Reading/Leeds

Dan

Going off that list:

Friday

12.00-12.30- Anti-Flag

14.40-15.20- Be Your Own Pet (Missing Dizzee Rascal :crying: )

15.40-16.25- Serj Tankian

16.45-17.35- Biffy Clyro

18.55-19.45- MGMT maybe

20.20-21.30- Queens Of The Stone Age

22.00-23.30- Rage Against The Fucking Machine

Saturday

15.40-16.20- The King Blues

16.40-17.25- Cancer Bats probably

17.50-18.35- Seasick Steve

18.50-19.35- Flogging Molly

19.55-20.40- Thrice

20.45-21.10- Probably wander over to see some Bloc Party

21.15-22.05- Bullet For My Valentine

22.30-23.30- Gallows

Sunday

12.00-12.45- Mindless Self Indulgence

15.10-15.55- Dropkick Murphys

16.15-17.05- Avenged Sevenfold (missing Lethal Bizzle :()

17.25-18.15- Feeder

18.40-19.30- Slipknot (missing Pendulum :crying:)

19.55-20.55- Tenacious D probably

21.30-23.30- Metallica

All I need now is my tickets <_<

Edited by Iain76er

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has an excuse for NOT seeing Gaslight Anthem. That is all...I mean I like British Sea Power (were one of the highlights of 2004...from what I remember :shifty: ) and Joe Lean...but fuck me, GASLIGHT ANTHEM!

Yeah, I'm gutted about missing Dizzee (again, missed him supporting Babyshambles), but with BYOP splitting, I 'have' to see them.

I'm seeing Gaslight, they're only one of three bands I'm interested in seeing on the Sunday. I might also check out The Ting Tings, if only to laugh at how the singer always squints and looks like she's taking a shit every time she sings.

If the time's are right though, I really don't know who to see between Bloc Party and Alkaline Trio. That's the only clash apart from Feeder vs. The Music vs. Crystal Castles (which Feeder wins hands down) I have all weekend. If Bloc Party play 'Helicopter' early on then I might bugger off after to see Trio's entire set, but I'll have to improvise otherwise.

Haven't worked out the times yet as I'll see half sets where bands clash or slightly overlap, but the intended plan for Reading for me will be:

Friday

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Blood Red Shoes

Dizzee Rascal

Florence & The Machine

Jack Penate

MGMT

Vampire Weekend

QOTSA

Rage (possibly catching the end of Babyshambles, probably won't bother though)

Saturday

British Sea Power

The Subways

Mystery Jets (hopefully they'll cram in my favourites before my favoured next band begin)

Dirty Pretty Things

We Are Scientists

Editors/food break

Foals

The Raconteurs

Bloc Party

The Killers

Sunday

Adam Green

Cajun Dance Party

Lightspeed Champion

Emmy The Great

Crystal Castles

The end of Slipknot and a bit of Tenacious D

Glasvegas

Last Shadow Puppets

The Cribs

I know I won't see all of those bands, however if I'm in the arena early enough and not busy eating/drinking then that's who I'll flock to.

Edited by supergrass

I went and bought a couple of pairs of shorts today. :) God bless George...yeah, it's shit...but they look halfway decent, and if I fuck them up I wont give a shit.

And Supergrass....GASLIGHT ANTHEM!

GA, if I bump into you (highly unlikely, but still, stranger things have happened) I will come say hello...or just yell at you...if some northern bloke puts his arm around you and shouts a lot and drops "Gaslight Anthem" somewhere into the 'conversation', that'll probably be me. :shifty:

So how much booze are you lot taking?

I've got about 0.5L whiskey, 2L Southern Comfort, 1L vodka (although I expect some of that to dissapear before I leave)...probably get a crate or two with my mates as well. I was tempted for a bottle of Black Aftershock, but seeing as I hope to not poo until the Monday (or try to poo as little as possible) that's a bad idea.

