The Anime Thread

Ruki

"EUPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh fuck off already.

Oh and the Eunuchs are fucking annoying. I didn't realise they'd all been twatted in the balls.

Although Xing-Ke is obviously bad ass, and I like Tianzi as a minor character at the minute.

VV cameo and

GOTTWALD!!!

Yeah I'm about to start watching more of the episodes from there. I started to watch one of them the other day but I got distracted and it happened to be the episode that aired on Adult Swim anyway, so I just watched it on AS that night.

And after doing a bit of research I'm only just now getting around to the formation of The Black Knights.

EDIT: In episode 10, what the hell was that that the Guren Mk. II did to Jeremiah's Knightmare?

Edited by Cloudy 'N Crackers

So, Turn 9!

O-oh the massive douchebaggery in this one. Nina needs to be shot. I was even hoping against hope that maybe Schniezel's awesome would have taught her something, but no. Complete nutcase, now with added racism and bitchiness towards her old friends!

Schniezel's my new favorite magnificent bastard in Geass, though. Fuck Lelouch, he doesn't have shit on his big brother, who not only manages to be a manipulative prick, but does it without the high school drama student hand gestures and evil laugh. Dude is slick.

XingKe vaults right up ahead of Gino as my favorite R2 character, too. What a badass and I hope he gets some measure of revenge because this is right up there with fucking over the Japanese general who asked for Zero's help in terms of Shit Lelouch Has Done That Really Makes Him Just As Much of a Prick As the Villains He Faces (Euphie doesn't quite count, because he didn't mean for that and what kind of life could she have led after that.).

Also, hahahaha Gottwald. WHAT SPECIAL PARTS UPGRADE DO YOU HAVE NOW, ORANGE-KUN.

But.. but.. YOU CAN'T BE EVIL WITHOUT HAND GESTURES AND THE LAUGH. It's.. it's a rule..

And hasn't Nina always been racist? She's always had that weird fear of Elevens.

But.. but.. YOU CAN'T BE EVIL WITHOUT HAND GESTURES AND THE LAUGH. It's.. it's a rule..

And hasn't Nina always been racist? She's always had that weird fear of Elevens.

... oh. Nevermind, then, you're right, I'd forgotten about that. Augh, Nina.

Yeah, 'cause when Suzaku started going to Ashford in R1 at first she was almost terrified of him. And does Gottwald get any more interesting in the end of R1/in R2? I read that he was initially going to be killed off but he was really popular with Geass fans so he was brought back - which I find hard to believe because so far he's been a big bore.

He's a psychotic nutcase villain very much in the vein of Dilandau from Escaflowne. You either love or hate those kind of characters.

Personally, I think he's awesome. Especially the way he talked in the past tense when they brought him back the first time.

I find him to be pretty hilarious. It's not that I really like him in particular, but the fact that he just won't die entertains me as I love those characters.

....Squidward was there?!

Yeah, what episode is this, with Squidward?

Squidward makes a cameo appearance in episode 12 as a crewmember of the Dai-Gunkai. Seriously, check it out... it's hilarious, he's just sitting there in the background, screaming at the top of his lungs.

We've also seen cameos by Asuka and Rei from Evangelion: here, here, and here. And ohgod, Rei is smiling broadly.

In fact, quite a few GAINAX female characters cameo'd in Gurren Lagan. And again, Decepticon and Autobot logo cameos in two raids during the show. Just awesome.

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=b84hjUybCqQ&feature=related

Not the best quality, but around 50 seconds into the video, in the middle of the right corner of the screen, there's Squidward. He's more recognizable when you're watching it on a higher quality video of the episode though.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

I find him to be pretty hilarious. It's not that I really like him in particular, but the fact that he just won't die entertains me as I love those characters.

He is a bit funny, I'll admit. Especially his reaction to being called "Orange".

EDIT: Wow, Episode 19 of R1 is fanservicey. So, um, will it be explained later why Euphemia randomly gets naked and covers herself with Zero's cloak or what? That was.. bizarre.

Edited by Cloudy 'N Crackers