Cactus Drags

AFC

East - Jets

North - Browns

South - Colts

West - Chargers

Wild Card - Jags + Steelers

Sleepers - Texans, Bills

Fuck the patriots. Browns will overtake Steelers, noone in west can is good enough to challenge and Colts should keep the south.

The only way the Patriots miss the playoffs is if Tom Brady and half the defensive starters get injured in the first two weeks. Highly unlikely

I still don't think the Jets can finish over .500 either. I think 6-7 wins is perfectly reasonable... 8+ no.

My predictions that will more than likely be completely incorrect

AFC

East- Patriots (noone will be within 5 games)

North- Steelers (will be neck and neck with Cleveland)

South- Colts (if Manning isn't completely healthy then this will be more wide open)

West- Chargers (see Patriots)

Wild Cards- Browns, Titans

NFC

East- Cowboys (every team in division will be 8-8 or better)

North- Vikings (whoever wins this division gets knocked out in first round anyway)

South- Saints (if you played the South rotation its Atlanta's year but...no)

West- Seahawks (the NL West of the NFL)

Wild Cards- Giants, Panthers

NFL MVP- LaDainian Tomlinson, RB San Diego Superchargers

NFL Defensive Player of the Year- Lofa Tatupu, LB Seattle Seahawks

NFL Offensive Player of the Year- LT, Chargers

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year- Matt Forte, RB Chicago Bears

NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year- Sedrick Ellis, DT New Orleans Saints

AFC Champion- San Diego Chargers

NFC Champion- New Orleans Saints

Super Bowl Champion- San Diego Chargers

Super Bowl MVP- Philip Rivers, QB San Diego Chargers

AFC

East- Patriots

North- Steelers

South- Colts

West- Chargers

Wild Cards- Jaguars, Browns

NFC

East- Cowboys

North- Vikings

South- Saints

West- Cardinals

Wild Cards- Eagles, Giants

AFC Championship - Chargers over Patriots

NFC Championship - Saints over Eagles

Super Bowl - Chargers over Saints

Me, Dragsy and 10 people you don't know had our live draft on NFL.com tonight. I'm quite happy with my team, perhaps a bit weak at running back (I was pipped to Joseph Addai in Round 1) but I think overall it's pretty strong.

QB - Tom Brady NE

RB - Michael Turner ATL, Thomas Jones NYJ, Felix Jones DAL, Deuce McAllister NO

WR - Reggie Wayne IND, Marques Colston NO, Chris Chambers SD, Bryant Johnson SF

TE - Heath Miller PIT, Ben Utecht CIN

K - Josh Brown STL

DST - Cowboys, Bills

Obviously I'll need to look to the free agents for a QB in Week 4 when Brady has his bye but there's a few decent enough stand-ins on the waiver wire. I also have a bit of a WR bye week problem in that Colston, Chambers & Johnson all have theirs in Week 9 :/

A few days ago I drafted my best Fantasy team in the past few years, IMO. Didn't hurt to have the first pick for maybe the first time in four years either.

QBs: Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler

RBs: LaDainian Tomlinson, Brandon Jacobs, Fred Taylor, Deuce McAllister

WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Laveraneus Coles, Santana Moss

TEs: Vernon Davis, Benjamin Watson

K: Rob Bironas

DEFs: Chicago Bears, Arizona Cardinals

Edited by punky

I'd say it's not as bad as one may think. I think with Favre there, there will be less pressure on Jones and he'll have another good year. And with Deuce, he'll get a bulk of the carries in New Orleans. As will Turner in Atlanta. Felix Jones will get some carries in Dallas but not nearly as many as Barber so I dunno. It would've been nice if you had gotten a back that's not in a two-back system like all of the ones you have but the ones you do have, will probably get a bulk of the carries anyways.

Not to mention your back situation is questionable at best.

I mentioned I was weak at running back. I do think, though, that Michael Turner & Thomas Jones will have good seasons and McAllister (if he can stay healthy) and Felix should be good enough to step in in their bye weeks and when they have more favourable match-ups.

Had my draft a week ago:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger

Eli Manning

RB:Adrian Peterson, Brandon Jacobs

Ahmad Bradshaw, TJ Duckett, DeAngelo Williams,

WR: Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Chris Chambers

Dante Stallworth, Marty Booker

TE: Cooley

W/T: Bernard Berrian

W/R: Edgerrin James

DEF: New England

Jacksonville

K: Nate Kaeding

Edited by TheFireChrisCage

Fuckin Bengals.

The second string QB looked pretty good if anything.

Calvin Johnson is going to be a beast this year. It just seems like he can't be covered, and he'll be coming down with every jump ball. He's just a freak of nature.

Tatum Bell needs to go.

The rookies looked good though, a good majority of them played well. Gosder Cherilus has done well thus far, as has Kevin Smith and Cliff Avril.

Well I don't see the big deal with Orton or Grossman yes you'd want a flashy qb but at the same time the Bears system and how they work you don't need a flashy one. All they will ask for is Forte which is a lot a pressure for a rookie to run the ball with Peterson, and have the defense play well. The issue is when the defense is having a bad game or plays against a good offense or the Bears offense plays against a good run D i.e Vikings then they go downhill. But i don't think anyone is expecting the Bears to win more than 10 games this year anyway.

Well I don't see the big deal with Orton or Grossman yes you'd want a flashy qb but at the same time the Bears system and how they work you don't need a flashy one. All they will ask for is Forte which is a lot a pressure for a rookie to run the ball with Peterson, and have the defense play well. The issue is when the defense is having a bad game or plays against a good offense or the Bears offense plays against a good run D i.e Vikings then they go downhill. But i don't think anyone is expecting the Bears to win more than 10 games this year anyway.

I don't think anyone's expecting the Bears to win more than 7 games this year.

And don't forget Hester, with him it doesn't matter how bad the rest of your team is you've got a shot at winning >_>

10 is even giving them a little too much credit.

And Grossman's bad, just...bad. I will say that Orton's better but that's not saying a whole lot. I dunno, to me, Orton's always reminded me of Chad Pennington. Great college QB with a limited NFL arm who somehow manages to win games.

That being said, there are a million QB's out there who I can think of that could do a better job but I'd easily give the nod to Orton over Grossman. So at least Lovie's finally getting it right. <_<

I don't think anyone's expecting the Bears to win more than 7 games this year.

And don't forget Hester, with him it doesn't matter how bad the rest of your team is you've got a shot at winning >_>

Until teams stop kicking to him.