Hatton vs Mayweather

Liam

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner, and still undefeated is......

• Ricky Hatton
    • Floyd Mayweather
    • .........it's Vegas, chance for more money....give me the draw.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a truly, unashamedly biased Brit... well done Mayweather. Pure class. Early going, I thought Ricky did well, yeah he didnt connect cleanly enough but he got inside well and pressured Mayweather. The problem was, Mayweather didn't tire... and he matched Hatton on the inside, which is something I didn't think he could do.

Brilliant performance from Mayweather. I've seen a lot of him and that's the best i've seen. He was infinitely better than he was against De La Hoya. This is the first time i've truly rated him as one of the best ever. Very pleasing that Hatton brought the best out of him.

The ref spoiled it a bit early on, the point off was a bit of a joke.. but no excuses, the better fighter won. Before tonight I would've called Mayweather a boxer, not a fighter. But he showed why he is the best there.

Also, it was nice to see him being so gracious in victory... Makes me think that this cocky prick act might be just that, an act. It makes me feel a little better about praising him. And credit to Hatton, who else could take the 1st defeat of their career with a smile on their face, without making excuses? I think he knows that Mayweather was just too good, and there's no shame in being beaten by the best fighter of this generation.

Overall, great fight. Had me on my feet throughout... well worth the money.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Well, kind of glad I didn't stay up for it now.

I was looking forward to it, but only to see Hatton win, not Mayweather.

Ah well, saw the 10th round on Dailymotion earlier, and the way Darkey was commentating it seemed like Mayweather pretty much had Hatton where he wanted him for the length of the fight.

Back to not caring about Boxing again like usual :shifty:

Guest chatterbox

The referee wasn't helping Hatton, and that point deduction was bullshit, but even if you had a better referee i doubt the fight would have been that different. Mayweather just plain out-classed Hatton. That was the strongest i've ever saw him fight, while it was the weakest i've seen Hatton in a while. But it doesn't matter, Hatton gets 10,000,000 for losing, and will probably end up having another big money fight with De La Hoya, because Hatton is not a man i see has taking the defeat that badly. He is a down to Earth guy, and he knew he had to lose sooner or later. The biggest shame though is that, after that performance, people are going to think Hatton is a bad fighter, which he isn't.

Mayweather is a class act, entertaining in and out of the ring. I sort of hope he never loses now, nice legacy.

The fans were class, Americans just can't comprehend English mob-mentality. Outsung in your own city? Give up.

On a side note, Jeff Lacy should just give up. Even since Calzaghe ruined him he looks like a shell of his former-self. Fighting people from a reality TV show won't help anyone.

So I went out to my brothers friends for the fight, they had a little party deal for it. It was a great fight, I really enjoyed everything about it. I felt that we got our moneys worth because the fight went a nice nine rounds, the action was great throughout, and I loved the atmosphere that the English fans helped create in the arena.

Ricky Hatton impressed me, I thought for a minute that he was going to start taking it to Mayweather, but Mayweather hung around and soon took over the fight.

I definitely enjoyed the fight much more than Mayweather/De La Hoya.

Hatton was a step below Mayweather on the night and PBF throughly deserved his win. A couple of points to raise though, why was a title bout sanctioned by a world organisation between American and a British fighter allowed to go ahead with an American referee and three American judges? I couldn't imagine that happening in any other sport. Even international friendlies in football have to have referees and linesmen from a country that isn't participating in the match, how the same can't be true in the boxing arena baffles me at times. Secondly, I can't see how the referee could deduct a point from Hatton for hitting Mayweather in the back of the head, when it was PBF who turned his back on Hatton in the first place. Turning your back on an opponent can be accepted by the referee as a boxer forfeiting the match, yet it was Hatton who got punished for it.

Edited by NBT

NBT, I didn't see the fight, so I can't answer to your second point. With your first point, I agree with you, and the only two 'defenses' I could see to it are, one, boxing is fucking corrupt anyway, and two, the match was in England, correct? Home game for Hatton, the judges could be to even the playing field, so to speak. Either way, it should have been impartial judges, or at least a mix. The ref, I'm not to concerned about.