Edited by YI

WHERE ARE MY FUCKING TICKETS. FUCK YOU SEE. FUCK YOU.

Edit: E;f,b.

Iain, Sees phone number is 0871 230 0010, call them. Although they'll just tell you that they will be there by tomorrow.

I'm waiting until after 1:00 to call, as that is when special deliverys are guaranteed by.

But yeah. I checked thursday, they said they'd be here by friday, friday said monday and now they're saying tomorrow. They're being right cunts about it.

GA, if I bump into you (highly unlikely, but still, stranger things have happened) I will come say hello...or just yell at you...if some northern bloke puts his arm around you and shouts a lot and drops "Gaslight Anthem" somewhere into the 'conversation', that'll probably be me. :shifty:

Find the cunt with the Alter Bridge wristband and you'll have found me.

I checked out The FF'ers Myspace page this morning. I quite like them, they've got a Biffy Clyro meets Anal Cunt sound to them. I might check them out if there's enough time left to get a good spot for Feeder afterwards. Anything that means I won't have to stand through Avenged Sevenfold is an epic win. As far as the Foo Fighters go, if they are to play (doubt it), I'm sure The Sun will spoil it in their entertainment section anyway.

So how much booze are you lot taking?

I've got about 0.5L whiskey, 2L Southern Comfort, 1L vodka (although I expect some of that to dissapear before I leave)...probably get a crate or two with my mates as well. I was tempted for a bottle of Black Aftershock, but seeing as I hope to not poo until the Monday (or try to poo as little as possible) that's a bad idea.

Am going to buy my rollmat to sleep on this afternoon then i am ready for Leeds fest.

Booze-wise I have about just over a litre of vodka and a crate of Koppaberg Pear cider (in tins), was thinking about getting some whisky, any suggestions?

Also I seem to poop with regularity at festivals between 8.30 and 9 in the morning it is festival poop time :shifty:

But it tatstes nice... I was thinking Knob Creek, isn't there one called "Wild Turkey" or something???

I only really know a bit about "nice" whiskeys, I like my laphoraig personally, bit much for the fest though, need sipping whiskey.

Wild Turkey is nice. It's my second choice after knob creek, it's a little cheaper and easier to come by, which is nice. Knob Creek is kinda scarce.

Honestly though, Jack Daniels will be fine. It's a festival.

Also Jim Beam is rank.

No idea, not sure if anything formal goes on but I assume everyone will be drinking and lighting fires. I believe a friend of mine found some kind of indie club for last year but I didn't go along. She has since gone off to New York rather than spend her time in a muddy field, quite why anybody would do that I'm not sure.

On the reading website the other day I saw something about a club night hosted by pendulum, that would be sick. The website isn't working for me right now, but check that out.

But it tatstes nice... I was thinking Knob Creek, isn't there one called "Wild Turkey" or something???

I only really know a bit about "nice" whiskeys, I like my laphoraig personally, bit much for the fest though, need sipping whiskey.

To be fair. It's a festival, just get some JD or Bells. The cheaper the better. You're going to be mixing it, it's not a big deal. I've got Bells. I mean, I don't particuarly like it, but it's fucking cheap.

I love me some Glenfiddich though. Knob Creek's nice too.

Edited by YI

Right everytime I look at the weather on met check it makes me slightly happier.

Currently:

Thursday: Rain in the afternoon but less than a cm in total

Thursday night->Friday morning about a cm of rain

Friday is sunny with light showers

Saturday->Sunday is dry/sunny and getting warmer.

I am getting that feeling in my stomach i used to get as a kid a couple of days before i go on holiday, I am loving it :)

EDIT: This is for Leeds BTW, don't know what you southerners are getting

Edited by Rich__H

I will not be able to relax or get excited until all of my tickets are in hand.

I've not packed, bought anything, or got ready in any way.

Ugggggggggggh.

Fuck see.

From now on It's stargreen and gigantic all the way.