Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

BAH! I knew it! It turned up today, and I have NO time whatsoever to play. I'm back sometime tomorrow, so I'll give it a bash then. Its gonna be well annoying knowing its sitting at home, laughing at me.... mocking me..... Got a busy weekend as well, so tomorrow is gonna have to be some form of mega Fire Pro Wrestling playing..... day.....thing.....

I probably won't be able to see this reply until tomorrow evening, so will probably have it by then, but was it recorded delivery, or was it just put through your postbox?

Yeah, got the hang of naming. First name in last name slot, and vise versa, then flip the name so it's right. Obviously, enter the names in the right parameters if it won't fit the other way.

Only had time for like three matches, and won't have more time today. Enjoying it so far though.

EDIT - What do you do for someone like Marufuji, who has the problem that 'Naomichi' is too long for the first name box, but so is Marufuji?

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

Yeah, got the hang of naming. First name in last name slot, and vise versa, then flip the name so it's right. Obviously, enter the names in the right parameters if it won't fit the other way.

Only had time for like three matches, and won't have more time today. Enjoying it so far though.

EDIT - What do you do for someone like Marufuji, who has the problem that 'Naomichi' is too long for the first name box, but so is Marufuji?

"Maru" "Fuji" maybe?

Next stupid question: Where is the tag team match option!? I've found the 5 vs. 5 team thing, but I mean normal 2 vs. 2. (expect lots guys......)

Anyway, just had a fun match as Kotaro Suzuki vs. Low-Ki, I thought I would never put that bastard away. Edited NOAH to have the right names, NJPW will follow after work!

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

Next stupid question: Where is the tag team match option!? I've found the 5 vs. 5 team thing, but I mean normal 2 vs. 2. (expect lots guys......)

Go into exhibition mode and where it says 1P and CPU, click on those and you can make it 1P/1P vs. CPU/CPU or 1P/CPU vs. 2P/CPU, or 1P/1P/1P vs. 2P/2P/2P, so on and so forth.

Go into exhibition mode and where it says 1P and CPU, click on those and you can make it 1P/1P vs. CPU/CPU or 1P/CPU vs. 2P/CPU, or 1P/1P/1P vs. 2P/2P/2P, so on and so forth.

BAH! I knew it! It turned up today, and I have NO time whatsoever to play. I'm back sometime tomorrow, so I'll give it a bash then. Its gonna be well annoying knowing its sitting at home, laughing at me.... mocking me..... Got a busy weekend as well, so tomorrow is gonna have to be some form of mega Fire Pro Wrestling playing..... day.....thing.....

I probably won't be able to see this reply until tomorrow evening, so will probably have it by then, but was it recorded delivery, or was it just put through your postbox?

Just popped through the postbox.

Tried the easiest setting, and was KENTA vs. Kikutaro, won with the GTS in about 7 mins (ingame time)

I was looking for a bit of advice on re-naming. I'm using the Phil Parent guide from FPF, and some random other renaming guide that seems to have manifested itself on my hardrive, but both seem a bit screwy with putting some wrestlers surnames in the 'nicknames' section, some in the 'last name section', and some of the suggest nicknames are just weird. I was wondering if you guys had an universal rules about re-editing names that you follow, or if there was a better guide anywhere.

Also, both guides were arranged by group/stable order, not by what order the wrestlers actually appear in the game, which didn't help.

As for the match I had, it was fun. That's the only opinion I have so far. Will post more after more matches!

Bah, mine still hasn't arrived. I thought it might be recorded delivery, so may need to sign for it, but yeah, if thats not the case, I'm wondering what happened.

I'll leave it until 12 or so tomorrow, and then contact the company.

SHINGO OWNS THE NOAH ROSTER.

Ran a 4 vs. 4 Elimination with KENTA, Ishimori, Kotaro Suzuki and Ricky Marvin vs. CIMA, Doi, Shingo and Dragon Kid.

No eliminations for 29 mins (game time), then in the space of three mins, he makes KENTA, Suzuki and Ishimori tap to the Anaconda Vice, and then makes Marvin submit after a brief comeback attempt from Marvin. This is after kicking out of three Falcoln Arrows and a German Suplex pin from KENTA, and he was the only DG guy tagged in for around the last ten to fifteen minutes of game time.

In short, Shingo > NOAH juniors.

made the Fire Pro World Title. The match for the vacant title was Kobashi vs. Kawada. For some odd reason, no matter who else I try, I can't seem to get a grip on any other wrestlers moveset except Kawada. Anyway, since it was basically my 3rd match playing this game, I got my ass handed to me, but somehow managed to kick out at "2.9!!!!!" out of the Burning Lariat. Anyway, Kobashi is the champ, and I've tried to take the belt off him 7 times, mostly with Kawada. Once with Inoki and another time with Sapp. Funny store about the Sapp/Kobashi match... I got DQ'd because I wouldn't let up on a mounted punch type hold thing that all those MMA guys do. I was beating Kobashi's brains in. Fuckin' ref. <_<

So now I'm running an 8 man over the top-rope/pinfall/submission tournament to crown the #1 contender. I played as Kawada and ALMOST beat Shinsuke Nakamura. Fucker. Jun Akiyama just beat some gay Zero-1 guy. Currently Jun Kasai is beating the shit out of El Samuari, which I find funny.

Also, fuck Karl Gotch.

EDIT:

Shinsuke over Kawada

Akiyama over Gay Z-1 Guy

El Samurai over Jun Kasai

Vader over Bret Hart

Shinsuke over Akiyama

Vader over El Samurari

Vader over Shinsuke

Then Vader proceeded to have a 19 minute match with Kobashi. That ended with Kobashi making the Mastodon tap to a Half-Boston Crab, after kicking out of a Burning Hammer. Fucker. :(

WILL I EVER GET THE BELT OFF KOBASHI!?!?!

Edited by Tristy

For anyone who has the game and a Max Drive or other save drive, there is an FP Anthology save that looks pretty glorious. It covers every single wrestler in a Fire Pro game, so covers a lot of the legeneds, MMA and such that you may fancy having in the game.

When you've set up a tournament, is there a way to make the final for a title, or have I spent ages setting up a Jr Heavyweight tournament for nothing!?

I'm screwed anyway, I didn't realise that quick save didn't actually SAVE the tournament for when you turned the PS2 off..... I'm just simming exhibition matches to make the tournament now.

I've been doing a fuck-load of simming today. I've created a Heavweight title, and a Jr. Heavweight title. My Jr. Heavweight tournament is still on-going, but Giant Bernard is my first Heavyweight Champion! I simmed eight man battle royals, with the two winners meeting for the belt.

Yugi Nagata survived Steve Corino, Kawada, KENTA, Taue, Kobashi, Morishima and Kojima.

Bernard out lasted Akiyama, Masato Tanaka, Marufuji, Nakamura, Takao Omori, Misawa and Tanahashi.

Then in the final Bernard beat Nagata in 9:25 with like an F-5 into an Ace Crusher thing, so all hail Giant Bernard!

The two runners up, Kojima and Tanahashi are fighting as we speak to crown a number one contender.