The Anime Thread

Ruki

Yeah, Negima's manga version isn't so bad but still far from the greatest piece Japan has ever spawned. The anime starts to get a lil' better later on though it still is dull and is easy to get distracted by some thing else & stop watching. Main reason I've stuck it out and watched as much as I have is because one of the anime clubs my spouse & I go to airs it. And, yes Norro, we mock it too, much to the dismay of all the otakus in there that worship it.

NEW AVATAR EPISODES!

Boiling Rock Part 1

I didn't think there was anything too spectacular about this episode, but it was solid. I like that Zuko is seemingly becoming more a part of the group, and I like that they can do an episode with very little focus on Aang.

Boiling Rock Part 2

Absolutely fantastic. I'd say that this is the best episode of the season so far. It demonstrates the turning point of the war against the Fire Nation with both Mai and Ty Lee turning on Azula. There's also quite a few funny tidbits in there. The battle scene on top of the cable car was nothing short of awesome. Zuko and Sokka working together like that was something surreal. Part 1 was nothing more than build-up for this episode, and it did it's job very well.

REALLY?! THERE ARE?! OOOOH GOD I'M AT WORK AND CAN'T WATCH THEM THIS IS UTTER BOLLOCKS >_<

I'm seeing Iron Man later today, that'll distract me from this until I get home and then I'm totally going to catch them. Thanks, by the way, for putting those in spoilers Ruki... as long as I've been waiting, I'm not gonna spoil it for myself for once xD

REALLY?! THERE ARE?! OOOOH GOD I'M AT WORK AND CAN'T WATCH THEM THIS IS UTTER BOLLOCKS >_<

I'm seeing Iron Man later today, that'll distract me from this until I get home and then I'm totally going to catch them. Thanks, by the way, for putting those in spoilers Ruki... as long as I've been waiting, I'm not gonna spoil it for myself for once xD

Uhhhh, yeah. No problem. <_<

Shit, sorry Momo. I'm always confusing you and Ruki because the two of you had the same avatar awhile back I think, though I could be mistaken. In any case, yeah, still haven't watched them, so I'm still appreciative of those spoilers >_>

Went to the bookstore today. Still no Yotsuba&! vol 6. I had the cashier check the computer and they don't even have any copies in the warehouse, yet it was supposed to have come out in February. Grr.

I had a 25% off one item coupon that runs out tomorrow; fortunately Princess Resurrection volume 3 is out, so I picked that up.

The copies have all been torched. Seriously, I'm telling you. >_>

I've been counting all our DVDs, books etc. today in order to help work out an insurance figure to cover our 'Personal Contents'. Between my girlfriend and I we have precisely 264 mangas. I lot of which I've only read once, damn it.

All of hers are shit, of course. :shifty: Actually, not the Ranma ones. Just all the others.

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

So, um, I finally got to see the first of the Neon Genesis Evangelion 'remake' movies (only took, what, 8 months since its theatrical release in Japan?) - 'Evangelion 1.0 - Rebuild'.

It seems to cover roughly up to the end of episode #6 from the series (specifically since it gets to the bit at the end with Shinji getting Rei to smile). There is, however, a fuckload of bits and pieces that REALLY shouldn't be happening for at least 10 episodes or so - the most obvious of which being:

a) LILITH. Wait, Misato knows about Lilith already? In fact, the whole 'Level EEE' thing was bizarre and new. And Shinji being shown Lilith at this early stage rather does shatter the whole "no really, the Second Impact was an asteroid, wink-wink nudge-nudge" thing they had going well into the original series.

b) KAWORU. As a guy who appears for precisely one episode (#24) of the original series, introducing him at this stage is particularly interesting. Is he even allowed to turn up early given...uh...certain other things haven't happened yet? >_>

c) There is one line in the post-credits 'preview' (it's awesome that it kept those) that makes zero sense to me in any single connotation:

"And then, EVA Unit-06 and its pilot come down from the Moon."

What? WHAT?!

