The Anime Thread

Ruki

Norro, I just watched the first episode of Soul Eater and enjoyed it. Are you happy now?

Not until you watch the rest, bitch.

And your reliance on torrents amuses me. Go to veoh.com and type "Soul Eater" in the search bar and you could watch them all in one day. Honestly, not everything is answered through torrents >_>

We also have Veoh (when I say we, I mean my girlfriend, who uses it mainly to watch live-action Japanese dramas that try to be as anime-like as they can...in other words, camp as hell :shifty:), but I've not been inclined to use it. Generally I'm never lacking in the a) disc space or b) time to download a torrent (not than a single episode takes very long anyway...nor much disc space, come to think of it) and I like to actually have the video left over at the end in the likely event that I want to watch it again some time - or even burn the thing onto disc and watch it via my XBox 360 and the shiny shiny 32" LCD screen attached to it, which I find myself doing more and more these days with shows I like.

Except Soul Eater. Because, you know, I don't. :P

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

I have difficulty watching anything on my computer....I get distracted. Hence the me downloading, burning and watching on the DVD player. Although I am pissed off...the left side of my headphones seemed to have stopped working....

About half way through FMP:F, then FMP:SR, and then I dunno what....I'll throw in Soul Eater randomly when I am bored on the computer.

Hey, I may be thoroughly elitist, but I'm not completely anti-mainstream! :P Like...uh...FMA! That was mainstream, dammit.

Plus, what GoGo said. :shifty:

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

Oh. Okay then.

I mean, honestly I'm pretty fine with Naruto; at its best Kishimoto was good at creating a good supporting cast (aside from female characters, which he's gotten progressively worse at writing to the point where he outright admits that he sucks at writing women well these days) and plotting out excellent fight scenes. The Chuunin Exam was absolutely the peak of his ability, with everything since that just sort of going from okay to meh once you hit post-timeskip aside from a couple of characters he introduces here and there.

But really, one of these years once the anime gets to Sasuke vs. Deidara (and at this rate that'll be 2009 maybe) I'd love to see anyone on EWB try to defend how unfathomably bad it's gotten. Really, truly horrible.

It stopped showing on TV after the Byakugan mirror-match in the Chuunin Qualifiers. Are you saying that I'm missing the best of it? :(

Edited by Plubby

... I can't recall anymore. Is Rock Lee vs. Gaara before or after Neji vs. Hinata? Because that is the best Naruto gets, quite frankly.

I saw both of those. I believe Neji vs Hinata comes last.

No, the last match of the qualifiers is Chouji vs. Dosu.

EDIT: In fact, I just checked; Lee vs. Gaara does come after Hinata vs. Neji.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Soul Eater episode two down...and from the previews of Episode 1...I was expecting Black Star to be all fucking bad ass and stuff, but I loved his fight!

Also, Death The Kid (that's his name, eh?) seems like he will be a fun little character.

I also love how they are killing historic characters like Jack the Ripper, Al Capon, and Lupin.
Edited by Ruki

Yeah. Raws are on Mondays, the translations usually are out between Tuesday and Thursday.