The Stupidest Lines

Benji

The Rambo trailer may contain the stupidest line in the world, so it has inspired me to ask, what are some of the silliest or most overdelivered lines (in a BAD way, no "Luke, I am your father," shit) in television and movies?

I'll start with the line that inspired it...

"Live for nothing, die for something."

I laughed so hard at it, it's such a horrible phrase, and the way it's delivered almost feels like Stallone forgot his line, though having said that, I wouldn't want to use a line that fucking awful.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do you know what happens to a frog when it gets struck by lightning?"

Joss Whedon, who wrote that particular line, blames the flack it gets on Halle Berry's performance. While that may be true, it's still a stupid line.

Wow...I was going to post that line. I remebmer me and my friends in the theater watching X-Men. When she started that line, we wer all like "ok..she's been quiet the whole movie..now a kick ass line to kill off Toad"...then that...it was like "What the fuck?! That sucked"

"Do you know what happens to a frog when it gets struck by lightning?"

Joss Whedon, who wrote that particular line, blames the flack it gets on Halle Berry's performance. While that may be true, it's still a stupid line.

Oh god, Berry's delivery, as if it were some sort of incredibly dramatic, momentous line. Horrible.

As far as lines ruined by poor delivery, my favorite might always be "I'm Cherokee Jack!"

A thread tailor-made for Steven Segal!

"This is The Man's man. And I'm the Cupcake."

or

"Well, let's see, that's natives 8, oil workers 0. Anyone else wanna play with Cupcake?"

Nic Cage in National Treasure, the second worst film I've ever seen on a plane (the first is Bicentenial Man, 3 hours of Robin Williams doing a robot voice).

Nic Cages character goes a bit still and wobbly when holding the Declaration of Independence, when asked why...

'It's just that... the last time this was here... it was being signed.'

Its all in the delivery, it makes the Lex Express look less cheesy.

I can't believe everyone hated the Storm line, even the man who wrote it. For some reason, it was one of those lines that I knew was cheesy and still loved it. I have no idea what though. For me, it's a line from my favourite movie, Hackers

The Plague: Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Edit:: On second though, after watching that on Youtube, that was a horrible delivery. The way I have it in my head would have been cool and for some reason, it seemed to be the way I remembered it from the movie. Rewatching the video shows that the actual delivery was horrible.

Edited by The Enforker

I submit a line from Above the Law. Here are its creds:

* Written, Starring, and Directed by Steven Seagal

* He plays a cop with a black belt in Akido, who has CIA covert training from the Vietnam War, and his family is the mafia. I swear, I didn't make any of that up.

* His partner is played by Pam Grier.

* There is a C4 explosion/massacre in a church... during mass.

And now the quote in all its glory...

[after stopping Salvano's truck, the police open the secret compartment, and find little square packages instead of drugs]

Detective Lukich: What the hell kind of high is this?

Nico Toscani: Sky-high.

If we're talking Nicholas Cage, Moonstruck surely wins:

"Chrissy... bring me the big knife!"

Sin City, while awesome, had a few:

"She smells like angels ought to smell." (twice!)

"The Valkyrie at my side is laughing with the pure bloodthirsty joy of the slaughter!" (even ZP Theart couldn't write that, and his lyrics suck pretty badly ¬_¬)

Also, pretty much every line Ah-nuld speaks in The Running Man.

Oh, and:

Anakin: "You're so beautiful."

Padme: "It's only because I'm so in love."

Anakin: "No, it's because I'm so in love with you!"

I've never wanted to be stabbed in the eye so much as during that scene. I wonder if George Lucas says as many lame things in real life as he makes his characters say in the movies.

Nic Cage in National Treasure, the second worst film I've ever seen on a plane (the first is Bicentenial Man, 3 hours of Robin Williams doing a robot voice).

Nic Cages character goes a bit still and wobbly when holding the Declaration of Independence, when asked why...

Pfft. You've never seen his gems in the Wicker Man.

"Get off the bike!"

"OH NO, NOT THE BEES, NOT THE BEES, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

And other various hilarious things.