Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

Agreed. Gutted, though, FPHD would've been awesome. Now I'm pretty tempted to pull Fire Pro R out and play it some.

Bought mine from Gamestop in December. My wife is in the process of taking some of the people she created in the Sims 2 and making wrestlers out of them.

edit

Obviously talking about FPW Returns.

BTW...ever notice how if you use the default version of Kevin Nash (can't remember right now what his default name in the game is), the Jackknife powerbomb is a critical most of the time?

Edited by Billy Castillo

Yes, this is very lame.

Admittedly, since I heard my PS2 Slim has so many problems with Max drives and codebreakers and stuff, I never can get any edit packs. And I could never figured out the logic editor well enough to make people, so that was discouraging as well.

I wish they'd just release Fire Pro HD in the States. Sigh.

Um... well, that's wrong. I use Action Replay and a USB drive with my PS2 and I've got Fire Pro nearly full up. I have maybe thirty open spots left?

Someone lend me an Action Replay so I don't have to drop $25 on one just to transfer FPR saves.

Also - the Osaka Pro guys are awesome fun. I was playing a match as Billy Ken-Kid against Big Boss MA-G-MA and he spent the match practically obliterating me, and around the 11:00 mark in the match he goes for a Powerbomb - which I'm sure will be the end for me - but I reversed it into a 'rana for a 3 count. Was fucking awesome.

Yeah...to be honest, what I have the most fun doing is actually watching the matches even more than playing it. It's surprising how easy it is to mark out, esp. when re-creating various matches. I just got through re-making the Wrestlemania IV tournament, and in my finals Ted DiBiase beat Ricky Steamboat. Even though it was a simmed match, it was actually fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah I suggest checking out the formula section at firepro club . You should check out The Fallen Angel's edit topic , he has some outstanding edits

Does anyone else ever have problems reversing top rope corner moves? I'm in the beginning of a Nigel/Aries match (as Nigel), and Aries got me over into the corner and managed to get a top rope suplex off on me. I'm assuming my reflexes just aren't fast enough, but I've never reversed a top rope corner move. I've had mine reversed (the powerbomb/rana counter alllll the time), but never reversed the NPC top rope corner moves. Grrrr.

EDIT: Whee. Won anyway. Hit Aries with a superkick, picked him up and hit him with an uppercut and then pinned him. I also had The Osirian Portal vs. TFIN, where I was playing as part of TFIN (Lince, it was Lince/Equinox) but we lost because my partner decided instead of breaking up the pinfall, he was going to grapple with Amasis on the outside. Oh well. I'll probably try to have Frightmare/Wicked take the titles from them. Or maybe Brodie/Eddie.

EDIT II: Yaaay! Incoherence are my new campeones. Hilariously enough, I can't for the fucking life of me figure out tagging. I should rephrase that, because I can and did tag out plenty of times in a trios match (Incoherence vs. The Colony), but trying to tag out in tag team matches proved to be difficult for me. How retarded is that? I swear you walk over to your partner and press R1 and it tags you out (or that's how I was doing it in the trios match..) but it wasn't registering, so I had to play the entire match as Frightmare. Got super lucky and submitted Ophidian while Amasis and Wicked were tied up.

Edited by Mael Radec

• 3 years later...

For anyone that wants to play this on their computer all you need is PCSX2,Motionjoy,a PS3 controller and a copy of the game(Or a download, I have the disc so I didn't need to dl it). You can find the instructions to set this all up on youtube and the PCSX2 site.

Since this has resurrected, I have a question about the game.

So there are tons of created characters online for download. Since creating on FPR is tedious and difficult, I always wanted to download some of the customs for that reason.

Now, to make that work on a PS2, you need like a max drive and all this other stuff that I don't want to use and such (I hate 3rd party electronics).

But, old school PS3s, is there an easier way to do that? Like with a USB?

All you need to run this game is a PS2 and a copy of the game. To suggest otherwise would be in stark contrast to our rules. :)

PCSX2 is completely legal providing you own a PS2 for the bios and that you own a hard copy of the game you want to play (Y) Notice how I said "play on their computer".