Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

So I purchesed FPWR the other day and I'm loving it so far, but I have question:

I've been making some WWE guys latley, Jeff Hardy is the most recent (A pretty close to life one if I do say so myself) and I can't for the life of me win with a Swanton Bomb. I hit Randy Orton with it about 8 times and even at the 30 minitue mark he was still getting right up afterwards.

Difficulty setting has been tried at 1-4 and no matter what, no matter who I'm against, the Swanton will not keep anyone down.

Has anyone else found anything like this to be happening/know a possible reason why or how to change it?

I hate to keep harping on it, but it's probably a combination of logic and paramaters. If Orton, for example, has really high parameters and Hardy's logic and parameters aren't 'correct' it might be almost impossible to take him out with a Swanton.

Also, I got critical'd by a dude with a single punch in about four minutes. Unfortunately, I forget who I was playing as and who I got K.O.'d by. That was during the day my D-Pad broke. =/

So I purchesed FPWR the other day and I'm loving it so far, but I have question:

I've been making some WWE guys latley, Jeff Hardy is the most recent (A pretty close to life one if I do say so myself) and I can't for the life of me win with a Swanton Bomb. I hit Randy Orton with it about 8 times and even at the 30 minitue mark he was still getting right up afterwards.

Difficulty setting has been tried at 1-4 and no matter what, no matter who I'm against, the Swanton will not keep anyone down.

Has anyone else found anything like this to be happening/know a possible reason why or how to change it?

Its also got something to do with the move you put them down with, i.e. you nail two big moves odds are they'll get up to give them a chance. Try putting them down with an X move then doing it. If you think thats bad wait til you try the 5 Star Frog Splash.

I've won multiple matches with the Five Star, I dont see why anyone else can't seeing as it pins directly after.

Swanton is the only one that's really a bitch for me, I lay people out with lots of O moves before hitting it and I've still not gotten a win.

Also Edge's finisher from my pack, Charging Spear is a bit annoying to land as well.

It's a corner to centre move, meaning you need to lay the opponent down in the middle of the ring, hurt enough that they'll stand up stunned, and press O + Directional (towards post) while standing next to either left or right turnbuckle. Took me a while to land it. Though it was a fun lil' match against Jeff Hardy which lasted like 20 minitues.

I had a great mark out moment the other day, I put on an 8 man battle royale with Undertaker (American Badass), RVD, Jeff Hardy, The Rock, Samoa Joe, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, HHH, elimination.

I was playing on 5 difficulty and made it to the final 4.

Orton and The Rock got eliminated early (both by me), Joe managed to put away HHH, RVD eliminated Jericho:

Then in the final four it was myself, RVD, Joe and Jeff, I got elimated by Samoa Joe via Muscle Buster, RVD Eliminated Joe leaving only RVD and Jeff Hardy in the ring.

Match went on for a good 6 minitues with just those two with RVD dominating most of the time, but Hardy managed to kick out of 4 Frog Splashes (at the 2.9 mark) and survived even after a few chair shots, then RVD looked to have it in the bag with a final Frog Splash... but he missed allowing Hardy to hit a Twist of Fate for the win.

Was a suprisingly fun watch.

I've won multiple matches with the Five Star, I dont see why anyone else can't seeing as it pins directly after.

Swanton is the only one that's really a bitch for me, I lay people out with lots of O moves before hitting it and I've still not gotten a win.

Also Edge's finisher from my pack, Charging Spear is a bit annoying to land as well.

It's a corner to centre move, meaning you need to lay the opponent down in the middle of the ring, hurt enough that they'll stand up stunned, and press O + Directional (towards post) while standing next to either left or right turnbuckle. Took me a while to land it. Though it was a fun lil' match against Jeff Hardy which lasted like 20 minitues.

As someone said, hit an X move first before top rope moves. O moves are meant to get the person standing up groggy, so after a O move, they're more likely to get up/kick out. Only use those when you plan on hitting a standing top rope move.

As for the second, you don't have to wait for the person to get up. In fact, it's easier if they don't. Hit the button combo while the person is just laying there, and he will get up groggy automatically, and you will hit the move without having to hit anything else.

I know it's not FPW-R, but close enough.

I was just playing the career mode on FPW2 via emulator (was on GBA, and I've already got FPW1), and I was Joe Morci aka The Rock. I was in a gruesome match, submission/knockout only. Only 2.30 mins in, pretty even, I ran at him looking for my flying clothesline/shoulderblock, then bam, in mid-air, took me down with an armbar and critical'd me. It was epic, yet annoying as I lost.

• 4 months later...

Anybody still playing this?

