The Anime Thread

Ruki

Geass spoilers pertaining to the same spoilers that Stokerino said which only Series 2ers will really know, and some 1ers depending on how far through you are! Don't risk it!

Noticed how I used :wub: as opposed to "loved", so we don't spoil that she's dead. And the sad face was in reference to the fact I love a drawing.

I love a drawing :(

Edited by IAceI

I already know Euphie dies. >_> I'm really bad about spoiling things for myself. Oh well.

I'm just getting up to that episode now.

Yup.

Geass permanently activates, Lelouch jokes about slaughtering the Japanese, bloody massacre, he has to kill Euphie. Right?

Edited by Cloudy 'N Crackers

Hey, I still have actually watching it all go down - which should be fun (Y)

EDIT:

Two things:

a) Holy shit, that was intense. Even spoiling myself didn't, uhm, spoil that. If that makes sense. Which I doubt >_>

b) I forgot to mention, Toudou and the Four Holy Swords are awesome.

Oh, and Gottwald just got sooo much better in episode 25. "I.. I.. I have a request! Could you die?" Hahaha. Great. Welp, time to move on to R2.

the moments I really hated in Geass r1

Geass on Shirley. She'd been through so much with her dad and mao and it just seemed very wrong of him to do that. Sure maybe she wasn't best for him and knowing who he is but I hated it. plus she got mindfucked again in r2 by the emperor sigh.

The Euphy slaughter, just a sad moment. I hated the Shirley moment more as this one lead to something while the other was unnecessary. I hope Cornelia's return is done well, it'd be nice if she actually tried to talk to Lelouch or she could be trying to find out who killed his mother on her own.

As regards the Shirley moment: he felt (rightly) guilty and did what he thought was best for her without at all thinking it through. It was bloody idiotic, of course, but I could at least see his justification.

She's their main fan service character. They always boost the fan service up to 8 or 9 on the volume control (it does go up to 11, but the number 11's been crossed out and replaced with the word 'GAINAX') at the start of second series in order to hook the casual fans who might say "I don't know what's going on, can't be bothered to catch up...OOH BREASTS". :shifty:

At least sometimes it's amusing, like Lelouch in Episode 3 of R1 with "You know I can see everything, right?" and then later on (I think in early R2 or late R1.. how terrible, I just finished watching most of those episodes and can't remember) when she gets out of the shower and has the towel wrapped around her defending Zero and CC makes some remark about "We can see you." to which Kallen screams and hides. That was amusing. >_>

But yay, I'm finally all caught up. Kinda. I just need to see Episode 9 of R2 now.

Yeah no.

Also Nina's finally kinda annoying. Kinda. I'm in the middle of Episode 9 of R2 and she's a bit annoying.. but before this she hasn't really been as annoying as everyone would lead me to believe. Not at all.

EDIT: So after watching episode 9, I have to say that

Gottwald's new look is awesome, with the gold half-mask and all. Xing-Ke is all sorts of fucking awesome, and oh, how many crazies are there in this show? Seriously. Gottwald's crazy. Suzaku. Lelouch. Nina. Schneizel seems to be a more subtle kind of crazy, but still crazy. I mean, jeez. With all the craziness in their world I'm not surprised Lelouch is just as batshit as everyone else.

Oh, and Nina is nowhere as annoying as comments would lead me to believe. Oh, yeah, she's a bit annoying, granted, but I was lead to believe by the comments about her that she was a terrible, constant annoyance and perhaps even a hinderance to the show itself but.. no.

Ahhh now that I'm all caught up I'm going to have to wait like everyone else for new episodes every week..

Dear oh dear, Cloudy. With reading all these spoilers ahead of time one wonders how you'll have any enjoyment left.

My "friends" spoiled that part for me. They were looking through some magazine they got at Otakon with a bunch of Geass pics and talked about her and what happens. And then I was like "I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THERE YET"

I knew something happened to Euphie and that she was going to die, but I didn't know how in particular. It was such a fantastic gutpunch, man.

Well, then again, the first three episodes are basically the first book of the manga, which was just an introduction to the series. Nonetheless, while I can see why you'd think the first three are meh, I still loved them >_>

That being said though you'll love the later episodes, the show's been picking up steam very fast.

My work colleague Yumi (who is Japanese and can so read Japanese news sites) informs me that Ms. Rumiko Takahashi has finally decided to bring the Inu Yasha manga to an end.

THANK. FUCKING. CHRIST.