The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

It does, and when you enter a new area, it locks at that level.

So, if you ran all over the wasteland at level 1, every enemy would be locked to level 1, so you could walk in at level 10 or 15 and just kill everything with no problem.

So THATS why the Super-Duper Mart was so easy...

I may have to do that on my next save. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

A few questions I have since I'm playing this epic game at the moment.

If you shoot someone with a silenced gun in their house, will you still get the town people trying to kill you?

Also I found Jericho dead in Megatown, is this a random glitch or something? Or has someone killed him for something? He was not a follower of mine yet, so I don't know if it's anything I have done.

it's near the capitol building, in the direction of the capitol building, u need to turn left (museum of history side), it is easy to find because its pretty much the only open street around there and is the lats street before capito building; go forward and u will find it, if u go even more far u will find another entrance and a mall plaza's metro station.
Edited by Mr.Chile

A few questions I have since I'm playing this epic game at the moment.

If you shoot someone with a silenced gun in their house, will you still get the town people trying to kill you?

Also I found Jericho dead in Megatown, is this a random glitch or something? Or has someone killed him for something? He was not a follower of mine yet, so I don't know if it's anything I have done.

There's a bug in Megaton where people aren't set to lean on the railings properly, so they fall off the platform and die.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get to Level 12 is being a pain in the ass. If it was another game I would have given up on it by now, but Fallout is by far the best game I have ever really played and I love it. Just need the Cannibal perk.

The Pint Size Slasher quest is by far the most fun thing I have ever done. It reminds me a little of a level from Hitman.

Not to be a dick, but the Cannibal perk is kind of pointless. I'm not telling you not to get it, because if you want specifically for the type of character you have created, then go for it, make the game fun for yourself. It does have a fun novelty to it, but you might find it's benefits aren't what you'd expect.

Not to be a dick, but the Cannibal perk is kind of pointless. I'm not telling you not to get it, because if you want specifically for the type of character you have created, then go for it, make the game fun for yourself. It does have a fun novelty to it, but you might find it's benefits aren't what you'd expect.

No worries man. It does seem pointless, but I want it so that when my character needs to get some health back she can do it when eating other characters. When you perform the Cannibal move you won't get that much radiation poisoning. Also it will be good in battle if you don't have any meds left and need some health.

I got the Cannibal perk and it was a bit of a waste. My character is evil though so it made sense, plus I don't think I had that many good options so I picked it.

I do regret Bloody Mess though, makes looting that little bit tougher.

Has anyone found the Rube Goldberg Engine in the shop in that little town east of Vault 101? The shop is called Gold Ribbon Groceries I think (close to that, anyway). Can't remember the name of the town, but it's the one you're sent to when you complete the unmarked quest in the Museum Of Technology. The one that...

Prime sets you, involving guessing three codes on three of the museum's many information terminals.
The answers are the only choices that are Prime numbers. The dude is called Prime, so...

It's pretty cool, and makes the long and otherwise quite pointless (or at least I haven't found anything else other than the quest rewards (which admittedly were pretty damn schweet)...) trip all the way out there sort of worth it. If you don't know what a Rube Goldberg Engine is... some clues: Pressure pad, ram, boxes, baseball, boom. Know the one?

I'm also having real trouble when it comes to pickpocketing. I just can't do it. Even wearing no armour, with nothing in my inventory and nothing equipped, no PipBoy light on, at night, people in Megaton ALWAYS notice me waaayyy before I get anywhere near close enough to actually pickpocket them. Not tried pickpocketing a hostile yet, maybe they have less perception or something. But it's annoying. I wanna reverse pickpocket a grenade into someone's pocket, damnit. Doing that kind of thing on Oblivion rocked.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Just got the game and I'm about the most damn evil person going. It all started when I killed Officer Gomez (by accident) and snow-balled. Oh well, good so far. I think I rushed into the game too much though, going to start again and explore a bit first.

Yeah, I've got about 50,000 character ideas swimming about in my head now (most based on characters from Gaunt's Ghosts). My original character is a bit directionless...

Any tips for escaping Vault 101 without killing the Overseer? It seems that as soon as he sees me he turns hostile, even if I haven't done anything to piss him off (other than breaking the curfew and being the son of the guy who ran away). Thus I can't talk to him and have to kill him in self defence, and then Amata bitches and moans because apparently killing her dad hurts her feelings or someshit. :rolleyes: As such, most of my characters start off evil by accident (although it's easy to become good again as long as you don't

detonate Megaton.

The karma you lose from that is uber, and it might actually be mathematically impossible to get back to 'good' again, I dunno).

Edited by Farmer Reil

I have never killed the Overseer when busting out of the Vault. I can't remember exactly how I did it because it has been awhile since I last played Fallout 3, but it is possible to escape the Vault without killing him.

Regarding bad and good karma, I've found that being an evil son of a bitch makes you rich as fuck. Killing carvans and their brahmins is a great way to steal a buttload of shit, get negative karma, and gain experience.

I can do some stealing, but I am too much of a nice guy most of the time. I get most of my loot from killing off raiders and stuff.

I have never killed the Overseer when busting out of the Vault. I can't remember exactly how I did it because it has been awhile since I last played Fallout 3, but it is possible to escape the Vault without killing him.

Pick the choice that says you will harm Amanta if he doesn't give you the key and code. That should make him do what you want and not have to kill him.

Spoiler for future misson regarding the Overseer.

Also if you kill him, it will effect you in a later misson when you return to The Vault.

My evil bitch of a character is rich as hell at the moment. 3250 caps at the moment, I have no idea how many I have spent and that.

I have three files at the moment for the game. One really evil sexy bitch. One good guy. Also a guy that will have shades of grey is a personal take on a waster (No, not a wastelander) I know in real life.

I love this game. It has to be the best game I've ever played also the book guide you can buy is very much worth it.

Oh, Jericho died. He was a good soldier in the line of duty.