Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

I'm loving the game also, though I can't seem to get the CAW mode at all. For some reason, I can't manage to change the color of their hair. I tried it with different heads, different kinds of layers, etc and tried changing the color, but nothing worked.

Press circle on the current layer you're working on, it will take you into the color editing. You can then press square on the color pallettes to get sample colors, or just press X to edit each individual color.

Welcome to the Fourth Circle of Hell, also known as the Fire Pro edit system. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but the menus are ridiculous to anyone just getting introduced to the series. Just wait till you get to CPU logic... I'm almost a decade into the series and I still can't figure that shit out for the life of me. Of course, it'll probably help now that I'm not trying to translate Japanese when I do it, but I still can't quite get a grasp on it.

Edited by Zero

I wanted to do all the edits myself, but I am going to end up breaking down and buying shit to do the save packs after Christmas. I love creating things, but tweaking with logic for all the guys that I want to make is just a bit too much for me, and that territories save pack that is out is mouth watering to me, and I'll never find the time to make all the logos and wrestlers and rings that I would need to make... and I want to play that motherfucker now.

I just don't trust save devices at all. I know I'd wind up downloading one of those things and it'll corrupt my memory card and I'll lose everything. I'd much rather just do it all myself over the course of the game... this is likely to be the last Fire Pro game and considering I'd been playing Fire Pro D from 2001 until the release of FPR, I got plenty of time to just make the people I want... as tempting as the save packs are.

I just made my first hand-made character, and it's not something I ever want to do again, due to how clunky some of the menus are. I didn't even mess with the logic. I can't imagine how people have had the patience to make 100+ wrestlers, I'm just grateful for the existence of the save packs

Guest wwebone

I've had no problem with the save pack I downloaded.

Fortunately, I'm finally understanding how the game works and how to play it. It's quite different from most other wrestling games I've played.

I will be getting this for Christmas and in the mean time I've been playing FPW2 for the gba. I was wondering would edits made for fire pro returns be possible to make in fpw2 ?

I just made my first hand-made character, and it's not something I ever want to do again, due to how clunky some of the menus are. I didn't even mess with the logic. I can't imagine how people have had the patience to make 100+ wrestlers, I'm just grateful for the existence of the save packs

The menus are a pain in the ass at first, but once you get the hang of it, creating an appearance is a breeze. Movesets are easy now since they finally made an English game. Logic though... yeah, I dunno.

And Doc, you should be able to make just about anybody that you did in FPW in FPR.

Edited by Zero

After looking around on my moms eBay account, it appears as if she's won a copy! I can't wait until Christmas now! I've been looking around town, and I found an Action Replay Max. It's not the EVO (Is that right?) version that comes with a thumb drive, so I probably can't use it right? On GameFAQs, they said that I could use a normal thumb drive to do it. How much do they usually cost, and will this actually work?

Unfortunately, my two favorite game stores (along with my favorite comic book store, where I have a subscription box) are in a mall, and I won't be setting foot in there again until January, if I can help it. Place is crowded as hell even on weekdays.

I went to EB Games to get FPR last week, and they had an open game case (manual inside, but the disk removed) on the shelves - they don't put out open cases unless they actually have the game in. The two fools behind the counter spent almost ten minutes looking and couldn't find the disk. They told me to go to Gamestop downstairs and ask, because the website is 24-48 hours out of date. (I looked at the website before I went to the mall, and it said EB had copies in, but Gamestop didn't) No FPR at Gamestop, and the guy there told me that they weren't allowed to take pre-orders (which I figured, since it was a budget title) and only get 2 copies in at a time, which really sucks.

Someone at another message board I visit said that Dollar General is apparently carrying the game, and there's one near me. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much broke for about another week, but damn if I'm not going to go check there when I have the chance.

For the record, I rarely set foot in EB Games unless I have to; Gamestop seems to hire better employees (ie, more helpful and knowledgable) and EB tends to get more used games that are missing the actual case or manual than Gamestop, and I buy used when possible.

Got two questions about finishers in FPR:

1. Do you have to do certain things before you can use a finisher in FPR, like you do in the SD vs. R games (ie, build up momentum), or can you bust out a finisher at any time?

2. Do wrestlers only have one finisher?

(I know I won't be making a GhostMachine in the game, sadly, because from what I've read it only has green Poison Mist, so I guess I'll have to make Whoaseussa - too bad there aren't any frying pan weapons in it, though)

You can use a finisher at any time, however, the earlier you do it, the harder it will be to pull off, and the less likely you are to get the pinfall or submission from it.

You need to use the other moves in your repetoire, building up to the big ones, just like in a match.

In the game, your finisher is called your Critical. Any move that you have, you can assign as your Critical, and some are easier to pull off than others. If you are playing as Kenta Kobashi for instance, trying to pull off the Burning Hammer~! is going to take some buildup (although, there are times where either I or the CPU have got lucky and busted one out right off the bat). But say if his Critical was set to be the Burning Lariat, then it would still be his "finishing move" but it would require subsequently less work to pull off.

But yeah, there are no bars and no meters in the game at all.

They must have changed things because I was under the assumption in older Fire Pro games a critical was like a broken bone or viscious knock out. Because I've seen several criticals that wasn't a finisher