Hatton vs Mayweather

Liam

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner, and still undefeated is......

• Ricky Hatton
    • Floyd Mayweather
    • .........it's Vegas, chance for more money....give me the draw.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, my boxing knowledge is limited after the 1940s/50s welter and lightweight divisions, but I'm going to go with Mayweather to retain as a gut instinct. I saw him fight against De La Hoya and was impressed, and I think he's going to come out looking to tear into Hatton.

I'm hoping to catch the fight at a bar possibly.

Hatton does enough to win an Uninanimous, which somehow manages to convelute itself into a draw or a split Mayweather win

and when I say win, I mean robbery :shifty:

TALE OF THE TAPE

MAYWEATHER HATTON

5'8 3/4" Height 5'7"

147 lbs. Weight 147 lbs.

72" Reach 65"

16 1/2" Neck 15"

38 1/2" Chest (normal) 37"

39 1/2" Chest (expanded) 39"

12 1/2" Bicep 13"

11" Forearm 9 1/2"

7" Wrist 7"

8" Fist 11 1/2"

31" Waist 30"

22" Thigh 20 1/2"

15" Calf 14 1/2"

9 1/2" Ankle 10"

Sorry that looks all goofy, but I thought this would be relevant for everybody to see. It should still be clear enough for everybody to understand regardless.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I think the problem might be that Mayweather is under-estimating what Hatton brings. If that is the case, than I could see Hatton surprising him and taking him out. However, I'm like 9 to 5, my heart wants Hatton to win, but my head is saying Mayweather, who didn't get where he is being a chump.

Mayweather is undoubtedly the best point scoring boxer there is in the world right now and could easily be right up there in terms of being the all time best point scorer and technician. Hatton is rough, rugged and non-regimental, which is one of the main reasons why he continually underrated by the boxing press, that has changed a little over the last few years but I still don't think there are many people who give Hatton the sort of praise he should really receive. Mayweather will look to stretch this one out, possibly even look to take the fight by decision and if it gets past round eight, I think he'll achieve his goal. Hatton has to look to take out Floyd early, a lot of body work to counteract the bobbing and weaving of Mayweather, should leave Hatton with enough opportunity to finish the fight in one of the middle rounds. I want Hatton to win and have money on him to do so, but its still not something I could be a hundred percent sure on.

With the attitude Mayweather has brought into this compared to Hatton's, I can just see it all going horribly wrong for him. One of those times where the cocky guy going down is a very sweet moment to watch.

However, the two are both incredibly talented. Same as a few have stated now. Heart says Hatton, mind says Mayweather. And both of them say, whatever the result, we're winners for getting such a quality fucking match on our TV's.

Hatton takes the first 3 or 4 rounds, then Mayweather outclasses him. I like Hatton, but Mayweather is in a different class and Hatton cuts far too easily. Cotta/Mayweather and Hatton/De La Hoya will probably be next. Should be a good fight though, it should go the distance I think.

Does anyone know when the fight is scheduled to start?

Not the build up program, but the actual fight, as I don't wan't to get up in the middle of the night to watch two hours of hype beforehand.