintentional hilarity. Since a lot of HDTVs create a slight audio/visual delay, I have to completely re-learn how to play Fire Pro because the timing is now just a split second different. Good times.

I actually just got done losing in a tornado 8 man tag, the edit of myself and my best friend were teaming with AmDrag and Spanky and we got completely DESTROYED by Karl Gotch, Lou Thez, Rikidozan, and Jumbo Tsruta. They didn't even lose a man.

And what's everyone's shortest match win or loss? I once beat someone in like 5 minutes. But my worse, I lost to Karl Gotch in 36 seconds. We circled, locked up, I won with a punch and I think that pissed him off. I went for a running move, he reversed into a drop toe hold, stood above me, and then locked in a crossface chickenwing and BAM! Critical move and I died in only 36 seconds...

Mine was in the S-1 rules match, which admittedly does sometimes have quicker finishes.

Takada vs some other bloke, circled around for a little bit, and then the first shot I hit him with, a roundhouse kick to the head criticaled him in about 20 seconds.

Edited by rvdwannabe

I think my quickest was against Nakajima, playing as Nakamura. The match went just under 2:00 and I criticaled Nakajima with the Shining Triangle. Was fun.

Also, Akira Taue is ALWAYS A BITCH. Holy crap. The only person I've defeated Taue with is Terry Funk - everyone else eventually falls to I Am Taue. I played a match last night as Spanky vs. Taue and it was a back and forth match that saw them fairly evenly matched, around the 13:00 mark I superkicked Taue, pin, only get a two count. So I rolled out of the ring to catch my breath but Taue followed me out, so we fought on the outside for a bit and it was obvious that Taue was winded. Rolled back in the ring, went for an enziguri and Taue blocks, picks me up and delivers the I Am Taue for the 3 count.

I WILL beat him again..

I had a pretty sweet match yesterday, where I was Norton, Dibiase, Gordy and Steve Williams vs Misawa, Chono, Muto and Taue.

Elimination, best two out of three.

The first match went 40 odd minutes, with Norton and Dibiase falling, leaving me with 2 against 4, but Gordy criticalled Misawa with a powerbomb on the outside, and I eventually won with Williams and Gordy still in tact.

The second match lasted about 7 minutes, and saw all 4 of my men submit to the Chono STF.

The final deciding fall lasted about 7 minutes also, where the Japs all fell to Dibiase sleeperholds.

My recommendations for using against Taue:

Fujinami

Hashimoto

Kojima

Kawada

Misawa is also a good option, since he has striking criticals. (Which is actually bs if you ask me, since they based that on ONE freakin' match.....)

So, here's a list of surprises that occur in the Match Maker mode. Spoilered for length and because some people may want to find them out on their own.

THREE MUSKETEERS REVIVAL ?

Promotion: No Restriction

Masahiro Chono, Keiji Muto & Shinya Hashimoto vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada & Kenta Kobashi

CHOTEN REVIVAL ?

Book a tag match with Masahiro Chono and Hiroyoshi Tenzan together.

TENKOJI REVIVAL

Book a tag match with Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima together.

MASK CTU MATCH PARTICIPATION

Promotion: New Japan

Book an eight-man tag team match with Jushin Thunder Liger, Minoru, Gedo and Jado. They will instead appear as the masked "CTU-L", "CTU-T", "CTU-G" and "CTU-J".

TOP 4

Book a match involving Masahiro Chono, Keiji Muto, Mitsuharu Misawa and Shinya Hashimoto.

OLD DRAGON AND TIGER

Book a match between Tatsumi Fujinami and Mitsuharu Misawa.

THE CHALLENGE OF THE NEW DRAGON

Promotion: ?

Book a match between Hiroshi Tanahashi and Satoshi Kojima, EXCEPT on the final card of Match Make's season.

DOUBLE MAIN

Book a match between Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima. However, the match cannot be the main event.

