What Do You Listen To On a Regular Basis?

YI

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week, I've been mostly wearing yoghurt.

But as for my music tastes recently, I've been trying to keep up a little more with my extreme metal stuff, so Primordial, Gallhammer and Mayhem have been getting some playtime. But on the other hand, Kate Nash and Beirut's latest offering have also been in my CD player.

Tom Waits, and that's about it.

And quite frankly, what more do you need?

Nothing, attractive ladytypes from all over the world post in my Last.FM shoutbox asking about the Waits and stuff. It's a cushy life.

A girl in my "neighbourhood" on last.fm had over 4000 listens of Tom Waits, and her second most listened to artist had about 300 listens. I want to marry her.

Although you reminded me of a fantastic quote by the man himself; "I've never heard of a guy getting a girl because he owned a Tom Waits record; I own all three and it never helped me"

Alkaline Trio

Death By Stereo

Hot Water Music

Death From Above 1979

Simian Mobile Disco

I've been on a bit of an electro and punk rock kick.

Regularly, Louden Wainwright, Steve Earle, Warren Zevon, Colin Hay, Tom Waits, Peter Gabriel, Leonard Cohen, recently John Cale has sneaked his way in. Johnny Cash pops in now and again, though less than he did as do Guy Clark and Townes Van Zandt.

Alkaline Trio

Hot Water Music

I got a HWM album but I don't really seem to find myself listening to it nearly as much as Thursday or Bear Vs. Shark, even though it is a pretty good album. Then again, it it just a B-Sides & Rarities album so it's not a "proper album" album.

I need to rip my DBS CD too, but I've got no fucking clue what I went and did with it.

Yeah, the HWM album's pretty good...but it's b-sides and shit, lots of which I'd already heard. But I still say their cover of "Radio" is absolutely killer, there's some other killer tracks on "Till The Wheels Fall Off" like; "Wrong And Righteous", "Wayfarer", "Home", God Deciding" etc.

Cloudy, you want to get your hands on "Caution". Now that was a killer album, and the perfect place to start in regards to Hot Water Music.

As much as I love "In A Million Pieces" by The Draft and Chuck Ragan's 9 million acoustic releases throughout the year last year, I hope they get back together properly. Not sure how likely that is though, with The Draft putting out their 2nd album this year. But if these reunion shows go well, who knows. The possibility of a Chuck Ragan/The Draft/Hot Water Music show excites me, maybe more than the Sundowner/The Falcon/Lawrence Arms shows. :o

Blur/Gorillaz/Good,Bad,Queen, Bloc Party, Justin Timberlake, The Format, My Chemical Romance, Final Fantasy, Rufus Wainwright, Patrick Wolf & M.I.A.

Pretty much indie rock, or indie rock thats danceable, or just dance music.

Lots of stuff... the Misfits, Wednesday 13, The Other,Blitzkid, Michale Graves (his last album Illusions is amazing and hasn't left my cd player since it came out), Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Dope, Fashion Bomb. there's more i just didn't want to go listing to many bands...

The only bands I really actively listen to regularly, whatever sort of mood I'm in, are Dream Evil, Edguy, Magnum and Firewind.

The other bands I listen to are either on a random playlist, or because I'm in a certain mood. Or when I get one of their songs stuck in my head ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil