Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

How do you do post attacks with juniors/luchadores? I've been reading Bill Woods' character guides on GameFAQs and he keeps mentioning how some of the juniors like Curry Man have "run up the post moves".

And also - how do I do moves from the apron to the ring? Springboard dropkicks, etc.?

I was just reading back through a couple pages of this thread and felt the need to make another post.

If anyone is wondering whether or not picking up a MAX Drive is worth it....the answer is YES!!!!

One hundred times over...YES!!!

Being able to get the edit packs, pick and choose who you want out of damn near any wrestler you can think of for the past twnety years, and know that you don't have to spend hours making them...is absolutely worth every penny!

I already have over 700 wrestlers in the game thanks to the Max Drive and I know damn well that if I had needed to make all of them...it would have never gotten finished.

Not to mention the incredibly time consuming Logos being readily available on some of those save files.

Now that I know we have this big ass topic in here, I will have to share some of my gameplay stories as well!!!

How do you do post attacks with juniors/luchadores? I've been reading Bill Woods' character guides on GameFAQs and he keeps mentioning how some of the juniors like Curry Man have "run up the post moves".

And also - how do I do moves from the apron to the ring? Springboard dropkicks, etc.?

Run towards the corner holding X or [] does a post move, like Whisper in the Wind. Running towards the corner holding O has your guy just run up to the post and ready to do any of the assigned top rope moves. You can't do the latter while someone is in the corner though or you'll do your running corner attack.

Ghost Machine got the apron moves right.

I know its been explained 1,000,000 before, but before I buy a MAX Drive, what all does this require and where can I get a MAX Drive at?

Your best bet is the Action Replay Max Evo. You'll need everything it comes with and two memory cards. One for your base save and one to transfer files over to. Finding a Max Drive isn't easy nowadays because most retailers won't carry them due to the product being notorious for corrupting memory cards, rendering them useless. You can still find them on Amazon or ebay though.

Personally, I am adamantly opposed to the save devices for that very reason. Yeah, I know you can download packs that have almost every wrestler in the world on them, but it's just not worth going through all that work when there's a very strong possibility of every save you have getting wiped out. There just way too unreliable of a product for me, but again, that's just my personal opinion. There are guys out there with 500 saves while I'm just messing around with my 30+ WWE guys I've made so far, so I'm sure the save device is a much more tempting. I personally don't trust them and I just personally prefer my own creations, but again - that's just me.

EDIT

And MG96 - you don't need one for PS3. All you need for PS3 is a compatible USB thumbdrive to transfer saves.

Edited by Zero

I can see how a lot of guys refuse not to use a save device though. makes things so much simple. I wish the ps2 had the feature to plug in a usb cable I'd be in edit heaven again at least till I flesh out my wwe and tna sections

For apron dives, you move your wrestler onto the apron, get in position and press toward the ring on the D-pad while pressing O.

Does the opponent have to be in any certain position? Like, for instance, if I wanted to do a moonsault from the apron to the ring would the opp have to be lying down or does he just have to be near the ropes?

We have used the Max Drive for this game, as well as Smackdown, and Madden. We have done tons of different files for Fire Pro, and have never had a single issue with it corrupting a memory card.

As stated before, you just need the MAX and two memory cards.

I saw it mentioned on another board that if you try to do top rope moves to the outside that most won't connect. I've seen a few moves hit and I'm just wondering if anyone has seen other moves like the elbowdrops and sentons connect on the outside

For apron dives, you move your wrestler onto the apron, get in position and press toward the ring on the D-pad while pressing O.

Does the opponent have to be in any certain position? Like, for instance, if I wanted to do a moonsault from the apron to the ring would the opp have to be lying down or does he just have to be near the ropes?

All "slingshot" moves whether they're from the apron into the ring or from the ring to the outside require the opponent to be standing. The only way you're going to pull them off is if the opponent is dazed or you're extremely lucky. Use a O grapple to make your opponent stand up dazed in order to pull off these moves.

Alright, cool.

I managed to do a moonsault to an opponent in the corner.. but I'm not sure how I did it. >_> I need to go read some of the FPR FAQs on GameFAQs.

EDIT:

Edited by Miss Cloudina

Zero do you have randy orton in your group of wwe guys ? I found some online but non look that great. I've got a movelist and logic all done. I love giving him the Lip Lock move it makes a pretty good replacement for the stomps he does.

I do have an Orton, but admittedly it's not spectacular. It's hard to replicate his buzz haircut look with any of the American heads so the face isn't the best, but I think it works:

Head 210 - black hair

Waist - Male S - black trunks

Layer 1 - Logo - white

Layer 2 - Flames - white

Upper arm

Layer 1 - Tattoo 1

Layer 2 - Tattoo 2

Lower arm

Layer 1 - wrist bands - white

Layer 2 - Scars - match color to tattoos

Then just add knee pads and boots and you should be set. I just went with his black trunks with white trim, but of course he's worn other colors. Also, you'll need to toy with the body proportions. I wanted to give him that lanky look that he has, so I usually used Male S parts on a medium height body. I also altered the percentages on chest, arms and legs by a couple points just to make him a little thinner. Just drop them a little until you find what looks best for you, I don't think I went below 97% on any of them.

how hard are the controls to get used to for someone, like me, who's only ever played the SmackDown! games?

I ask because apparently my local K-Mart has some copies for like, $10, and my local owned game store carries the Max Drive things.

:shifty:

I still have trouble every now and then timing strikes and running but the rest of the controls I've grown accustomed to

I had a friend download senators edit pack and I just had an awesome tag match

It was John Cena(me) and Jericho vs. Randy Orton and JBL

at the 15 minute mark I go for the FU on Orton. Lift him up but he slips behind me. I turn around and he nails the rko. Jericho runs in and hits the codebreaker before Orton has the chance to pin me. At this point JBL enters bounces off the ropes and Hits the clothesline form hell as jericho was turning around getting the critical.

I'll be having a rematch soon.

how hard are the controls to get used to for someone, like me, who's only ever played the SmackDown! games?

I know it sounds cliche, but the controls are pretty simple to learn, but very difficult to master. There is no grapple button, you just get close to your opponent and automatically lock up and then it's all about timing. You hit a direction and a button, just like in any other game, but you only want to hit it once. Button mashing will result in a lost grapple and your opponent will hit a move. Also, there are three sets of grapples - weak (square), medium (X), and strong (triangle and also square+X simultaneously). Attempting a strong move on someone who hasn't taken much damage will almost always result in a reversal.