CELEBRATE AFTER 20th ANNIVERSARY

Book a match between Riki Choshu and Masahiro Chono. However Shinya Hashimoto and Genichiro Tenryu cannot participate on the show.

SECOND SHOOTING REVENGE

Book an SWA Rules match between Yuji Nagata and Emelianenko Fedor.

TELEPHONE FROM GRAPPLE KING

Book a normal singles match between Yuji Nagata and Tsuyoshi Kosaka.

THE HAND OF GOD, AGAIN

On the final show of the Match Make Season, book Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi. According to the game, Antonio Inoki will appear, and change the match to Shinsuke Nakamura and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Kazuyuki Fujita and Kendo KaShin.

ALL JAPAN OLD AND NEW CONFRONTATION

Promotion: All Japan

Book a match between Keiji Muto, Satoshi Kojima and Tomoaki Honma vs. Genichiro Tenryu, Masanobu Fuchi and Toshiaki Kawada.

THINGS LEFT BEHIND IN YOUTH

Book a tag match between Satoshi Kojima and Kaz Hayashi vs. Genichiro Tenryu and Masanobu Fuchi.

FIRST BATT REVIVAL

Book any eight man tag with Keiji Muto, Jinsei Shinzaki, Taiyo Kea and Don Frye.

BIG-FOUR REVIVAL

Book a match involving Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada, Kenta Kobashi and Akira Taue.

HOLY DEMON ARMY REVIVAL

Book a tag match with Toshiaki Kawada and Akira Taue.

THIS TIME, AS ACE

Book a singles main event between Satoshi Kojima and Toshiaki Kawada.

TUMERIC STORM REVIVAL

Book a tag match involving Tomoaki Honma and Kazushi Miyamoto. Their opponents will change to Kendo KaShin and Lion Maru (Yuji Nagata)

A LION AIMING FOR THE TREASURE

Book a tag match between Tomoaki Honma and Kazushi Miyamoto vs. Kendo KaShin and Yuji Nagata. Nagata will be taken out and "replaced" with Lion Maru.

END OF THE DREAM

Book a singles match between Keiji Muto and Mitsuharu Misawa.

THE LAST WALL

On the final card of the year, book Satoshi Kojima vs. Kensuke Sasaki in a large building(?). Depending on who wins, you get a different ending.

If Kojima wins, you get the following message: "Kojima exceeds the big wall of Kensuke Sasaki finally! The fans in the hall roar with applause! However, it isn't the end. Kojima now serves as the wall for other wrestlers!"

If Sasaki wins, you get the following message: "Kensuke Sasaki stands as a wall, and keeps Kojima from winning again! Although the fans are dissapointed, they believe one day Kojima will finally lead a succession and defeat Sasaki!"

If the match is a draw, you get the following message: "The match becomes a draw, unfortunately... The fans react with complicated expressions..."

PHANTOM DOUBLE CROWN

Promotion: NOAH

Book a tag match with Mitsuharu Misawa & Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA.

KENTA EIGHTH MATCH

Relive the eighth and final match of KENTA's trial series by booking a singles match between KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji.

OLD AND NEW DANGEROUS K

Book a singles match between Toshiaki Kawada and KENTA.

NO FEAR REVIVAL

Book a tag match with Yoshihiro Takayama and Takao Omori.

WILD II REVIVAL

Book a tag match with Takeshi Rikio and Takeshi Morishima.

ETERNAL RIVAL STORY

Book a singles match between Kenta Kobashi and Jun Akiyama.

OLD AND NEW MR. PURORESU CONFRONTATION

Book a match between "Mr. Puroresu" Genichiro Tenryu and "Shin Mr. Puroresu" Kenta Kobashi

SUMO RING SPIRIT

Book a match between Takeshi Rikio and Genichiro Tenryu.

ROAD TO ULTIMATE ACE

On the final NOAH show of the season, book a singles match in a large venue between Takeshi Rikio and Yoshihiro Takayama. After the match, you receive a special message, depending on what the result is.

