Biggest songs of the 2000's?

Guest tiarnantmann

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souljah Boy has lost his appeal now it seems. In 2010 when I look back I seriously doubt anyone will really care about his one song, but hey, if they do you can hunt me down and I will apologise.
Edited by YI

Eminem - The Real Slim Shady

Spiller - Groovejet

Shaggy ft. Rayvon - Angel

Limp Bizkit - Rollin'

DJ Otzi -Hey Baby

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty

Blue featuring Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground

Elton John - Are You Ready For Love

R Kelly - Ignition

Eric Prydz - Call on me

U2 - Vertigo

Spitting Games was released twice, and was pretty huge a few summers back. Run was also massive, probably more so than Spitting Games. Chasing Cars is the most well known off the latest album I'd say, but there's not been nearly the buzz about this album than the first.

I'd say "Chasing Cars" was a much bigger song, with more of a universal appeal. "Spitting Games" was basically relegated to MTV2, despite being an AMAZING song. "Run" was fair popular, and picked up by other music TV channels, but "Chasing Cars" was played to death and had MUCH more universal appeal, with everyone from scallies to supply teachers liking it.

Eyes Open was Snow Patrol's fourth album. It is very guff though. I was tricked into getting it because You're All I Have was the release single and it's a really good song. Chasing Cars got far more airplay than any song on that album.

Similar to Snow Patrol - Keane.

Is It Any Wonder got played a hell of a lot.

What was that "oo-oo-ooooh ooooh-oooh. oo-oo-ooooh ooo-oooh" one?

Probably not a lot of help, huh? It was by The Killers, I think.

Edit: Nope, turns out that was Snow Patrol too; 'You're All I Have'. That was pretty big down here, nowhere near Chasing Cars and Run though.

Edited by Farmer Reil

A few early millenium ones missed so far...

Korn - Freak on a Leash

Less Than Jake - Gainesville Rock City

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed

Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People

The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)

Blink-182 - All The Small Things

Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch

I'm sure there's a shitload more, if you wanted poppy ones, just check the "NOW!" CD's.

A lot of those are from the late 90s:

Freak on a Leash was 98

Wait and Bleed was 99

Beautiful People was 96

Pretty Fly was 98

As for songs from the 00s that are going to be remembered as songs of this decade, I can't really point to much. "Hey Ya" is really one of the few ultra-mega hit that was played on literally any station that wasn't country or talk that was also a really good song. "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley is up there too as well as "Feel Good Inc." I think a lot of these other songs that have been rammed up our collective asses will be forgotten in years to come.

aye lads, i fookin miss the shite out of that fookin guns dont kill people rappers do song, that shite was tight eh lads?

No.

• Like 1