What Do You Listen To On a Regular Basis?

YI

...and I don't mean the cool people/indie trendwhores/Liam (Who is cool...but he might have forgot :shifty:)...just seriously...what the fuck do you people actually like.

Is there any music in there which doesn't sound like the singer's straining out a shit on a tractor, whilst a trailer full of plugged in instruments is tipped over behind him.

Edited by YI

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get into Sister Rosetta Tharpe right now. She was this gospel singer who was big from the thirties to the fifties who was a fucking amazing guitarist for her time. The hardest part about doing so is that it's pretty hard to... actually find her music online and all of the collections of her work seem to be $16 or so and I hate spending that much for music. But what I have found I really, really love and it's making me put serious consideration into looking into more gospel music.

Well if I'm in charge of what goes onto the work stereo at any point I'll generally put on one of the following:

The Clash, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Arcade Fire, Tom Vek, Kings of Leon, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jimi Hendrix, Prince or Boards of Canada.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Oh, on a regular basis? Well, in the past couple of weeks...

The Beatles, The Pillows, The Velvet Underground, Blur, Digable Planets, Pizzicato Five, Lupe Fiasco, and Art Brut above all else.

I'm starting to get into Sister Rosetta Tharpe right now. She was this gospel singer who was big from the thirties to the fifties who was a fucking amazing guitarist for her time. The hardest part about doing so is that it's pretty hard to... actually find her music online and all of the collections of her work seem to be $16 or so and I hate spending that much for music. But what I have found I really, really love and it's making me put serious consideration into looking into more gospel music.

She was something else, that's going really deep into the roots of rock and roll. Collections of her work for $16 sounds pretty reasonable, I'd imagine you're getting a lot of songs in said collections.

I've been listening to Mr. Lif lately, probably the best rapper or hip hop artist I've ever heard.

The Last of the Mohicans theme has been getting a lot of play as well. For those of you who haven't seen the movie (and shame on you fags if you haven't) you might remember the song from a football commercial featuring Shawn Merriman and Steven Jackson this past season.

The Men They Couldn't Hang is a group that I'm falling in love with as of right now.

I've been jamming a lot of Eddie Cochran as well, always been a big fan of his, but I've been on a huge kick for his music lately.

There's always lots of things that I listen to on a regular basis, those would be my flavors of the month currently. I still listen to most everything in my collection at some point or another.

Well, according to my Last.fm, what I listen to on a regular basis is mainly comprised of Tom Waits, Scott Walker, Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave and Lou Reed. That's taking into account the playlists I put together to fall asleep too, though, which barely count.

Lately, just to LISTEN to, it's mostly been Adam Green, The Moldy Peaches, The Divine Comedy and David Thomas Broughton. Pretty much anything I pimp on here I will have listened to regularly at some point, though, I go through obsessive phases with a lot of music.

I don't listen to music THAT often any more - my mp3 player and portable CD player both broke recently, so I'm using an old 512MB (or thereabouts) mp3 player from about four years ago which my computer no longer recognises, so it's full of tracks I put on there four years ago and mostly don't care for any more, but it's better than not having music at all. And then I'm not at home often enough at the moment to play CDs or mp3s for very long....but lately, if I did have more free time to just listen to music....it would be mostly comprised of The Ramones, Scott Walker, Adam Green, The Ronettes, The Shangri-Las and lots lots lots more '60s girl bands.

I always can crack on The Cure, near enough what ever mood I'm in The Cure can always be put on. Apart from that, going off my Zen's most played list, I can usually be found listening to Kanye West (mainly the College Dropout album), Alexisonfire, Brand New, The Jam, The Smiths or The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

Edited by 619 fan

Lately it's been Thursday, Drive Like Jehu and Bear Vs. Shark. And then there's whatever else random crap I feel like listening to, like Rise Above: 24 Black Flag Songs to Benefit The West Memphis Three, Blood Brothers, Hot Cross, Canibus and The Black Mages.

I also try to make it a point to listen to The Pogues and Johnny Cash a little bit every week.

Generally Audioslave is high on my playlist, ditto for Chris Cornell (but oddly enough Soundgarden nor' RATM get anywhere near as much plays barring the odd song). Billy Talent are pretty much alone at the top a lot of the time when Audioslave aren't. I listen to a lot of the Chili's, QOTSA, blink-182 (and all related bands), Hellogoodbye, Jimmy Eat World and The Black Mages/general FF music to make up the rest of most played, though I'm sure I'm missing someone.

I've also slowly developed a newly expanded love for Coheed and Cambria now I understand the actual story behind it a little better.