Scrubs

Benji

Not a lot I can say that others haven't said. Actually laughed out loud at the Janitor's name part. It was a perfect way to end such a fantastic show.... the guard of honour was great... Dr. Steadman's appearance being a particular highlight for me. I also loved the little touch of Bill Lawrence being the last guy to say goodnight to JD. Awesome stuff. End it here please, as much as I like the new interns, that was the perfect ending.

:)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really watched Scrubs in a while. Mostly out of my laziness than being "OH NO IT'S GOT SHIT!!"

I was bored this afternoon, watched it. Some things were great. Still don't like JD/Elliot together, I generally hate programs where like 'all' the main cast are paired off with each other. :shifty: Friends, Ross/Rachel ceased being relevant after like Season 4/5...another 5 years on that, even with their kid, didn't give a fuck anymore. Looks like HIMYM is going the same way with Barney/Robin, which I just can't get into. :( But yeah, I'll let that slide.

The whole Janitor stuff was great, loved the bit about the penny. Loved the ending, perfect choice of tune. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP8A2Fbj9dY

Plus it's led to me listening to 70's/80's Peter Gabriel all day, which is awesome. :D

TV's Scrubs brought back to life

Medical comedy series Scrubs has been renewed for a ninth series, despite predictions it had come to an end.

The show, which stars Zach Braff, wrapped up earlier this year with an episode called "My Finale", which resolved several ongoing storylines.

The series had seen low ratings after moving from NBC to rival network ABC and Braff, who plays Doctor John "JD" Dorian announced he was leaving.

But ABC says the show will continue - with Braff returning for six episodes.

He is expected to hand over to a new line-up, including several regular cast members and some of the medical interns introduced in the most recent series.

According to trade paper Hollywood Reporter, actress Sarah Chalke (Dr Elliot Reid) has also been approached to work on the transitional episodes.

Returning regulars include Donald Faison (Dr Turk), John C McGinley (Dr Cox) and Neil Flynn, whose character is known simply as The Janitor.

ABC has also commissioned three new comedies, including a new vehicle for Frasier star Kelsey Grammer, who will play the lead in Hank, about a high-flying executive who finds himself out of work.

Sci-fi surprise

Meanwhile Fox has surprised critics and fans alike by ordering a second series of struggling sci-fi series Dollhouse.

The Joss Whedon-scripted drama stars Eliza Dushku as a secret agent whose mind has been wiped so she can be imprinted with any personality her handlers require.

It suffered near-disastrous ratings, and many assumed it would suffer the same fate as its creator's previous series, Firefly, which was pulled after just 11 episodes.

But, according to The Hollywood Reporter, executives took into account Firefly's longevity - it has continued to sell well on DVD and spawned a big-screen movie, Serenity - when deciding Dollhouse's fate.

Producers are also reported to have promised budget cuts to secure a second series.

The show premieres in the UK this week on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Credit: BBC

:D

I am glad. I do not care how shit it may be, I will enjoy it just cause shit Scrubs is better than no Scrubs at all. :)

That sentence is so many kinds of stupid that a mathematical equation cannot be made to work out the exact amount.

No it isn't. It's an honest statement made by someone who has precisely nothing to gain or lose from the show continuing on beyond it's best before date. Like, y'know, all of us.

As for the people who actually DO have something to lose (like maybe reputation), Bill Lawrence supports the renewal. Why? Because, in the middle of a recession, making a deal that keeps the 150 odd people who work on Scrubs employed is a good thing. In the middle of a period in which sitcom work is almost impossible to get, keeping one of the few sitcoms left running is a great thing. And who knows, maybe with new people stepping up to run the show (Lawrence, along with EP's Garrett Donovan, Neil Goldman and Kevin Biegel have all lined up new gigs), the new life that the writing staff breathed into it in season 8 will allow the show to transition smoothly into something else that is different but just as interesting. Honestly, why shit on a decision to keep something going? If it sucks, don't watch it. It's not like it sucking will somehow diminish your life in anyway, nor should anyone else's enjoyment or anticipation of season 9 diminish your opinion of them. We've been able to enjoy 8 seasons of some of the most unique, endearing comedy to ever grace television. Honestly, with a track record like that I give this show a better chance than some new show that hasn't hooked us yet.

I'm more surprised that Kelsey Grammer is playing Frasier yet again.

He's not. As the article explains, it's a starring vehicle for him where he'll play the lead in a sitcom called Hank. So I'm kind of assuming he's playing a guy named Hank. :shifty:

My Finale was a perfect ending to Scrubs, but I'm not going to crap on the fact they are making another season. Just think of it as a spin-off (which it is because two of the three main characters are gone) or like it's a movie/game/book sequel. The new seasons aren't going to take away from the episode.

Returning regulars include Donald Faison (Dr Turk), John C McGinley (Dr Cox) and Neil Flynn, whose character is known simply as The Janitor.

All of them have pilots that are still potentially going to get picked up for a season. Don't be so sure that all of them will return, or will return full time..

In fact, Neil Flynn's pilot "The Middle" already has been picked up. That being said, the Hollywood Reporter article made mention of the fact that all three had signed deals to appear on the show even if their pilots go to series. I guess Scrubs will just schedule around their availability.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got around to watching the finale after forgetting to download it for a while. The episode was PERFECT. The ending montage had me weeping like a little girl and I didn't care. I want Scrubs to end with that, but seeing as it's going contunue I'm glad JD isn't playing a central role because his journey is done. It'll be interesting to see Jo and the other interns be the main focus.

I'm glad the show is continuing...I'll assume it won't be as good as the Scrubs we remember, but what does that really matter? It'll still probably be one of the best shows on TV.

I wonder if they'll have an actual main character (the young black intern?), or if they'll make it a true ensemble cast. Too much attention on Turk, Carla and Cox might get old after awhile without JD, and I don't wanna see this become the That 70s Show episodes after Topher left. Should be interesting.

Edited by AboveAverage