Staying after movie credits

PkmnTrainerJ

Discussion in the Iron Man thread (if you watch it, stay after the credits) made me wonder how many people do stay after movie credits and whether they stay for all films.

I usually go and see films with two friends, and we'll usually stay after the credits, but we tried to stay after the AVP credits and they switched them off. The credits must have ran for ten minutes themselves at least though.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

If I think there'll be something worth seeing after the credits, I'll stay. If it's Juno or that Sandra Bullock movie where she lived a week out of order, I won't.

If I'm by myself or I know that there's going to be something after the end credits ahead of time I generally do. If I'm with someone it depends on if they want to stay or not and if I care if there is anything after the end credits or not.

If I don't stay after the end credits, I generally leave about 45 seconds after the end credits start rolling unless I want to see who played a particular character or find out what a particular song is and the end theme is decent enough that I don't mind listening to it. (Since I could just as easily find out the info online later)

No, as soon as the credits begin, we go away. There's no real point, even for ten-fifteen seconds worth of "bloopers." And agreed, going to the cinema on your own is depressing, but I may have to do it post exams - I've missed loads of films since nobody decent wanted to see them.

No, as soon as the credits begin, we go away. There's no real point, even for ten-fifteen seconds worth of "bloopers." And agreed, going to the cinema on your own is depressing, but I may have to do it post exams - I've missed loads of films since nobody decent wanted to see them.

There's a point for 30 to 90 seconds of extra film.

I can understand that, but for me, if it's not important enough to put in around 90mins+ of movie time...then it's not really essential to the plot.

I can understand that, but for me, if it's not important enough to put in around 90mins+ of movie time...then it's not really essential to the plot.

Sometimes it is essential, like in Iron Man. Sometimes it isn't, like in the Tenacious D film. For the record I don't usually stay until after the credits when I go to the cinema. My mates and I only stuck around after Iron Man as we had heard rumours of something happening. And it did, so hooray for that.

I always hear people talking about how sad it is to go to the movies alone, but if I'm wanting to see a movie that is anything but a comedy I generally won't go with anyone. If I wanted to go out and have a good time, we'll go party, bowling, putt putt, or something besides being forced to be quiet and such at the movies.

Edited by Trey

For the run of superhero movies, and most comedies, yeah, I'll stick around, see if anything happens. For anything else, no, not really.

As for going to the movies alone, I tend to have a wide range of tastes in movies, so there's some that I'll go check out on my own because I don't know anyone else that wants too. In fact, I should have done it with 'There Will be Blood', because my girl at the time hated it.

I don't really stay. Unless the people I'm with want to stay for some reason, I've always just left when the credits start.

To be honest, I just don't see it as that big of a thing to miss so I don't really want to sit there for 15 minutes waiting for a 30 second spot that I can read about online later. Or in the case of Iron Man, essentially knowing what it was prior to even seeing the movie.

I go to the movies by myself once in a while. Sometimes, I just don't want to talk, I want to just sit there and enjoy the movie. When I do that, I'm usually going to go sometime in the early afternoon, where there is almost nobody in the theater itself.

I go by myself sometimes, usually before I go into work (at the movie theater) or after work. Staying to the end of the credits is something I only do if the ushers tell me there's a scene at the end. Just ask them when they're greeting you on your way out if there's extra film, they'll know.

I HATE people, who as they sense the movie is about to finish, put their coats on, or start packing away the various crap they've brought with them. And the SECOND the film fades to black, they stand up and start walking out. That's why Return of the King was so funny, they had to keep going back to sit down.

It just drives me mad. What's the rush? They don't burn the place down after every use, you know. You might not want to stay to the very end of the credits, but at least wait until the characters have stopped speaking! That's why I love smaller cinemas, (like the Tyneside in Newcastle) where the credits are where you sit and discuss with your friends what you've just seen, not run for the exit to be the first out of the door.

That's why I love smaller cinemas, (like the Tyneside in Newcastle) where the credits are where you sit and discuss with your friends what you've just seen, not run for the exit to be the first out of the door.

See, I love The Gate because you have slags, bars and Wokmania...even if the cinema is ridiculously expensive. :shifty: But Wokmania is lovely.