Hatton vs Mayweather

Liam

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner, and still undefeated is......

• Ricky Hatton
    • Floyd Mayweather
    • .........it's Vegas, chance for more money....give me the draw.

Bell time should be about 4.30am GMT. Massive night of boxing, Amir Khan making his first defence of the Commonwealth lightweight belt against Graham Earl on ITV1, the rest of the card on ITV4, then SKY have a boxing show they are showing (Hence the SKY programme starting at 11), then its over to the States for the undercard matches, which are apparently looking very good and then its the big one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chatterbox

I think Mayweather is going to win, but i really, really want Hatton to win. Mainly because i like him, he is a nice guy with a nice attitude, while Mayweather is, for lack of better words, a complete and total arsehole.

I see two outcomes:

1) The fight goes the whole way and Mayweather wins.

2) Mayweather underestimates Hatton greatly (which i think has already happened) which leads to Hatton knocking him out.

TKO is the only way i see Hatton winning.

Guest chatterbox

I bet which ever of them lose, the supporters of them will be straight on the internet ranting about how the referee was biased, how the judges were biased and how they were screwed out of the victory. It always happens with a fight of this magnitude.

I have a feeling there are gonna be a lot of cranky Brits tomorrow morning.

I doubt it, this fight is more popular than the normal match but most won't give a shit unless Hatton wins, at which point boxing would become the most popular sport in the country for 20 minutes.

I can't say really one way or the other who I'd pick; the more I think about the fight, the more my mind changes back and forth.

Mayweather has shown that he's the best in the game right now and a lot of that hinges on his ability to tire his opponent out and land key punches when it matters. This game obviously has a lot to do with his wrecked set of hands, so you won't see at any point in this fight both guys teeing off on each other. Floyd is a very conservative fighter and if Hatton lets him dictate and set the pace like DLH did in the later rounds of their fight, Mayweather will win it.

That said, Hatton is an interesting foil to Mayweather stylistically. Where Floyd's game is speed and quickness and outscoring his opponent rather than outpunching him, Hatton is a bully who likes to lock up and shove people around the ring. He's not kind of fighter who lets his opponent set the pace or tone of the fight and he's not going to be passive here. If Hatton has his way, he's going to be on Mayweather mercilessly and I have no idea how Floyd will respond to that kind of pressure. If Mayweather can't keep Hatton outside and lets him in as he's done in the past with guys like Jose Luis Castillo, he's in trouble.

Truth be told, I really want to see Hatton win for a couple of reasons not the least of which is in hopes of seeing Mayweather's insufferable smugness crushed underfoot. I prefer the brawling style over the finesse. Hatton presents a lot more fights that I would want to see than Mayweather does, frankly.

Edited by caucasianheat