The Apprentice

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to hijack the thread, I'm assuming this was meant for the UK Apprentice only, but I really like Celebrity Apprentice. I've never liked the show before, my mom did so I've seen a bit of it, but this celebrity version is highly entertaining. Stephan Baldwin is probably the most unintentionally entertaining human being on the planet.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

So glad to see Nicholas go. This rift they speak of was only because the two of them fucked up then couldn't take it when called on it. And the whole class division was of his doing also.

There are so many people I don't like already, which to me is the beauty of the show, as they're all get taken down by Sir Alan's slow yet horribly offensive wit. Has he ever praised anyone for anything in the show outside of the final?

When it said on the show that whatshername who got fired was in charge of making sure everything didn't get messed up during the washing/drying/ironing process, my wife and myself agreed that if she did her job properly there was NO WAY she should get fired even if the team lost.

However she DIDN'T do her job properly (even IF it was her idea to pop back she should have flatout refused to go to say her job was keeping an eye on the laundry, and she looked happy to rush off across town on some errand). She didn't make sure people knew how HER method worked and because of that they lost customers' laundry which is unacceptable and she deserved to be fired. Her single job was to make sure the washing didn't get muddled up and it did.

I'm glad they lost anyway cos I hated the whole tipping thing they tried to get as well as the stupid "underpants hotline" or whatever they offered.

Jenny was a scumbag in many many ways and let the power go straight to her head (I'd hate to work for her) and her lack of price checking etc was stupid but pretty much the whole team was a useless mess anyway. If Jenny fails again she's GOT to go. Also, the girl she had the slanging match with just didn't come down to the team meeting and huff or not, that's apalling business practice to miss a meeting like that. I'd have even thought about sacking her PURELY for that.

When it said on the show that whatshername who got fired was in charge of making sure everything didn't get messed up during the washing/drying/ironing process, my wife and myself agreed that if she did her job properly there was NO WAY she should get fired even if the team lost.

However she DIDN'T do her job properly (even IF it was her idea to pop back she should have flatout refused to go to say her job was keeping an eye on the laundry, and she looked happy to rush off across town on some errand). She didn't make sure people knew how HER method worked and because of that they lost customers' laundry which is unacceptable and she deserved to be fired. Her single job was to make sure the washing didn't get muddled up and it did.

I'm glad they lost anyway cos I hated the whole tipping thing they tried to get as well as the stupid "underpants hotline" or whatever they offered.

Jenny was a scumbag in many many ways and let the power go straight to her head (I'd hate to work for her) and her lack of price checking etc was stupid but pretty much the whole team was a useless mess anyway. If Jenny fails again she's GOT to go. Also, the girl she had the slanging match with just didn't come down to the team meeting and huff or not, that's apalling business practice to miss a meeting like that. I'd have even thought about sacking her PURELY for that.

The annoying thing is that they didn't seem to show us whether the one who got booted gave/left instructions or not for how to organise everything. In the board room she said she did. If that's so, why should she get blamed so heavily? Was she the only woman out of EIGHT of them that is intelligent enough to keep track of washing? >_>

And yeah, Jenny was a bully. I'd have fired her tbh, and I'm guessing she only stayed around because the other two were worse at defending their corner in the boardroom.

Saying all that, I know we're only 2 eps in, but has anyone noticed Sir Alan changing who he 'generally' blames (and subsequently fires)? In previous series, almost all of the times (especially early on) he made the team leader accountable and fired them - even if it was a specific mistake from someone else, on the ground that 'the manager should have fixed it'.

This series he has gone for two specific mistake makers.

But yeah, I think Raef is going to be a real character this series and I hope he says a while.

Raef is clearly the best apprentice candidate ever. Not only does he look, sound and act like one of my mates from uni, but he has the most genius ideas sometimes (irons, anyone?) and regularly talks his way into trouble ¬_¬

Alex is pretty cool, reminds me of Hamster ¬_¬ Not entirely sure why. I reckon Simon has a good shot too, he seems to be like Paul from the last series (working class workhorse "lead from the front" guy), but with a bit more brains.