I just got this game back out today after a few months away from it and I had some awesome matches. I had a Hulk Hogan vs. Giant Bernard match with me playing as Hogan that worked out really well, Your typical Hogan match in that I took a great deal of punishment, got busted open and ended up gasping for breathe yet I still managed to make a big comeback and pull off the win at the 17 minute marK.

The best match I had though was X Pac and Billy Kidman vs the New Age Outlaws, Going into it I wouldnt have expected it to be one of the best matches I have ever had but it was, even though I lost it was just back and forth goodness all the way throughout.

It will never happen but Firepro online over something like Xbox live would be magical.

I busted it out last week for the first time in a bit, had some random 4 vs. 4 Jr. Heavyweight elimination matches, and kicked a little ass with Togi Makabe.

• 2 months later...
On September 9th, 2009

For Playstation 3 and XBOX 360

Format: Download only

Region: Japan

Developed by S-Neo and Grasshopper Manufacture

Published by Spike

Fire Pro Wrestling HD

A new installment in the Fire Pro Wrestling series featuring high definition graphics and online functionality to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Fire Pro.

- Full 1080p support

- High resolution 2D sprites (3 times the pixel density of Fire Pro Returns)

- "Rebuilt" game engine

- XBOX Live and Playstation Network support for online play

- FULL ENGLISH TRANSLATION AVAILABLE FROM THE OPTIONS MENU

- Unlockables

- Downloadable content (download moves?!)

- Custom soundtrack support

- Upgraded logo editor featuring "image import".

- Share edits and logos online with friends via PSN and XBOX Live

Confirmed modes

Champion Road

One Night Match

Match Maker

Point Battle

Team Mach

Survival

Online Play

League

Tournament

Edit

Card Shop

Known mode details

Champion Road

A decision driven ‘career mode’ similar to Fighting Road from Fire Pro Wrestling G.

You begin by selecting your starting location. (Japan, America, Mexico, England)

You cannot use any default wrestlers or pre-made edits.

You have to start with a new character that has limited edit points.

Edit points, moves, and ring attire are collected by earning points in matches.

Points are earned based on audience ranking and other factors.

Your starting location also determines your available choices.

Advancing in Champion Road earns tokens that can be spent at the Card Shop.

One Night Match

All exhibition match options are available through One Night Match.

Confirmed match types

1 vs 1

Tag Team

Four Team Match ( 4 teams of 2 ?)

Battle Royale

Title Match

SWA Rules

Gruesome Fighting

Cage Match

Exploding Cage Match

Landmine Death Match

And 2 new match types that haven’t been revealed yet

New match features

Audience ranking for all match types

Captain’s fall rule

Lucha tag rule

Defend titles in any match type

New weapons

Match speed in custom increments (ex: 108%, 122%, etc)

Match Maker

The new version of Match Maker isn’t structured.

There are no objectives or pre-made scenarios.

You can book complete shows with defaults and edits.

All One Night Match and tournament / league options are available within Match Maker

Point Battle

A new mode to Fire Pro Wrestling!

The game randomly selects wrestlers from the roster for a match

You then bet on the outcome of the match

Tokens you earn can be spent at the Card Shop

COM vs COM only

Team Match

The standard 5 vs 5 elimination mode from previous Fire Pro games

1 vs 1 matches only

Survival

Wrestle an endless line of opponents until you lose

Earn tokens to spend in the Card Shop

Online Play

Play against friends or random opponents via XBOX Live and Playstation Network

Voice chat support

Online Point Battle where you can bet tokens against other players

"Party Play"

"Spectator"

League and Tournament

Titles can be awarded to winners of leagues and tournaments

Edit Mode

Wrestler Edit

Ref Edit

Belt Edit

Organization Edit

Logo Edit

Ring Edit

Trade

New edit features

Logo editor allows for ‘image import’

Trade: Online sharing of all edit content

"Advanced ring edit"

Alternate attires for wrestler edits

Edit space is based on available hard drive space

Card Shop

This is where you spend your earned tokens to purchase in-game content.

Confirmed content: templates, default characters, alternate attires, artwork, videos

You will buy ‘collector cards’ for the unlockable material. The cards will be displayed in your card collection

Courtesy of fireproclub.com

Basically, they are releasing this, and a game for the Wii. I believe most, if not all of it, will be Japan only, but as it stands, with a couple of minutes and a tutorial, PS3 owners can create Japanese accounts anyway, so it should be available to all who own a PS3. Plus, it'll also have English translation built in, which will rule.

Yes, this is very lame.

Admittedly, since I heard my PS2 Slim has so many problems with Max drives and codebreakers and stuff, I never can get any edit packs. And I could never figured out the logic editor well enough to make people, so that was discouraging as well.

I wish they'd just release Fire Pro HD in the States. Sigh.