The Anime Thread

Ruki

Boooo... all I can find is R2 of Geass. :angry: I even tried looking for episodes on Veoh and almost all of them were R2, or episodes I've seen. Or I'd find episode __ but not the following episode but then I'd find the episode after the following episode and rarrr.

"It's common for people to break one or two pyramids."

Awesome, just awesome. Norro, thank you for telling me about Soul Eater! It's amazing! I love Patty, her and Liz's fight scene against the Mummies was pretty awesome too.

Isn't it, Ruki? Isn't it just?

And it just keeps getting better, trust me on that one. I'm honestly getting antsy about the latest episode's release... the raw's been out, and I really wanna see the subbed version already, gah.

FRANKEN STEIN AND DEATH SCYTHE FIGHT SCENE WITH THE CRAZY BLACK-BLOOD KID?! AND THE WITCH THAT'S CONTROLLING HIM?! DAMN IT, SUBS, WHERE ARE YOU? I WANT TO SEE THIS!

I'll probably watch episode 4 and maybe 5 tomorrow. But earlier today I finished up FMP:F.

Stoker and anyone else, Second Raid, compairing it to the original, how good is it?

Wanna know whats scary? One of the females I live with is obsessed with ANime. This would be alright, if it was decent Anime.

Instead I'm being forced by an angry 16 year old female with a creative imagination and obsession over methods she can cause palm to parts of my body using certain regular household items, to sit down and watch things like Card Captor Sakura, Please Teacher/Twins and just last night Vampire Knight.

I'm sure it'll get better soon enough, but right now its 'nod and smile' time.

Ruki: Second Raid walks all over the original series and bitchslaps it back to the Stone Age. It is quintessential FMP.

Wanna know whats scary? One of the females I live with is obsessed with ANime. This would be alright, if it was decent Anime.

Instead I'm being forced by an angry 16 year old female with a creative imagination and obsession over methods she can cause palm to parts of my body using certain regular household items, to sit down and watch things like Card Captor Sakura, Please Teacher/Twins and just last night Vampire Knight.

I'm sure it'll get better soon enough, but right now its 'nod and smile' time.

Stokerina is obsessed with Vampire Knight. But then she's obsessed with vampires, full stop.

Please Teacher/Twins is trash. Obviously.

Card Captor Sakura is AWESOME. :@

Just saw this on ANN:

ADV Says Yotsuba&!, Other Manga Are Still Coming

Chris Oarr, the sales and marketing representative of the North American distributor A.D. Vision, has told the Ain't It Cool News website that the ADV Manga division is still active and will ship the long-delayed later volumes of Yotsuba&! and other manga. ADV Manga originally slated the sixth volume for Yotsuba&! for February 29, but the last volume to actually be printed and released was the fifth one in October. Oarr expressed hope that ADV can schedule new volumes of Yotsuba&!, Gunslinger Girl, and Cromartie High School "soon." Oarr added that the schedules changes were due to ADV "facing a time where we have to concentrate on our core business, which is anime."

*shakes fist* You'd fucking better!

Edited by stokeriño

I tried reading the first volume of the manga and couldn't even finish it. It also seems to share Trigun (as a manga)'s fondness for completely incomprehensible fight scenes due to the art style.

I think Nightow has a little notebook where he writes "my art + superfluous action lines = 2getha 4eva ♥♥♥" or something.

I'm going to be forced to watch Trinity Blood. Quickly! I need opinions. Should I resist? Should I go along with it? What's the consensus on this show I'm aware of yet know nothing about?

Has about 7-8 good episodes. The rest is just annoying, and the plot development could be summarized with like 1-2 lines of dialogue in a later episode.

RAWR! Almost finished episode 7, then my computer decided it wanted to turn off.....then I had to leave for work. So, I have about 5 minutes left of the episode to watch.

Edit: DAMMIT NORRO! THIS IS WHY I LIKE TO WAIT UNTIL ANIME IS DONE! THEN I CAN WATCH IN BULK! RAWR! NEED EPISODE 8! Downloading now.....

