Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

In the game, the finisher is marked with a C and called a Critical Move, which is seperate in theory from a CRITICAL. Usually, only the Critical Move can cause the CRITICAL to happen, however there are different settings. Such as striking, which most MMA guys have, which means that any striking move that has the ability to critical may. There's also something like that for submission moves, power moves and one called technical.. which means to can get a CRITICAL with a roll-up to simulate a flash pin.

I finally got my hands on a copy today but haven't done much with it. I just popped it in for a few matches to see if I could get the hang of things quickly. Though not as one-sided as I thought it would be, I still lost both matches: first as Petey Williams against Great Sasuke then as Ebessan against demon Muta.

I find the best part about the game is how much fun you can have, even when losing. And when you are playing against two guys that you know a lot about, the finishes can be nothing short of amazing. I played a Kobashi\Misawa match today and was getting my ass handed to me in a 70\30 match for me... until I countered Misawa going for the Frosion and instead nailed a Burning Hammer for the CRITICAL. The entire end of the match felt like something that would actually happen, instead of a rush to see who can fill their Smackdown! meter the quickest.

For the guy who PM'ed me about the Puerto Rico save, I will be releasing it at fireproclub and here once it's 100% done. It is a slow process since I dont have much time in my hands(and my little cousin accidentally deleted three of the wrestlers I had done). Right now I say I am like 25% done.

That would be your problem, don't. It isn't a button masher, and hitting the buttons cancels out your chances.. especially L1 which is the button that cancels out any offense for your guy. This is used in Match Maker mode when you want the guy that you are using to stay down to make the match more even. Either way, trust me.. if you see that the other guy is going for a move, do not hit a button while he is doing it or you cancel out your auto reversal chance.

I have a question, do the MMA fights take place in the octagon or in the ring? And how do they work? Can you bust out wrestling moves(powerbombs, etc.) whenever, or are you stuck with MMA throws/take downs and stuff?

The UFC styled matches take place in a cage, and you can use any move that you want AND run.. although with no ropes and no Irish whipping or pinfalls, a MMA guy is at an advantage. They end by CRITICAL or submission.

The K1 fights take place inside a ring, and you can only use moves that are strikes or grapples that end in strikes, no Irish whipping and the rules there can either be __ number of downs for a TKO (or turn it off) or just a count of 10 when you put a guy down.

The Battlarts style match is just the same as the K1, except wrestling moves and running are allowed, as is Irish whipping. It's kind of like a worked shoot match.

Woo! I just won my first match. Took me long enough. I jobbed for the first four, but finally won. I beat Petey Williams in 11 minutes as AJ Styles.

I'm still getting the hang of it... mostly I'm just striking and grappling, but I've ventured to the top rope a few times. It's probably going to take me a long time to get the hang of doing everything here.

HaHa, I just found this game. I love it. I read earlier in the thread that everyone had to order or search forever for it I found it by surprise. IT was at my local 99 cent store for 10 bucks. Controls are a little difficult to deal with for me right now, but I love the variety of matches and number of created character slots but only problem I have with it is that the CAW is long and hard to work with on attributes and everything.