When You Love a Game Too Much

Benji

What games have you completed far too many times? The games that draw you back in every few months because they're far too good?

To me it's FFIX and FFVII, I've completed them both at LEAST once a year since they came out, far many more times in others, there's something about the games that is just so wonderful for me to play and I'm always finding nuances and little bits of fun I missed in other plays.

Before my copy stopped working, GTA: San Andreas. I'd beat it, fuck around for a while, start up a new game, beat it and fuck around a while, until the disc got too scratched up to work.

And Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is the same way. Sooo glad it's getting a sequel..

Metal Gear Solid 2, and GTA: SA/VC. The music and general feel of Vice City makes me wanna play it, but the vast... vastness of San Andreas is the thing holding me back from doing so. The annoyance of not being able to swim and climb etc.

Super Mario World as well as Bros 3 are too obvious examples, I think. As is San Andreas.

A less popular one would be WWE Day of Reckoning on Nintendo Gamecube. Easily the best WWE game since No Mercy. It's gotten a bit dated, but it has spectacular game play, the best CAW mode of any WWE game ever, and an awesome (if linear) storyline mode. I still play it regularly and it continues to pwn each SmackDown installment based on the virtue that it's actually fun.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

I loved playing Broken Sword and is one of the games that I must play for about a week out of every month. I'm playing GTA: Vice City at the moment and that is another game that I have fallen in love with but Broken Sword beats it hands down, the same can be said about Fahrenheit.

What games have you completed far too many times? The games that draw you back in every few months because they're far too good?

To me it's FFIX and FFVII, I've completed them both at LEAST once a year since they came out, far many more times in others, there's something about the games that is just so wonderful for me to play and I'm always finding nuances and little bits of fun I missed in other plays.

FFVIII - X and FFXII. FFIX gets the most love of all of them though. Always has, always will.

Burnout 3 gets a pretty regular run-through as well, surprisingly enough.

Before my copy stopped working, GTA: San Andreas. I'd beat it, fuck around for a while, start up a new game, beat it and fuck around a while, until the disc got too scratched up to work.

And Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is the same way. Sooo glad it's getting a sequel..

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was still holding out for X-Men 3. But I still love MUA. Is there like a link to where this was found out?

There are no games that I re-complete every few months. But I think that I've completed these games too many times (numbers rough)

Pokemon Blue 5

X-Men Legends 5

X-Men Legends II 4

Marvel UA 4

Star Wars Battlefront II 4

Kingdom Hearts 3

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was still holding out for X-Men 3. But I still love MUA. Is there like a link to where this was found out?

Rightchere.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007's Story Mode - So far i've beaten it with so many people, I'm running out of ideas to make CAW's with.

I've only played it with a few people and I already want to break the controller when I pick a RAW guy and see the title "TAKING ON THE SHOW" come up for the first month. <_<

:w00t:

For me it's easily the Warriors. I don't have a copy of it right now so I can't say I've been playing it lately (or much of anything for that matter), but when I did have it, I played the shit out of it. I can't tell you how many times I've beaten it, replayed missions, and did the other mini games such as the roof top brawls (so much fun). That game ought to be preserved as culturally significant, much in the same way they do with movies. :shifty:

Burnout 3 gets a pretty regular run-through as well, surprisingly enough.

Yep, even though it is the only Burnout I have. Pretty great soundtrack too. Speeding through traffic barely able to see off the shiny floor in the snowy Euro levels as Rise Against's "Paper Wings" tears through the speakers is awesome.

FF VII and XII, of course. Then I'll always say that I'll play VIII or X again, but hardly ever do these days. And I don't own a copy of IX anymore, but I wish I did.

Burnout Revenge will always hold a place in my heart, and I'm yet to get bored of it after owning it for about 18 months, which as far as racing games go for me is phenomenal. I'll never see myself getting bored of Wii Sports, as everything on it is just so wonderful, same with Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy. Viewtiful Joe, Bully, MGS and GTA:SA are also up there too, I don't play any of them as regularly as I used to, but if I ever fire up my playstation and I don't fancy FF or Burnout, it'll be one of those four without a doubt.

But the big one for me has got to be Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. I swear, whenever I tidy my room, I end up sitting on my floor playing it on my GBA. I can beat it completely (with all the secret levels and whatnot) in about an hour now, so it's a great little distraction, and it never, ever gets old. Fantastic game, possibly the best game I've ever played that I'd never mention as one of the best games I've ever played... if that makes any sense whatsoever.

The original NBA Jam on the Mega Drive.

My record currently stands at 246-2.

Both losses were to overtime buzzer beaters against human players.