Edited by Ruki

Seeing Medusa being one of the teachers seems like it's been done before, but i've felt that way already about this show, and was pleasantly wrong. I hope that happens again.

Still, another great fight, if not a bit over before it began. The blood staying in air just so it can turn into a thousand little spikes to attack Stein were pretty sweet. And the girl with the pink hair reminds me of a Dr. Suess cartoon for some reason.

And just when you think Black Star is taking a week off, he comes in to steal the show!

Next Thursday is SOOOO long away. Edited by VinnyT

That "girl" is actually a young boy, Vinny, believe it or not.

AND YES, NEXT WEEK, EXCALIBUR, BLACK STAR, DEATH THE KID, ABSOLUTE LOVE!!! GAAAAAAHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!

Ruki: Yeah, that scene is absolutely amazing, isn't it? I love the line that follows, too, "Oops, sorry, my finger slipped."

Medusa being the witch should be very interesting though, if you think about it. She's completely hidden from Stein, Spirit and even Shinigami-Sama, and her soul is... well, I'd say it's about, what... a third the size of Shinigami-Sama's? Maybe a fourth? I mean it looked huge, but Shinigami-Sama's was just waaaaay too freakin' big.

In any case, I like the way they handled the fight. Death Scythe's look is remarkably simple, I love it, and Stein... man, you could tell they were showing him holding back, it was like he was studying the kid and everything going on the whole time. There's no way he put forth his full force into that fight, he even held back on the Resonance of Souls attack with Death Scythe just enough so that they could take out Medusa's attack.

Honestly though, I think he was just mostly concerned about getting them dispatched so they could get Soul helped on, which leads me to my next question... who else sees Soul fighting with the corruption in his bloodstream and eventually overcoming it for Maka's sake?

That's actually a guy with pink hair. A bit weird, and he apparently has no idea how to deal with ANYTHING. And his weapon, not Ragnarok (although creepy), is pretty cool and funny. And my god, Black Star...seriously! That was amazing, I laughed.

And you'd think that Shinigami would be powerful enough to bypass a Soul Protect spell and know it was Medusa........Oh snap, heel turn from Shinigami-sama? I doubt it, but still. Can't wait for next week!

And I've come to the conclusion that I like AEN subs (episodes 1-7) more than Tadashi's. I took the first one I could find though :shifty: Dammit Norro! getting me hooked on this series! At least I was able to get someone else hooked.

Edit: Dammit Norro, posting before me.

I see Soul going evil for a few episodes, turning his back on everyone and joining Medusa and the greater evil (whoever that may be). And of course he'll come back over after having a one sided fight against Maka, who refuses to even attempt an attack. She'll be dying, saying something all deep and meaningful, and then Soul will break free to save her.

....that, or his man-love for Black Star will bring him back to the side of light.

Edited by Ruki

Honestly, I'm thinking it's going to be a throwback to what Soul did with the cat Blair. He's going to appear to be corrupted and evil for a few episodes, and in the big final encounter, as he's next to Medusa, he double-crosses her and uses the power he's gained from the blood within him to make himself even stronger. Maka comes in and they unleash a grievous strike against Medusa that, while it might not kill her, seriously wounds her and weakens her to be killed off probably by a group effort, or something.

If they really want Maka and Soul to wind up getting the big victory over her though, I think they'd finish her off after Soul double-crosses her.

In any case, I really want to see Shinigami-Sama fight, so I'm pulling for a scenario to open up where he's forced into fighting and shows his own true power. I'm thinking what might happen is the Demon God's going to be reborn and forces Shinigami-Sama to face off with it, while the rest of the gang are left fighting Medusa and Krona. Demon God winds up getting the best of Shinigami-Sama, then Kid comes in and finishes the Demon God off, Shinigami-Sama dies and Kid takes over or something.

Dunno, I could see it happening, but it almost seems too overdone, really. I'm sure there'll be a better ending then that :P
Edited by The Mask of Norro