In the anime, EVA Units-05 and -06 are mentioned as being "under construction in Germany", but are never actually seen. My one thought is that they could possibly have Kaworu assigned as the pilot of EVA-06. He doesn't get to properly pilot anything in the TV series, but in the mangas he serves as a brief replacement for Asuka in EVA-02. But then, since he's been thrown forward to the start of the series then Asuka's going to still be around so...AGH, madness!

I guess I'll just have to wait another year for movie 2.0, 'Division'. Typical that even in a remake, Evangelion manages to bring the confusion aplenty and the likelihood of immediate answers seems decidedly slim. ¬_¬

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

Oh God. How do you cope?

If you look at the two characters of Takumi and Nana ('Hachi') Komatsu from NANA, that's me and my girlfriend right there. Except for the part where I'm a womanising dick who then gets her pregnant. Everything else, that's us. :shifty:

So, those new Avatar episodes? Really fucking good.

Momo: hell yeah, that top-of-the-cable-car fight scene was immense. Zuko and Sokka need to fight alongside each other more often, I couldn't believe how well they were doing against Azula.

Mai's face turn was amazingly sudden, but even moreso, Ty Lee's was just... stunning. It's awesome to see them pulling off of this stuff off, this show has been progressively getting better and it's really good to see that after all this time waiting, well, it was certainly worth the wait.

Code Geass R2 Episode 5 (can't be bothered with spoilers because I only want to make two generic points):

- Fan Service level has increased, again. Sigh. Even touching on GAINAX levels on occasion...

- As far as the end of the episode goes? [Akbar] IT'S A TRAP!! [/Akbar]

You cunning bastard, Suzaku.

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

So, um, I finally got to see the first of the Neon Genesis Evangelion 'remake' movies (only took, what, 8 months since its theatrical release in Japan?) - 'Evangelion 1.0 - Rebuild'.

It seems to cover roughly up to the end of episode #6 from the series (specifically since it gets to the bit at the end with Shinji getting Rei to smile). There is, however, a fuckload of bits and pieces that REALLY shouldn't be happening for at least 10 episodes or so - the most obvious of which being:

a) LILITH. Wait, Misato knows about Lilith already? In fact, the whole 'Level EEE' thing was bizarre and new. And Shinji being shown Lilith at this early stage rather does shatter the whole "no really, the Second Impact was an asteroid, wink-wink nudge-nudge" thing they had going well into the original series.

b) KAWORU. As a guy who appears for precisely one episode (#24) of the original series, introducing him at this stage is particularly interesting. Is he even allowed to turn up early given...uh...certain other things haven't happened yet? >_>

c) There is one line in the post-credits 'preview' (it's awesome that it kept those) that makes zero sense to me in any single connotation:

"And then, EVA Unit-06 and its pilot come down from the Moon."

What? WHAT?!

In the anime, EVA Units-05 and -06 are mentioned as being "under construction in Germany", but are never actually seen. My one thought is that they could possibly have Kaworu assigned as the pilot of EVA-06. He doesn't get to properly pilot anything in the TV series, but in the mangas he serves as a brief replacement for Asuka in EVA-02. But then, since he's been thrown forward to the start of the series then Asuka's going to still be around so...AGH, madness!

I guess I'll just have to wait another year for movie 2.0, 'Division'. Typical that even in a remake, Evangelion manages to bring the confusion aplenty and the likelihood of immediate answers seems decidedly slim. ¬_¬

...From what I've read, it's meant to be an alternate telling anyway, so I expected things to be different. :unsure:

Somehow... I don't see it happening >_<

Also... Viletta/Ougi thing is interesting and will hopefully will make it interesting. Unless you know... well... without spoiling. But... yeah. I don't think they will.

I should use spoilers and be more coherent.

Shit, sorry Momo. I'm always confusing you and Ruki because the two of you had the same avatar awhile back I think, though I could be mistaken. In any case, yeah, still haven't watched them, so I'm still appreciative of those spoilers >_>

We have never had the same avatar. Same series, yes, but never the same avatar. Although he did make this one for me...and by make, I mean resize :shifty: