The Anime Thread

Ruki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRCzbBB99E

1) This is amazing

2) Does anyone recognize the songs used? I recognize a song from a Mega Man(X?) game, Lucky Star, and Super Mario World.

Finally got to watch this, since I can't access Youtube at work. It is astounding. More to the point, picking out the anime songs is driving my girlfriend and I (moreso her) nuts.

What we have managed to come up with, anyway:

1:05 - 1:35 - Haruhi Suzumiya Ending Theme (Hare Hare Yukai)

4:09 - 4:27 - Bokurano Opening Theme (Uninstall)

4:27 - 4:47- AIR TV Opening Theme (Tori no Uta)

7:02 - 7:27 - Haruhi Suzumiya, Rock Festival song (God Knows)

7:27 - 7:47 - Lucky Star Opening Theme (Motteke! Sailor Fuku)

8:02 - 8:27 - Sousei no Aquarion Opening Theme (Sousei no Aquarion)

And if anyone can identify 4:47 - 5:12 in particular, it would save me a headache. :shifty: I tried downloading the mp3 from him to help, but it only comes with the distracting Mario blippy sounds included.

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

Inuyasha had a terrible ending and was so repetitive and boring. you'd think after going that long it could atleast have an ending? nope.

Geass R2 Ep 6: if you hadn't noticed, season 2 is mirroring season 1 pretty hard, so chances of Zero getting his knightmare frame back anytime soon aren't good. Todou could really use a new mech or even Oghi. then they could be more useful, especially with the k nights of the round around.

So. As you all know, I'm a massive Gurren Lagann mark, and so I've asked myself, "After Gurren Lagann, what should I try next?"

I've not yet sank my teeth into Code Geass, but Lorina like it for the most part, so there's that. I've heard of animes here and there, but no other ones have really piqued my interest yet.

Enter "Soul Eater".

This anime is actually very, very, very, very good. I'd second it only to Gurren Lagann in terms of just how good this anime is in my eyes. Seriously, the character design, the dialogue, everything about it thus far is downright amazing. The atmosphere of the show and the fact that they even use real life historical figures in the show, too, makes it all quite surreal, but yet it completely works.

The world that Square-Enix (YES, It's a Square-Enix anime! It's AWESOME :D) has created for itself, in just the first five episodes that have been released so far (Yeah, so you guys don't have to play catch up that much at all, actually), has proven that they've found a very good formula and they're working with it wonderfully.

Moreover, the soundtrack thus far sounds like it draws quite a bit from Gurren Lagann, yet still maintains its own flavor and style. Not bad at all.

Because I'm lazy and in a hurry at the moment, rather than give you my own synopsis, I'll give you Wikipedia's, as it's basically correct:

Soul Eater primarily revolves around students known as meisters or technicians at the Shinigami Weapon Meister Vocational School, or Shibusen for short, located in Death City. The school is run by Shinigami, the God of Death himself, as a training facility for weapons created by shinigami and the human wielders of those weapons, the meisters. Each meister has at least one demon weapon companion which has both a weapon and human form. Shinigami created the school as an organization that enforces peace in order to prevent the rebirth of the "kishin", evil demon gods that nearly destroyed everything by plunging the world into chaos.

Human souls that have become evil by straying from the path of humans have a high risk of becoming kishin, so evil humans are constantly being hunted down and killed by the students trained at Shibusen. The ultimate goal of the students with their weapons is to have their weapons defeat and eat the souls of ninety-nine evil human souls and one witch's soul which will dramatically increase the power of the given weapon and thus be capable of being used by shinigami. In order to ensure this is done in a timely manner, all students and weapons attend classes regularly and are given homework or supplementary lessons to further their training. The meisters have a rating system that goes from one to three stars which usually measures soul energy. It is important that the meister and weapon can tune their "soul frequency" to perform high level attacks and bring out the weapon's full power.

And let me say it in advance: the character Death the Kid is by and large the most unique and refreshing character in an anime that I've seen in quite awhile. I've yet to see someone with a character quirk quite like his, and when you all see it, you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, the anime's going to be 51 episodes long, and right now is coming up on its 6th episode (episodes air every Monday). Better to pick it up now and follow along then to have to play catch up later, I say (Y)

I haven't watched it yet because my girlfriend's parents were down to visit yesterday, and they stayed in the spare room that has the computer in it.

That spoiler sounds thoroughly entertaining. >_>

THE BLACK KNIGHTS ARE IN PERIL.

Will Zero/Lulu appear and make it all okay?.... Well what do you think?

I dunno, he did fuck up huge that one time.

Yay for anime conventions! Didn't get a chance to see any of the anime showings, was too busy doing other things....like watch AMVs :shifty:

Watching them...I thought....what if us, at EWB were to create a AMV in the style of AMV Hell? Thoughts?

Yay for anime conventions! Didn't get a chance to see any of the anime showings, was too busy doing other things....like watch AMVs :shifty:

Watching them...I thought....what if us, at EWB were to create a AMV in the style of AMV Hell? Thoughts?

Speaking of anime conventions. My girlfriend said the following two sentences to me today "There's an anime con in Durham(an hour away) this weekend." and "You're going as Edward Elric." <_<

Episode 6 of Soul Eater's up... this show keeps getting better and better.

Seriously, just hilarious, especially the scene with Black Star and Soul's emotional split-up and reunion, and Death the Kid's "fingers slipping". Just wonderful.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6813816ymdfyyY...864&rank=10

Seriously, you guys should start checking it out. I heard episode 7's being worked on subbing, and it's all available on veoh thus far. Then report back and, when you hit the episode that he debuts in (I think it's 3), come and comment on how amazing Death the Kid is >_>

I should also note that the ridiculously hard-to-read subtitles stop after the first episode, so just grin and bear with it. The 2nd episode is slightly better for subs, and the third kicks off from there.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

... I'm so sorry. I'm not convinced I've ever seen a good Edward Elric cosplayer, you poor bastard.

Yeah... I mean, I got the hair going, not quite as long, though. She's already got the jacket, gloves and watch. She's working on the shirt/sub-jacket, and yeah, I'm gonna look terrible. Check the picture thread on monday!

I remember when my girlfriend was saying "you could cosplay as Mustang" back when my hair was that length. That was a couple of years ago, of course. Now she believes I would would suit a stint as Jin from Samurai Champloo (his hair being longer than you think, as evidenced by the final episode) or quite often [some Vampire] from her current obsession, Vampire Knight. Not that any of this is relevant outside of her little head. It'll never happen. :shifty:

Also, having managed to see Code Geass 7 now:

All the obligatory I'VE LOST MY PURPOSE angst was worth it for yet another display of tactical brilliance at the end (bubbles!). Lelouch running rings around the military are always the best bits.
Edited by Gul Stokeriño

Not that any of this is relevant outside of her little head. It'll never happen. :shifty:

It's already happened, hasn't it? Don't feel bad, I know how it goes...

"Omg! You'd look sooo hot as ______. And I got _____'s outfit right here!"

"I dunno..."

"Please?'

"I don't think I wanna..."

"Hey! I do wonderful things to your penis on a regular basis!"

"... Dammit! You got me. Help me put the wig on."

" :w00t: I'll go put on my Chun-Li outfit!"

It would be the "I got his outfit right here" bit where it all falls down. Her standards are too high to buy any tacky pre-made costumes and she hasn't the money/time to be bothered making them herself. Consequently I have never suffered any cosplay misery and hopefully never shall.