NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

He doesn't have any security with him now, so it's all on him. They're pretty sure he should make the right decisions on his own, but I'm sure that if he fucks up now he's done for.

As for the lawl of the day:

Tue, Nov 18 WR Amani Toomer, almost a 13-year veteran, admits this year's offense "is the strongest I've played on." He has never played for another team. Toomer has 30 receptions so far this season; his best year with the Giants was 1982, when he had 82 catches for 1,343 yards and eight TDs.

(Yahoo! Sports)

Oh Yahoo, you so cra-zay!

Chad Jonshon has been deactivated for the game against the Steelers tonight for violating an unspiceified team rule.

Here is to hoping Cincy will let him go into FA after the season. T.J. has clearly shown that he can be the top receiver. Go into the draft and pick someone up like a Michael Crabtree.

Possible landing places for Johnson would be Baltimore, Houston, Tampa, or Miami. I'm not a fan of him coming here to Tampa but we do need someone to fill Galloway's whole after this season because I like to think he'll hang it up after this year..I could be wrong.

He's not going to Tampa. The only people on the team Gruden has less patience for besides quarterbacks are wide recievers... after all Gruden and Keyshawn worked out LOVELY didn't it?

However I totally agree with you. Ocho Cinco is finished with the Bengals after this season. They need cap space to throw as TJ, and more then likely have already found a replacement in Crabtree (DAMN YOU! I wanted him to fall to the Niners) will be his replacement. In fact, this move should have happened LAST off season, but Mike Brown is an idiot.

As for where he may land? Who knows. It's a money grab situation, so he's likely to end up anywhere. Washington makes sense. Oakland too, but again it's hard to tell. Who woulda thunk that Edge would have went from Indy to Arizona a few years ago?!?!?!

He's said he wants to go to a contender (if it had been a trade). But contenders don't really need him. And I hope that wherever he ends up they give him a different number, so that "Ocho Cinco" will looke more retarded on the jersey.

Ocho Cinco or no Ocho Cinco, I don't think that the Bengals will take a WR with their first pick. They went WR pretty early last year and they have bigger needs than WR, like o-line which the top of this year's draft is stocked full of.

With that being said, I think Crabtree will end up being a 49er if he declares if only because 1. I don't think either of QBs will slide that far and 2. the teams ahead of them don't have WR as a need. I mean, somebody could pull a Lions but I doubt it.

Probably moreso hope, though. :/

Ocho Cinco or no Ocho Cinco, I don't think that the Bengals will take a WR with their first pick. They went WR pretty early last year and they have bigger needs than WR, like o-line which the top of this year's draft is stocked full of.

With that being said, I think Crabtree will end up being a 49er if he declares if only because 1. I don't think either of QBs will slide that far and 2. the teams ahead of them don't have WR as a need. I mean, somebody could pull a Lions but I doubt it.

Probably moreso hope, though. :/

Yep, the Bengals have plenty of needs. Hell if Chris Henry can stay out of trouble, and their young receivers can develop, they won't even need to draft a WR.

As for Crabtree, he'll be a Seahawk.

I'm gonna hate to see CJ leave Cincinnati, but it's not surprising since it is what this city does to every good athlete not named Pete Rose, we run them right out of town. Happened to Ken Griffey, Adam Dunn and Barry Larkin on the Reds and now it's happening to CJ on the Bengals.

I cannot stand how the media all decided to gang up on Chad for being a "distraction," when all he ever did was have fun. He made it fun to be a Bengals fan again and the minute we get a taste of one good season, the fans go ballistic when they go 8-8 again. Hey, it was better than the 2-14s we were getting through most of the 90s and what we're about to get this season, but everybody instantly turned on Chad. Chad was the problem, he's a distraction, he's too cocky, he's T.O. Jr, etc. If I were Chad, I'd want to get the fuck out of this city too.

Edited by Zero

Chad's a liability now, not because he's a "distraction" but because he's going to cost money that the Bengals shouldn't spend on him. They have TJ who almost certainly will demand less money, and they have a good receiving corps without CJ anyway. Carson Palmer will come back next season, and they need to get him a running game as well as a defense to not have the 28 points they score end up being useless. While the reasons he would want out are clearly different, and I agree with you, at this point it's probably best for the Bengals if they spend their money elsewhere.

I certainly don't disagree with you there and I hope Chad finds someone that can utilize his talents and pay him well... hopefully we can be a good stepping stone for him like we were for that douchebag Corey Dillon.

I'm gonna hate to see CJ leave Cincinnati, but it's not surprising since it is what this city does to every good athlete not named Pete Rose, we run them right out of town. Happened to Ken Griffey, Adam Dunn and Barry Larkin on the Reds and now it's happening to CJ on the Bengals.

That's why I almost hate being a Reds fan. They seem to be in permanent rebuilding mode or something. And as much as I like Griffey, I thought signing him was a mistake in the first place. Should have dropped that cash on a decent hitting fielder and some pitching instead of him, and they'd probably have at least made it to the second round of the playoffs a few times by now.

I cannot stand how the media all decided to gang up on Chad for being a "distraction," when all he ever did was have fun. He made it fun to be a Bengals fan again and the minute we get a taste of one good season, the fans go ballistic when they go 8-8 again. Hey, it was better than the 2-14s we were getting through most of the 90s and what we're about to get this season, but everybody instantly turned on Chad. Chad was the problem, he's a distraction, he's too cocky, he's T.O. Jr, etc. If I were Chad, I'd want to get the fuck out of this city too.

Couldn't agree with you more. And since I'm a fan of Chad Johnson, not the Bengals, I couldn't care less who they replace him with. I'd just like to see him end up with a contender. Same for Tony Gonzalez, who the Chiefs shafted.

Well, he DID get into a fight with a coach at halftime of a playoff game his team was WINNING, and then y'know...they fell apart. I'd call that a distraction.

Chad Johnson might be all about "having fun" but that's what makes him a distraction. He's more concerned with goofing around and having a good time than being a team player and helping the team win.

Well, he DID get into a fight with a coach at halftime of a playoff game his team was WINNING, and then y'know...they fell apart. I'd call that a distraction.

REALLY? You think that's the reason the Bengal's the lost their playoff game? Funny, I thought that defensive lineman from your the Steelers cheapshotting Carson Palmer and fucking up his knee had a lot more to do with it... :shifty:

I guess Chad Johnson's antics are also the reason Chris Henry keeps getting arrested, Rudi Johnson got fat and slow, and their defensive couldn't stop a whore from praying. And his antics are probably the reason they have a complete dipshit as an owner, and one hit wonder as a coach.

That's surely HAS to be it!!!

...cause ya know, the Bengals had it SOOOOOO together before Chad Johnson got there. :blush:

Edited by Mikel007