Official Newcastle United Thread

Gazz

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It is... but I hope it helps Barton take stock of his life and help him appreciate what he has. I hope he grows from this, because it's a waste of ability and of a life to be just a complete and utterly chavtastic moron.

Barton will always be a decent football who is a total scumbag with a scumbag family.

It's just testament to Newcastle signing players who are proven and good at the time - but just either can't stay fit, don't have it right in the head off the pitch or just can't adjust.

He's a decent player, but something like this was always going to happen with Barton. That's the risk you run when you sign him though.

To be honest we've had a hell of a lot of bad luck regarding signings for the past several years. It's either player's who are in their peak who go down the shitter in a few months time or players with bags of potential who turn out to be completely average (Steven Carr, possibly Andy Carroll in the next few years) I'm just hoping that Dennis Wise will find some awesome new players in the next few years like with leeds (fucking scumbags) only i'm sure it was actually Poyet who was responsible for scouting >_<

It's kind of annoying to say this but if Barton had been brought up in a far stricter regime of football then he'd have still been an agressive little fuck, but an agressive little fuck who knows how to control himself. He'd have benifited from being kicked about in Man Utd or something, Allerdyce never looked like the sort of person who'd be strict enough to control him.

• 1 month later...

A flurry of recent posts seem to have been lost in the great post massicre of '08

So currently the Newcastle Transfer dealings this summer has gone like

In

• Guthrie from Liverpool
  • Jonas Gutirez from Real Mallorcia

With James Milner, Alan Smith, Charles N'Zogbia and Joey Barton rumoured to be leaving

How do fellow Newcastle fans like this new approach of... not giving away anything to stop other teams nicking players? Until Jonas was signed there wasn't a single hint of him ever going to Newcastle, and as for Guthrie: if Liverpool hadn't blatently let the news out before it happened then that would also have been a surprise.

The only problem with this is that it's becoming a nightmare to keep pressing F5 on the Sky Sports transfer page to see if anything new has come out of the blue.

What do Liverpool, Bolton fans think of Guthrie? He looks like a solid defensive player and will no doubt be shat on from a great height if he doesn't score a goal this coming season.

What do Newcastle fans think might be the next signing? Considering every other signing so far has been unexpected it's becoming tricky to predict anything that might be coming next. Or do you think this might be the last signing, focussing more on building the current squad's confidence for the next season?

Guthrie looked good when he played for Bolton last season, was pretty good at building attacking moves up from the back and keeping the ball. Then again when surrounded by Bolton players it'd take something special not to look decent :shifty:

• 1 month later...

I'd imagine it has something to do with Keegan stating he needs at least four new players and this was before we sold Milner. That leaves us with a - desperate - need for at least five proven players. Instead, we become the proving ground for some random from Valencia and bring Xisco on board.

It leaves the squad so shallow in depth that any injuries or suspensions will screw us over harshly. I've seen the Toon pull some right shit over the years but the club is in a right state at the moment and with Dennis Wise favourite to take over the manager's job, I'm becoming rather pissed off with it all. For the first time in 15 years I've stopped caring. What else can Mike Ashley do to fuck this club up?

Next up are the calls for Shearer to get the manager's seat and even that is a prospect I don't much look forward to. A sad day for Newcastle.

Had this news not happened it would have been the most positive transfer window for some time for Newcastle fans, getting rid of players who didn't want to play there, securing talented kids who do want to be there etc.

If Wise comes in then naturally I'll avoid all football for a good month or so until the entire shitstorm has calmed down

My god the BBC are harsh...

"Newcastle are 11th in the Premier League having picked up just four points from their opening three games."

JUST 4 points? They neglected to mention that they've faced Arsenal and Man Utd in that time. It wasn't as if Keegan quit/was sacked because of poor league form.