PAGE 171

Promotion: ZERO1-MAX

Book a handicap match with Shinjiro Otani vs. Kintaro Kanemura & Tetsuhiro Kuroda. The match will be turned into Satoshi Kojima, Ikuto Hidaka & Shinjiro Otani vs. Kintaro Kanemura, Tetsuhiro Kuroda, Masato Tanaka & Yoshihito Sasaki.

EMBLEM REVIVAL

Promotion: No Restriction.

Book a tag match between Shinjiro Otani and Masato Tanaka.

DESTRUCTION AND CREATION

Book a singles match between Shinya Hashimoto and Shinjiro Otani.

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR

Book a singles match between MIKAMI and Naohiro Hoshikawa.

STANDARD BEARER FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

Promotion: ZERO1-MAX

On the last show of the season, book a singles match between Takao Omori and Kohei Sato in a large arena. After the match, you receive a special message, depending on what the result is.

KAIENTAI DX REVIVAL

Promotion: Michinoku Pro-Wrestling

Book an eight-man tag with Dick Togo, MEN'S Teioh, TAKA Michinoku and Kaz Hayashi. Their opponents will automatically become Jinsei Shinzaki, GAINA, Kusen Numajiro and Shinjitsu Nohashi.

SASUKE-GUMI REVIVAL

Book a tag match between The Great Sasuke and Masao Orihara.

Jr. UNIFICATION MATCH

Book a singles match between TAKA Michinoku and Tigermask IV.

SAILOR BOYS REVIVAL

Book a six-man tag with Taiji Ishimori, Kei Sato & Shu Sato.

MASKED VOLCANO

Book Kensuke Sasaki, and he will be removed and replaced with his alter-ego, "Masked Volcano".

GRUDGE OF THE SNOW FALL

Book a singles match between Super Defin and The Great Sasuke.

THE GRUDGE OF H&D

Book a tag match between Minoru Fujita & Ikuto Hidaka vs. The Great Sasuke & Dick Togo.

INTRODUCTION TO THE FUTURE

Book a singles match between Hayato Fujita Jr. and Shanao in a large arena. After the match, you receive a special message, depending on what the result is.

CRAZY MAX REVIVAL

Book an eight-man tag with CIMA, SUWA, Don Fujii and TARU.

AAGAN IISOU REVIVAL

Book a six-man tag involving Shuji Kondo, 'brother' YASSHI and Touru Owashi.

ITALIAN COLLECTION REVIVAL

Book a six-man tag with Milano Collection AT, Masato Yoshino & Anthony W. Mori.

AMERICAN RE-BIRTH

Promotion: DRAGON GATE

Book a tag match involving Michael Iwasa & Daniel Mishima. If the opponent's rank and charisma is higher, Kensuke Sasaki will be added to the match.

BLOOD LIMIT

Book a singles match between CIMA and Shingo Takagi.

TRUE MOCHIZUKI

Book a singles match between Masaaki Mochizuki and Susumu Yokosuka.

DOOR OF COURAGE

Book a six-man tag involving Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi, Naruki Doi, Danial Mishima, Masato Yoshino and K-ness.

EVERY DAY PRO-WRESTLING

Book a tag involving TARU, Kenichiro Arai, Ryo Saito, Anthony W. Mori. The match will be changed to a six-man tag.

ULTIMATE GATE

Book a singles match between CIMA and Magnum TOKYO in a large venue. After the match, you receive a special message, depending on what the result is.

MEMORY OF THE BELT

Promotion: Big Japan

Book a normal match between Ryuji Ito and Kintaro Kanemura. The match will be changed to a barbed wire death match.

BECOME THE BOSS MONKEY

Book a singles match between Ryuji Ito and Jun Kasai.

DEATH MATCH DECLARATION

Book a singles match between Daisuke Sekimoto and Mad Man Pondo.

NEW GENERATION ACE STRUGGLE

Book a death match between Ryuji Ito and Daisuke Sekimoto. After the match, you receive a special message, depending on what the result is.

