Doctor Who

Benji

Yeah, but as far as they were aware it was "empty", and The Doctor had already established an alien presence.

I guess. My logic was that if you find a maintanence shaft that is alien in origin you go tell The Doctor first.

But then where would storyline progression go I guess.

Edited by The Inquisition

River was still in an exploratory mood too - she does this kind of thing almost as often as The Doctor, so it wouldn't necessarily be her first instinct, especially if there's no immediate sign of danger. Not to mention that she wasn't especially happy with The Doctor either...

Begin the usual "it's the Rani" comments. If we're not getting Daleks/Cybermen/Master this year then he needs someone big to fight and she probably makes the most sense. That, or it's Susan/Romana. If somehow that is his baby that Amy was/is carrying, then I wouldn't be surprised if you eventually find out it's Susan.

But wasn't Susan his Granddaugther?

Good point. I've always thought from the references that were made (definitly in 'The Doctor's Daughter') that Susan was a part of 'past' continuity (pre-Time War). I'm sure there is some reference to him 'having been a father before' in that one, and maybe one of the Ecclestone episodes as well? I've always taken that to be a reference to Susan's mother/father, who of course would have been the Doctor's daughter/son.

Mind you, I don't think it's ever been referenced on-screen that Susan was a Time Lord. Maybe he just picked her up on his travels and they assumed the roles of grandfather/daughter as it was convenient, maybe even just to get Susan into school (prior to the first Hartnell episode). Remember 'Time Lords' and Galifrey only entered the mythos at the end of the Troughton ere.

I think there is clearly some sort of suggestion that the girl is Amy's daughter from the pics, and clearly she can regenerate? But are we supposed to believe that the Doctor and Amy have...you know..?

Unless we're being 'Russo swerved' here the only time it could have happened was when she came onto the Doctor last series? (Which I still find to be a massivly comic scene).

I'm loving this series anyway.

I'm enjoying this series so far because of the dark tone and everything not being spoon fed and straight forward. Though next week looks like a return to the one-off fun adventure, which I also enjoy, I've got a really good feeling about the rest of this series. The character's have a depth that we rarely saw with Davies and that's something that really strengthens the show.

Out of interest, have Moffat ever indicated if he'd use supporting characters from the past series? I would love to see Captain Jack make an appearance in this series or the next.

Well, wouldn't regeneration be a side effect of Amy having a baby while travelling with the Doctor?

Hinted at by their conversation in this episode, but I don't think they'd go down that route. Too simplistic a solution. Suppose it depends on whether the little girl has changed her face next time we see her. The 'Doctor's (clone) Daughter' regenerated didn't she, but didn't change appearance?

Well, wouldn't regeneration be a side effect of Amy having a baby while travelling with the Doctor?

Hinted at by their conversation in this episode, but I don't think they'd go down that route. Too simplistic a solution. Suppose it depends on whether the little girl has changed her face next time we see her. The 'Doctor's (clone) Daughter' regenerated didn't she, but didn't change appearance?

She didn't regenerate, she was brought back to life by that thing that revitalised the whole planet.

Surprised people aren't jumping on the idea that Amy and The Doctor had sex. I hope not and don't think it's the answer, but it certainly seems like Moffat was hinting at that with the way Amy was talking about who she loved in that episode.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go down that route, or, if they did, they wouldn't do it so explicitly. An affair between Amy and The Doctor would be a pretty big issue with the audience seeing as Rory is so likeable. I think they've established her admiration for The Doctor, and the effect it's having on Amy and Rory. But an affair could really mess with the audience's perception of The Doctor and Amy, and I don't think they can risk that as I think they'd sympathise with Rory over everyone else.

Besides, if nothing else, they wouldn't go down that route as they could easily be hit with people saying "The Doctor groomed Amy since she was a small kid" and no way would the BBC let that hit one of their flagship shows that are aimed at kids.

She didn't regenerate, she was brought back to life by that thing that revitalised the whole planet.

Ah, thanks for that mate, I'll have to go and have a re-watch of that?

And 9 to 5 thanks for the 'grooming' comment, lol. Good point! Anyway it seems to be setting things up with Rory and Amy as one couple with the Doctor and River as a second, can't imagine there'd be an 'affair' in the TARDIS? Seems a bit 'Eastenders' for me, besides all the Mum's and Dad's would have to explain to the kiddies watching HOW the Doctor got Amy pregnant?

Maybe the little girl is River? But younger? Do we know she's human?