Biggest songs of the 2000's?

Guest tiarnantmann

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue that How You Remind Me is a bigger Nickelback song that Rockstar, and Rockstar is more just their 'now' song, whereas How You Remind Me was possibly their biggest song so far and is what got them really mainstream and famous, at least, that's what I'd say.

To be honest, I don't think half the songs originally listed even fit. I'm having a hard time remember what the big songs are, though, because my memorable songs are probably not what others would consider. I mean, I don't think Gramercy Park by Deadsy is making the list, although White T by Dem Franchise Boyz might.

Breaking up what was originally a bigger paragraph into seperate thoughts.

We Fly High by Jim Jones and Stay Fly by Three 6 Mafia are two I'd throw out there that were pretty fucking big in the last few years, though. I guess you'd have to argue Crank Dat as well.

Hey There Delilah belongs on it.

Fuck, 2000 feels like it was so long ago, musically. Hell, it was the last half of my senior year of high school, I don't remember that shit. I'm not sure about adding any Eminem, his biggest stuff was in the late 90s, although the Marshall Mathers LP might make the cut if you're being pedantic.

Need to find some Linkin Park to throw on there, Green Day would definately have to make it, and, despite people hating on them for some strange reason, some My Chemical Romance. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) would probably fit.

For some more metalish rock throw in some System of a Down, Toxicity was pretty big, or Chop Suey, although I'm not sure of the release date.

Sum 41 with Fat Lip could probably snatch a spot. Maybe some Good Charlotte too, although I only ever really liked The River, which wasn't really Good Charlotte, but anyway.

On that subject, people that walk around playing music loud on their phones in public are cunts. Just irritates me so much, even more so if they are on their own, use headphones!

Also, that Rihanna song was pretty big.

Edited by Cloberella

On that subject, people that walk around playing music loud on their phones in public are cunts. Just irritates me so much, even more so if they are on their own, use headphones!
Edited by YI

A few early millenium ones missed so far...

Korn - Freak on a Leash

Less Than Jake - Gainesville Rock City

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed

Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People

The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)

Blink-182 - All The Small Things

Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch

I'm sure there's a shitload more, if you wanted poppy ones, just check the "NOW!" CD's.

Wait and Bleed, definitely. That was the song that scared a bunch of kids at our school. They all hated the "moshers" and "greebos" and then Wait and Bleed (and Korn's Freak on a Leash, to a lesser extent) rolled around and they were like "oh, shit, this is actually alright."

Also, if you're putting Snow Patrol on there, run, Chocolate and Spitting Games were all way, way bigger than Chasing Cars ever was.

No offense, but Snow Patrol aren't dragonmetal, I wouldn't expect you to know them by name >_>

Spitting Games was released twice, and was pretty huge a few summers back. Run was also massive, probably more so than Spitting Games. Chasing Cars is the most well known off the latest album I'd say, but there's not been nearly the buzz about this album than the first.

Spitting Games was released twice, and was pretty huge a few summers back. Run was also massive, probably more so than Spitting Games. Chasing Cars is the most well known off the latest album I'd say, but there's not been nearly the buzz about this album than the first.

...I dunno what it was like in other countries but if you don't have Hey Ya by Outkast then something is wrong. The year that was out I don't think there was a single day when I didn't hear at least part of that song. It was huge.

Souljah Boy has lost his appeal now it seems. In 2010 when I look back I seriously doubt anyone will really care about his one song, but hey, if they do you can hunt me down and I will apologise.

Edited by IAceI