GOLD IS NOT ENOUGH

Promotion: DDT

Book a match using Sanshiro Takagi. If a wrestler's rank and charisma is lower than Takagi's a tag match is made, with Takagi appearing with his whole body painted in gold.

CAMOFLAGE FESTIVAL

Promotion: DDT

Book Shoichi Ichiyama and Sanshiro Takagi in a tag match against DDT affiliated wrestlers. All of the wrestlers in the match are suddenly replaced with Takagi clones...

ULTRA WAVE

Book a singles match between Dick Togo and Tomohiko Hashimoto.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a great 2/3 Falls match. It was a hell of a lot of fun:

Ricky Marvin and Kotaro Suzuki vs KENTA and Taiji Ishimori

Fall One: Suzuki over KENTA - I honestly can't remember how. (13:39)

Fall Two: Ishimori over Suzuki with a German Suplex Hold (4:38)

Fall Three: Suzuki over Ishimori with the Gory Breaker (10:19)

I controlled fall one, was shocked to lose fall two so quicly, but with the damage taken in places in fall one and in the more even fall two it made sense. I was panicking in the final fall, especially when KENTA hit Suzuki with the GTS, but Marvin was on hand for the save!

I fancy playing some BIG fuck-off huge elimination match with USA vs. Japan legends but I'm not sure I have the time.

Oh, and Takayama is really fun to play as. Not sure if I've said that already, but even if I have it's worth saying again.

I did a US vs Japan (I think I may have posted it), was well worth it. Went for ages, FPR time.

I like the Match Maker Mode, doing a season at the moment. I kinda just pick random matches, but it gives me a chance to check out new people.

I did just have a good 4 on 4 elimination match, with my team of Masato Tanaka, Dick Togo, Shinzaki and The Great Sasuke beating Taka Michinoku, Super Delphin, Daisuke Ikedia and the Great Kahli.

I won easy in the end, but there was a bit where Kahli was absolutely destroying all my team, and even when he was getting battered, he refused to tag and just kept taking on every man that I put in against him. He is pretty weak though, as after the first few moves from Tanaka when they got in the ring for the first time, a powerslam got a 2.9 in the first minute.

Does anyone play the S-1, SWA or Gruesome Fighting? I find them really enjoyable for a change of pace. Plus getting criticals from kicks and punches to the face is a pretty good feeling.

Edited by rvdwannabe

I play S-1 and SWA games sometimes. I usually play as Shibata and once or twice I tried to recreate Nagata/Fedor hoping to have Nagata win but.. uhhhh.. it never worked out. Every time I've done Nagata/Fedor, Fedor criticals me in the first round before 1 minute is up.

I know S-1 is like K-1, but I'm not sure what the actual rules for SWA are?

I mean, you get knocked down and nothing happens, but then occasionally the referee starts to count, whilst with S-1, every knockdown gets a count.

I.. don't really know either.

Also, Shingo Takagi = BEAST. I played a Round Robin team match earlier and I went up against Takagi as K-NESS and lost (only loss of the whole tourney on my side) and Takagi must've speared me half a dozen times, legit. He'd down me, pick me up, spear me and repeat for like.. two minutes in-game time.

I once ran a 4 vs. 4 elimination with Shingo and 3 DG guys vs. KENTA, Ishimori, Marvin and Suzuki, and Shingo eliminated all four NOAH guys unanswered with the Anaconda Vice. He earned the first fall at something like 27 mins, and the match was over by 32/33.....

I may need to raise the difficulty, I did the USA vs. Japan match, 4 vs. 4 elimination rules, best 2/3 and won 2-0 without ever losing a guy. I had Gordy, Williams, Hansen and Terry Funk vs. Jumbo, Misawa, Taue and Mutoh. Then again, I did have the problems in the 2 vs. 2 2/3 falls match earlier, so we'll see. Hansen's Lariat is so fun to hit people with.