The girls though... ugh. Most of them are clueless, Jenny should be fired and probably will be next week, as she seems to be project manager all the time, even when they haven't been assigned a task ¬_¬ Eventually everyone will gang up on her. I'd love to see Raef and Jenny forced onto the same team; especially since neither could be project manager. Bwahaha, Raef and Jenny on the same team, with Lucinda as PM (or the REALLY camp one on the boys team who never does anything). That'd be fantastic.

Overall, both firings have been justified, imo. I would've fired Jenny over Wassername, but I that's easy for me to say since I've seen everything. Realistically it was never going to happen, because if there's one thing Jenny's good at it's talking, and Lucinda is awful in that regard (and most others, from what we've seen so far :P). Their only real chance of ditching Jenny this early is making someone like Lindi project manager (assuming the teams don't change like they normally do, in which case you'd clearly go with Simon if possible), and if you lose, take Jenny and Sara into the board room with you (assuming there was nobody that had REALLY fucked up).

Either Lucinda or Jenny will go really soon though, because the cynical side of me says that they won't split them up for ratings reasons :P

• 2 weeks later...

Sir Alan decided poorly this week...Shame it wasn't the other team who lost as the project manager was really apallingly nasty to Lucinda (are people seeing her as a weak target or something?!)

Simon shouldn't have gone. Claire is horrible and mouthy, unsupportive and generally useless at what she does. Hopefully after the next task she'll be outta here.

Guest chatterbox

I can't believe Simon has gone. What was Sir Alan thinking? Claire was clearly the worst one there, she screwed everything up. And Alex, the spineless tit, he deserved to go more than Simon just for being a coward. As far as Lucinda goes, though she is being bullied a lot lately, it doesn't take away that she looks absolutely useless. I cannot think of one good thing she has contributed at any point since the show began.

All my hopes are on Lee McQueen now that Simon has gone. He hasn't shown much of himself yet, but there is something I like about him.

I actually agree with Sir Alan.

Sure, I liked Simon, but he was fucking useless in a management role. Sir Alan summed it up perfectly; if you ask him to build you a wall, he'll build the Great Wall of China, if you ask him to dig you a trench, it'll be deeper than the Marianas, but if you ask him to run a company... nah.

He'd probably have performed better on the photography task if he did the whole thing himself :P He's just that kind of guy.

As for everyone being mean to Lucinda, there's a good reason for that.

SHE'S FUCKING USELESS AT EVERYTHING AND IS A WHINEY COW.

Seriously, who applies for a hugely well-paid office job, in 2008, without basic desktop publishing skills? AFTER a training course in the specific software you'll be using? She whines, she moans, she bitches, she blames everyone else, she never wants to do anything she's "not good at", which encompasses - as far as I can tell - every skill needed for the show... she's just generally completely useless. If Alpha had lost, she'd be fired. No question. Hell, it'd have been hard enough deciding who else to bring into the boardroom...

Also, I so called Jenny and Simon being on the same team. Unfortunately Jenny seems to have calmed down a lot, so I can't hate her any more :(

I still want to see Lucinda as PM though. The chaos and hilarity that would ensue (especially with neither Jenny OR Claire on her team to save her ass by doing everything for her any more) would be quality television.

Still Raef to win.

Edited by Farmer Reil

• 2 weeks later...

What the fuck did I watch?

You know when people say they acted like school children? Well that phrase is perfect for this episode. 9 incompetent fucks who can't even tie their own shoe laces bungled their way through the tasks. When both of their ideas were mentioned the obvious problems were SO FUCKING OBVIOUS. Who's going to buy a card, that involves cutting down trees, saying don't cut down trees? Who is going to buy a singles card? They're single so they have no one to buy them cards.

Then in the boardroom they all started picking one the quiet one. Alan even said this and still the bumfuck podgy Bristolian twerp took her into the last three. Then they all start attacking her in the house. Except Raef, who I've not liked before now, but he certainly did the right thing.

Capitalism makes me angry, apparently.

There's an obvious divide going on : Raef, Lucinda, Sara & Claire vs. Alex, Michael, Lee, Jenny Celery, Helene and the other Jenny.

Thankfully, I know what happens next week:

Two female contestants are booted off the show - one for cheating, the other for intimidating behaviour. I'm assuming that Helene and Celery can pack their bags now, then...