Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

I finally got the game. I checked a Dollar General store near me (and being pissed off that they not only didn't have it but the games they *did* have were crap - must've had at least a dozen copies of the Arthur and the Invisibles game) before I went to the grocery store, then when I got home I called Gamestop and they had ONE copy in. I got them to put a short hold on it (they could only hold it for an hour), and hauled ass to go pick it up.

Its pretty fun except for the fact I can't hit a high flying move to save my life due to the opponents getting up too fast. I've spent more time simming matches and watching them than actually playing the game, though.

The run button also being used to pick up weapons is a seriously bad idea. I was doing a barbed wire deathmatch and ended up running right into the barbed wire just trying to pick up a freakin' baseball bat. Would have been better to link it to one of the right shoulder buttons.

Edited by GhostMachine

Yeah, I've read but haven't really tried it much... but using the stronger moves is supposed to make guys stand up dizzy if they have been worn down enough.

You'll find if you start using edit templates, how people do the edited wrestlers that they do. There are a whole lot of little tricks... like turning part of the pants flesh coloured to get the right length of shorts etc Some people are just naturally gifted at that stuff it seems.

Its pretty fun except for the fact I can't hit a high flying move to save my life due to the opponents getting up too fast.

O grapple moves will make your opponent stand up dizzy (making them easy targets for a standing high flying move like a diving clothesline), I suggest setting them up with your []+X move or a weaker move.

You'll find if you start using edit templates, how people do the edited wrestlers that they do. There are a whole lot of little tricks... like turning part of the pants flesh coloured to get the right length of shorts etc Some people are just naturally gifted at that stuff it seems.

Yeah, I suggest checking out the GameFAQ's Fire Pro board (it's surprisingly literate compared to the other message boards around there), there's a guy with a dead-on Jericho edit with his new tights. It's a good template to get yourself acclimated to the edit system.

Is it dhalismrocks? I have the one of his that was posted on CAWs.ws, I mean the tights look near perfect.

http://www.caws.ws/firepro/show.php?cat=5&id=49

For everyone who doesn't have a cheat\save device yet, Fire Pro Club has put up a template forum now, due to the pushing of myself and a few others... and someone is doing what I personally would, putting guys from save packs over to the forums for others. I say ye should check it out, and also fish around CAWS.ws, yeah it's generally a piece of shit site... but there are a couple of guys there doing some good updates\creations. I especially like the Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith done by the same guy over there.... there's also a rather decent Undertaker.

Yeah, it is dhalsimrocks. I need to get that guy posting here, his views on wrestling are pretty smart... and by smart, I mean similar to mine.

And with that news, I need to hit up Fire Pro Club more. My refusal to use save devices has kept me away since I figure I won't find much, but if they're putting up a template forum, then I'm there.

I've got an original wrestler I created named Kenzo Musashi that I've been kicking ass with. I just beat Onita in 3 straight SWA rules matches (3 10 minute rounds), and didn't even get to the second round in any of them due to having criticals set at high. (The wrestler I made has Sterness Dust as his finisher, but I only won 1 fight with it)

I love simming matches on this game. I've done several simmed Battle Royales with wrestlers from different feds where I just sit back and watch.

Next thing I need to do is tweak my created wrestler Bigman D's moveset. He's a wrestler I made up for Legends of Wrestling I or II and have made in every wrestling game since, but I have to modify him for each game. I've given him the Canadian Backbreaker (which was his LoW series finisher, and is actually called the D-Wrecker), but I can't decide which Chokeslam to give him as a special or which kick to use as a substitute for the rope rebound Big Boot. I'm skipping the F5, which was one of his Smackdown series finishers, since you can't make someone bleed with it in FPR (in the Smackdown series it was called the Crimson Destoryer and was only used if it would bust the victim open or they already were). (I used the Torture Rack as a replacement for the Canadian Backbreaker in the Smackdown games)

One question: is the corner option for the Land Mine deathmatches the only way to get light tubes in the game? I've never seen anyone pull those out from under the ring or them being in the ring when I add weapons to a cage match.

I finally got everyone but the MMA guys renamed, which was certainly an epic experience. After that I decided to dick around with Lesko's awesome Kurt Angle edit. Something got screwed up with the color around the thigh area so I just improvised and made some modifications and overall I'm quite happy. Once you churn out a wrestler or two the edit system isn't quite so daunting anymore. I'm looking forward to getting some classic NWA edits worked out in the near future.

Overall I'm loving this. Lot's of new things that didn't make the cut for Fire Pro A that make this game superb. The ground wrestling system is a very nice touch. Really helped me to make a more authentic Angle. I can see this game lasting me for years before I need anything else.

How in the hell do you pin?

It's usually a Ground X move. At your opponent's head or feet.

Emphasis on the "usually." There is no set pin button, it all depends on the moveset. Some people pin face up at opponent's feet, some face down at opponent's head. Some even have pinning standing strikes.

My dad went to two cities to track this down for me and found the last copy at Wal-Mart. AWESOME :D

Except the entire manual is in french and I only can half read that. Oh well, GameFAQs will teach me.